PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2 roster slots needed soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooper, Harbor, Roberts, King, Richards, Foster, Bolden, Waddle, all candidates in my opinion.

Brady and Ninko will comeback in one week, then we have Volmer and Lewis on standby as well, and I think a RB addition should be in the plans. Lots of moves coming.

Sadly, I'm not counting on that ever happening... Hope I'm wrong.

Yea we'll see. Cooper is a snake-bitten dude.

Cooper, Harbor, Roberts, King, Richards, Foster, Bolden, Waddle, all candidates in my opinion.

Brady and Ninko will comeback in one week, then we have Volmer and Lewis on standby as well, and I think a RB addition should be in the plans. Lots of moves coming.
Then you dont know BB very well... Bolden and King are locks! ST aces.. Right now Patriots feast on the new kick off rule, those 2 are a HUGE part of that...

How about Jordon Richards when did he become untouchable??:mad: Also no way I see Foster and Derby going anywhere Derby is a Pass catching TE who could excel on any Team Foster is a good Pass catching RB with some upside as a runner. Also San Diego and the NY Giants just lost their former Patriots Third Down RB's for the year Foster would be scooped up in a minute. TE Clay Harbor could be another victim James Develin > Clay Harbor. All the talk about axing Derby or DJ Foster makes no sense to me.

Then you dont know BB very well... Bolden and King are locks! ST aces.. Right now Patriots feast on the new kick off rule, those 2 are a HUGE part of that...

So many Pats fans continue to undervalue what Bolden brings to this team.

How about Jordon Richards when did he become untouchable??:mad:
The Pats have gone with three safeties on something like 60% of their defensive snaps this season. That's their new "base" defense. After the three starters, there's literally only one other real safety on the roster. Why would you get rid of the only backup at a position?

Could see any of these moves:

Foster cut
Derby/Harbor cut (probably Derby)
Waddle cut
Cooper to IR
Karras cut (unlikely, along with Waddle, but not impossible)
Hughes cut
Roberts cut
Coleman cut (real dark horse candidate--he plays, but so did a lot of players who get cut)
King/Richards cut (really doubt it)

In all likelihood, someone else will just get hurt for the year and go on IR.

Not both at the same time but I could see one of them getting the axe, Bolden fumbled the ball against Miami and he's not contributing at RB at all, if BB finds a RBBC who also can play some ST he can be replaced.

I'm not saying he is not a good playes, this roster is full of good players but BB will evaluate all variables.

Sorry Scriz still cannot bring myself to like Jordan Richards = Tavon Wilson 2.0 who will never justify their selection. That said BB have always went with Four Offensive Tackles so I see LA Waddle Sticking also I think Dante Scar Likes Jonathan Cooper because if he didn't I think he would have been waived along time ago so I don't see a victim via the OL.

The less-than-useless, penalty-machine Brandon King…MUST…GO…NOW.

We have 12 feckin DBs on the 53…TWELVE! That is feckin RIDICULOUS.

Karras stays. He is playing quite a bit to give Mason time to recover and hasn't been a liability.
Could be, although he didn't get a snap last week. Mason is back. Karras' spot really depends, for me, on whether Cooper is close. If Cooper isn't close then Karras probably stays. If Cooper is close then Karras can probably make it to the PS.

Not both at the same time but I could see one of them getting the axe, Bolden fumbled the ball against Miami and he's not contributing at RB at all, if BB finds a RBBC who also can play some ST he can be replaced.
The thing is, Bolden is 70% ST and 30% RB ( But still knows the playbook ) so he wont be replaced. BB finds another RB to replace Blount / White ( DJ/Lewis ) before Bolden. Same with King really.. Roberts for me is 1 then you need the second. Probably a OL or the new DT.

Last you have the Foxborough flue, you never know when it strikes...

Sorry Scriz still cannot bring myself to like Jordan Richards = Tavon Wilson 2.0 who will never justify their selection. That said BB have always went with Four Offensive Tackles so I see LA Waddle Sticking also I think Dante Scar Likes Jonathan Cooper because if he didn't I think he would have been waived along time ago so I don't see a victim via the OL.

What have you seen from Jordan Richards that would cause you to compare him to Tavon Wilson? While Wilson wasn't a phenom worth extending he is a decent player. He's a starter in Detroit.

Absolutely. But Bolden and King AND Slater AND J. Jones AND Ebner are all aces on special teams coverage. Even for the Patriots, that's a lot of roster spots for essentially ST-only players. To this point there's been room for all of them due to the "luxury" of having two starters suspended, but something has to give.

Slater is the captain and perennial Pro Bowler; Bolden is the likeliest to contribute on offense or defense; J. Jones gets down the field as fast as anyone I've ever seen, and has intriguing potential at CB. Meanwhile the team is carrying 6 so-called safeties. It's not dissing special teams to say that one of King or Ebner is highly vulnerable. My guess is King.

Sorry Scriz still cannot bring myself to like Jordan Richards = Tavon Wilson 2.0 who will never justify their selection.
What does that have to do with anything? You can dislike the player all you want, but it doesn't make any sense to talk about cutting a top backup just because you think he was a bad draft pick. None of that matters anymore.

Absolutely. But Bolden and King AND Slater AND J. Jones AND Ebner are all aces on special teams coverage. Even for the Patriots, that's a lot of roster spots for essentially ST-only players. To this point there's been room for all of them due to the "luxury" of having two starters suspended, but something has to give.

Slater is the captain and perennial Pro Bowler; Bolden is the likeliest to contribute on offense or defense; J. Jones gets down the field as fast as anyone I've ever seen, and has intriguing potential at CB. Meanwhile the team is carrying 6 so-called safeties. It's not dissing special teams to say that one of King or Ebner is highly vulnerable. My guess is King.
I agree PC, but I still beleave Roberts is a "lock" as one then you need a second.

I wonder if Karras is getting time as a back-up C. I'd let Harbor and Foster go when TB12
and Ninko are ready.

I think they played him there in TC. Heard he did ok. Cooper has experience at C as well as AZ was trying to see what he could do there. Also Mason got some time there at the Sr Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back