PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2 roster slots needed soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW- speaking of LGB's back up is Gaffney on anyone's roster now or just one someone's PS.

Gaffney's injured, cut w injury settlement.

--

As for the 2 cuts:
.- DJ Foster, Derby and Waddle were the only healthy scratches 2/3 times. Waddle is not eligible for PS. There is no other OT on PS (they even released DeBord). Foster and Derby are IMO not likely to clear waivers. So the ? is - do they want to say goodbye to them like w KGH, LeBlanc, D.Roberts ..
.- Karras did not play a snap vs HOU. Mason is on. Cooper looked close to come back three weeks ago. Karras IMO is likely to make it to PS.
.- Coleman, Richards and King have seen their roles diminished. C and R only played on ST vs HOU and both under 50% at that. Richards and King are PS elig.. A guy to monitor here is Eric Rowe. If he wouldn't have the injury setback I would bet on one of these 3 guys cut. King's ST role&impact diminished on account of JJ.
.- E.Roberts would be the logical victim w Ninko coming back (although a surprise move here is possible) The problem is they seem to really like him and he is not likely to clear waivers IMO (lots of LB hungry teams out there like Bills f.e.)
.- Harbor and Waddle could be the candidates for the “shadow roster“ like ken suggested.
.- re Hughes depends on the deal and possible performance vs Bills. A Johnson is still available.
.- IR is an option - they can bring any-one back 2nd part of the season (Cooper, Brissett/Garoppolo, Rowe..).
.- Trade should not surprise us as well.
_

I guess they might wait with DJ until Lewis returns.
Waddle/Karras (or Cooper to IR) + Richards/King/Coleman (or Rowe to IR) would be the least painful for me because they could all return one way or another. Id hate to say goodbye to DJ, Derby or Roberts at this point.

Last edited:
Wasn't Derby just named player of the week this past week?
Doesn't mean anything, Jake bequette got it several times and I don't think he was ever active for a game. BB just hates razorbacks

The fact that we're having such a difficult time choosing a player or two speaks volumes to the depth and talent of the 2016 team.

A couple of notable points to me:

--I'd have said Brissett to IR, had he not mentioned how little it's affecting him

--Can't imagine a core ST guy like Bolden getting cut, as much as we love to discuss it every year

--Releasing Waddle really leaves the team thin at tackle. I don't see how that can happen with SeaBass injured

--I don't think we can get rid of Jordan Richards yet

My choices:

--Someone to IR. That could obviously include someone who may get dinged up vs. BUF. It could also be a guy who has been battling injury like Cooper or Howe

--One of Roberts, Derby, Foster, or Harbor

Why does everyone hate Jordan Richards?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

No chance, he was the best STer last game... Bill love those guys

And Harbor is being active so Derby is in trouble

Harbor has only been active on downs where blocking is a priority (believe he has zero receptions?). Derby has a higher ceiling than Harbor does, and as a former QB, his football IQ and intangibles are presumably more attuned to the complex recognition-based offense we run.

My choices:

--Someone to IR. That could obviously include someone who may get dinged up vs. BUF. It could also be a guy who has been battling injury like Cooper or Howe

--One of Roberts, Derby, Foster, or Harbor

Well, yeah, those are the choices. You give 6 plus anyone who gets inured on Sunday. What do you expect to happen? I think Roberts and Derby, although an IR is certainly a good possibility.

Well, yeah, those are the choices. You give 6 plus anyone who gets inured on Sunday. What do you expect to happen? I think Roberts and Derby, although an IR is certainly a good possibility.
Not sure, mg. My crystal ball is clouding up.

If forced at gunpoint, I'd narrow it down to an IR designation for Cooper, and maybe Clay Harbor.

King is an obvious cut for me. He seems to be neither gunner nor vice right now, so if he contributes nothing except as an outside cover guy on STs, how much value does he really have?

A team might be smart to trade a 7th for him and upgrade at gunner, but I doubt that will really happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back