Welcome to PatsFans.com

2 Lb's in the Draft?(not fact, just a question)

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by Fantasic4x50x54x59x55, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fantasic4x50x54x59x55

Fantasic4x50x54x59x55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

you think there is anyway we draft 2 linbackers in the first?...We are Really thin at ILB...?? Suppose this was to happen who would you take?
  2. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan On the Roster

Ratings:
    +235 / 22 / -10

I'll wager that we take two or more LBs in the draft. Whether they will be first rounders, Ii don't know but I think that is the biggest need, bar none.

For a change there are actually a few ILBs with size and speed. Most years there are zero or one, but they are unreachable and long gone by the Pats pick.
  3. miDeuce

miDeuce Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

I defintely think it's possible if the right players fall to those spots - would anything the Pats do on draft day be a surprise? Of course I think one LB and one DB is more likely. Interesting tidbit from Silver's column on SI.com today:

"I love Tedy Bruschi, but unless he plays at a much higher level than he did in 2006, he will not start again for the Patriots."

I don't know how this can be true given the fact that he's really the only true experienced ILB on the team. I'd like to think Tedy comes back with a healed wrist and, with AD's added playmaking, has a great year...
  4. dtbrks

dtbrks Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, I can't say I disagree with silver too much. I think teddy has lost not only a step, but big play capability and explosiveness. He has done an amazing job just getting back on the field after the stroke. He's an inspiration to many people, but his football skills are in decline. It happens to all athletes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.