PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2 of 3 weeks Conservative Playcalling Costs Us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPatBoy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says we have some coordinator issues. The Indy game we settle on field goals and we play conservative and it bites us. This game forget abouyt everything, including the 3 runs in the red zone on our first series, but at the ned of the day we were handed a 3rd and 15 deep in the Jets territory. Now let's not forget that the only success we had all night on stopping NY was playing an aggressive blitzing defense , pressuring Favre, on tat play we abandoned what had worked and played a ****ty 3 man rush that cost us the game! Plain and simple! 3rd and 15 and we play soem soft zone that lets the same guy who had been getting open all night get open again for the 1st down! I mean was the multiple timkes he burnt us not enough. I mean a familiar theme exists with this team lately in big games.......our defense can't secure the win. I n this game we had a dream scenario, 3rd and 15 from there own q16 anmd we go to this BS no pressure allignement!! I just want Pees out of there. We have lost our aggressive approach on defense. I mean Favre could have been drawing up on plays in the sand everytime we didn't scheme heavy pressure, but onb the biggest play of he game the 2008 Patriots did what they have done in every loss, gone conservative!

You haven't been around for a while. Why come back now?

Belichick is the conservative voice in this system. Maybe tooo conservative at times, but he is what he is and we have 3 rings to back it up.

I think what Cassel showed tonight gives the Pats coaching staff confidence to open things up on a consistant basis. Cassel is getting better each week. However, he really needs to work on the deep ball.

Last edited:
Indy game it was the horrible red zone playcalling. Tonight it was the red zone or 30 yds and in playcalling thta held us to 2 field goals............Then after everything, if BB watches the tape of the game, our D only had success when we pressured Favre......To call a soft zone on that play was inexcusable. Who called it, I don't know I'm assuming Pees! Regardless that call eventually cost us the game and is a trend.........I mean if they converted on that play with people at favres ankles, it is what it is, but our willingness to play soft is costing us games!

Thats Cassel for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back