PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2 of 3 Potential Opponent Elite QB's Eliminated from Postseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
The QB with the second best TD to int ratio in the league got eliminated today.

I think being perceived as elite is in some ways more of a threat than actually having the finer season which is why I agree with the OP's premise - just because Peyton and Brees are the two guys most likely to get PIs, late hits, etc. called in their favor.

Look at Vick, Big Ben, those guys are getting brutalized and the refs don't care and then their coaches go into pout mode.

I can take a loss by a team that beats us a lot better than a loss in a game where the refs tilt the game.

I think vick is a very good qb and dangerous but I do not think he is elite. Same goes for Matt Ryan. Jmo though

I think both are capable of putting the team on their backs, especially vick.

First, I didnt realize Mark Sanchez and Colt McCoy were elite QBs. Wouldn't we have had to lose at least a game to an elite QB for it to be our Achilles Heel.
Second, the entire Rodgers family thanks you for including him and his zero career playoffs wins in the elite category.

The elite QB concern is more about the Colts and Packers games this year than anything else - both those games could have gone the other way because the QBs kept their teams competitive to the end. I, too, and glad to see Brees and Manning - last year's Superbowl starting QBs - out of the picture.

I agree about Rodgers - totally suspect until he wins a couple of playoff games. Rapistberger has led a SB team, Vick has some playoff chops although a long time ago, and Flacco has some playoff wins under his belt now. But there's no one in the playoffs left that can hold Brady's jock strap.

The Pats lost to the Jets and Browns for entirely different reasons than that they got beat by elite QB play. Some of those reasons are gone and their new coaches fired. Also, the Pats defense is light years better than it was in either of those losses. The offense has a new backfield and current and former pro bowl pieces not in either loss - Mankins and Branch, to name a couple.

Last edited:
The QB with the second best TD to int ratio in the league got eliminated today.

True, but Flacco's numbers are misleading because of one game that was 4 months ago. If you look at his stats since game 2, he's as good as anyone in the league not named Brady -- 27 TDs versus 5 INTs in 15 game.

Bumping this up because Flacco was eliminated today

Flacco is regular season borderline elite.

Big Ben is playoff elite.

I don't think either are Elite

the other qb to be worried about imo is aaron rodgers. kids coming into his own

Kind of a dumb thread...

1. privileged minority: a small group of people within a larger group who have more power, social standing, wealth, or talent than the rest of the group ( takes a singular or plural verb )​

I think Tyan, Rodgers and Big Ben are pretty elite. We're down to six teams and four of the QBs are elite. Big surprise.

I think you can put Rodgers up there now.

But I would take Brady 10 out of 10 times over any other QB Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots