PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2 games 2 things to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frick

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
1) win both games remaining to secure #1 seed- both teams at this point consider this their SB, so as Branch pointed out earlier this year, get out fast and keep your foot on the gas pedal right thru the 3rd quarter. By that point IMHO they'll both be toast and give up.

2) get Hoyer & Mallet some playing time, in case TB gets the wind knocked out of him, they'll be ready to fill in. And let them air the ball out a little, so we can showcase them before the draft

We can kill two birds with one stone, but if the players don't take these
games like they were playoff games, we're sunk.

Play hard sleep in your own beds!

Recent history would indicate that the chances of #2 happening are slim and none..

Also anticipate two close games this week and next week.. will probably see Brady see most of the action..

Recent history would indicate that the chances of #2 happening are slim and none..

Also anticipate two close games this week and next week.. will probably see Brady see most of the action..

I can't see how either game is close.

1) win both games remaining to secure #1 seed- both teams at this point consider this their SB, so as Branch pointed out earlier this year, get out fast and keep your foot on the gas pedal right thru the 3rd quarter. By that point IMHO they'll both be toast and give up.

2) get Hoyer & Mallet some playing time, in case TB gets the wind knocked out of him, they'll be ready to fill in. And let them air the ball out a little, so we can showcase them before the draft

We can kill two birds with one stone, but if the players don't take these
games like they were playoff games, we're sunk.

Play hard sleep in your own beds!

The players are suppose to take these games as playoff games when then coaches aren't by putting in Mallet and Hoyer? By putting them in it sends the opposite message.

I can see the Miami game being a shoot out again. I am not saying Brady will get 500 yards but I can see him needing to score to win. Miami always plays us tough for some reason with the exception of 2007 :p. Buffalo will be the revenge game like 2003 :).

DarylS-sadly I agree with you, it would be like drafting an OLB in the first rd.

I can't see how either game is close.

The Dolphins are going to put points up on the board. They've been moving the ball well for a couple months on better defenses then ours.

Buffalo...that game to them is nothing more than "the ninth game since Ryan Fitzpatrick got paid a ton of money and lost," so...

the first one is to get healthy

the second one is to stay healthy

beyond that, figure our what to do without carter, get ocho some touches, get vereen some time

besides that play the regular game

While I would certainly expect both games to be clear cut Patriot victories, I also would not imagine taking either team lightly; it is important to remember that both games are divisional games.

To me, MIA certainly will provide a defensive challenge, and I see them as a team who can keep the game somewhat close (within 10-13 pts) in the 4th quarter. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised to see MIA winning at some point, maybe even at late as 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter (assuming that they'll play tough defense, which they probably will).

The O-line definitely needs to protect Brady, as the MIA defense has certainly come around since the last time we played them in game one. That aspect does worry me a bit. Besides that, I'm not too worried about it, but I do not expect what many posters consider a 'blowout,' or easy victory.

The BUF game doesn't worry me at all, besides the fact that the Pats cannot come out and lay an egg. Other than that, we should walk away just fine, as BUF seems to be pretty decimated by injuries since the last time we played them; not to mention all the momentum has been taken away from them too. The possibility does exist that the starters may not play more than the first half or so, depending upon the seeding circumstances.

All I want to see in either game is protecting the QB, and improvement on defense. Maybe the return of Spikes or Chung will help that out.

The Dolphins are going to put points up on the board. They've been moving the ball well for a couple months on better defenses then ours.

Buffalo...that game to them is nothing more than "the ninth game since Ryan Fitzpatrick got paid a ton of money and lost," so...

Good pt. If MIA is able to put some pts on the board AND play some tough defense, then this game may be closer than about 90% of the fanbase realizes. Their defense has been pretty good, at least a lot better than the first time we played them. You also have to remember that they went a full month without giving up a TD in November, so they have the capacity to rush the passer and play man to man on coverage. That could potentially make the game harder than some think.

I don't expect the BUF game to present nearly the challenge that MIA may present, if they come to play. Depending on seeding circumstances, they may not even play the starters too much past the first drive of the 3rd quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back