PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2 weeks to prepare and we get 3 running plays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they would've ran more if Ridley and Vereen didn't suck. Good lord, a 2nd they traded up for and a 3rd round pick on RBs and they don't do **** in meaningful games.

The Lawfirm is great at what he does but he's not winning any games if it rests on his shoulders. Who exactly do you people expect them to dump another 10-15 carries on?

since ridley has fumblitis, and Vereen had the Ras IR bug, chances of these two seeing any meaningful playtime next year are low. We will re-sign BJGE to go with the Woodpecker

And how well did they do in 2002?

How is that relevant to the conversation? I am just saying that McDaniels not running the ball is a fallacy created by McDaniels haters.

I'm with you.

The Patriots lack balance on offense.

Some stats

Yesterday - 41 pass/19 run time of possession 22:55 = loss

SB 42 - 48 pass/16 run time of possession 29:33 = loss

SB 39 - 33 pass/28 run time of possession 31:37 = win

SB 38 - 48 pass/35 run time of possession 38:58 = win

SB 36 - 27 pass/25 run time of possession 26:30 = win

Until they get back to basics and return to a balanced offense where it is NOT all about Tom Brady and his arm this team will not win another Super Bowl.

I don't understand how you can say if they don't make a radical change they will never win a SB and keep a straight face. With the system in place they were Welker catching a pass that hit him in the hands away from winning a SB. 4 years ago they were Samuel holding an Int away from winning another.

Whatever argument you want to make about running the ball, it is completely ignorant to say they can't win a SB with this system because twice in 5 years they were 1 play away/

what's the chance of your Sanchez doing anything but continuing to suck, Mr Greenmon?..what other ridiculously moronic nicknames do you have for Patriots players? Woodpecker....that's almost as good as "we're NOT SOJ anymore!!!!!"

The lockout excuse is overblown. I didn't see Ridley having any trouble cracking the line-up. We didn't need two running backs. We needed one. Again, the Vereen pick made absolutely no sense.

Faulk is retiring, BJGEs contract is up, Woodhead has 1 year left.
Drafting isnt only about the rookie year. When that draft was conducted we had one RB under contract longer than the upcoming season, and still do.

Given what transpired this season, why does the Vereen pick not make sense? If anything, the Patriots selecting Ridley after taking Vereen first doesn't make sense.

I'm curious to see what Vereen offers. I'd like to see a more balanced offense but I'm not stupid to write the passing offense off given Gronkowski's injury leading into Heartbreak MKII.

Interestingly, I wonder what would have happened in the Superbowl had Will Yeatman or Lee Smith remained on the Patriots roster in some sort of capacity this season. IMO, they may have been enough to help with the loss of Gronk's capabilities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back