Welcome to PatsFans.com

2 more Dead US soldiers

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Jul 22, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

3. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Very nice sentiments.

They paid the ultimate price for serving their country over seas.
  4. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +104 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Mikey get to jerk off two more times.
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +538 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

It is irrelevant...they signed up to serve their country...they did so bravely and honorably. No person signs up to serve their country ever knows what they are going to do.

In Rhode Island...in Central Falls there is a memorial for a soldier who was in the lead Humvee when attacking in Grenada...he died with a bullet to the forehead.

Nowhere is his memorial will you find any questions of why he had to die in Grenada...for what cause...right or wrong? It's a testimony to their bravery that they served with no sidenotes.

How about all those who die on base or while in training...are they any less brave or any less a hero..no, they are not. They are all heros the instant they sign their name to join.

I remember a poster who briefly showed up over here and got banned almost instantly...I forget the screen name. But he came here claiming to know you personally and what he said was not very nice about your service in the military. You must have complained to Ian because he was gone as fast as he came...must have struck a nerve.

I rememered that...but I never questioned you on it...because I felt then as I do now that anyone who serves is a hero for representing their country...right or wrong is irrelevant...what makes countries strong is unity which leads to strength over weakness.

Better to die strong than to die a coward...none better than the Samurai's taught everyone that lesson. But I'll say one more thing...I regret everyday I didn't get a chance to serve..I tried over and over and even falsified medical records to get in...they would not take me.

If I was given a choice to this day that tomorrow I will die and here are my choices. you can die a soldier in Iraq or you can die a civilian crossing a street...I would die 100 times in Iraq because to die for your country is the highest honor in the world.

The correctness of war is never realized till 10-20 years down the line...brave people know this and cowards exploit it. To me...that's what liberals are...they are cowards who have no sense of the reality of this cruel world we live in and why we need soldiers to live in peace to the greatest extent possible.
  6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +538 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

7. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +104 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Bravo FBN. Bravo!
  8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +538 / 4 / -13

#87 Jersey

I have acknowledged repeatedly that the method Bush used to go to war was deceitfull. The threat Saddam posed with WMD's was very small with the inspectors and the no-fly zone in place.

But that war existed up until our men and women reached Baghdad. After those several days of harmony the WOT and the war against evil fascists and the war for democracy was underway.

I have been consistent in my sayings on this. IMO the WMD's were a very minor reason to go to war in Iraq...but they were the only legal reason to get in there...Bush exploited it and our Congress voted for it. The WMD issue was used to get in there to fight the WOT and the War for Democracy to stabilize the Middle East. The American public was left out of the loop unfortunately.

Was it necessary? Could we have done it another way? Would the world have helped achieve this...NO. Because Russia and France were too busy plundering Iraq while people suffered and were being killed. Had Saddam stayed in power he would have outpaced Hitler's killing of innocent people.

So...what should we have done and/or the world have done?

We went to war and we never had a large debate on the topic
    in Congress. No fact finding missions, no new testimony and nothing new beyond what we knew or was fabricated.

So, for better or worse...the best possible outcome is to fight for peace and democracy for the people of Iraq and the world.

Our brave men and women are voluntarily signing up to do this everyday. because they believe in the war that is being fought now regardless of what war we fought in the beginning. because they know their sacrifice will save many lives and will be good for the world.

We cannot turn back now...leaving now would lead to an explosion of terrorism around the world...most all military and political experts realize this and many will lose their political jobs due to this idealogy.

But, for the good of the world we persist. for the good of themselves and the world Israel persists. for the good of the world and themselves Russia and China and all the world continue the fight against terrorism and radical Islam either around the world or in their own countries.

Our men and women are fighting the greatest World War ever imagined except by believers of radical Islam...they have dreamed of this war for thousands of years. The internet was the tool that enabled what they visioned for thousands of years...a world where Islam had conquered all and Allah would return and praise the believers and damn the infidels.

If one is not a hero for fighting to save the world than the term hero simply has no meaning at all. WMD's is the triumphant call of cowards and the clueless who will realize...when the next President and the President after that and after that are all fighting the same war that joyfully(in their eyes) began on 9/11/2001.