PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2 firsts and the Brinks truck for Von

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rather trade a draft pick to the Steelers for their RT who held is own vs Miller than pay Miller a truck load. Collins is a force when healthy.

He had one good postseason that happened to be in a contract year. He's been invisible in every other postseason.

I don't remember people saying they were screwed because of Pot Roast. I think people thought it would hurt their run defense, but most people thought they would still have a very good defense. I don't think many people thought it would be anywhere as good as this one.

But Pot Roast was replaced by Sylvester Williams, not Malik Jackson.

I didn't mean to suggest that he directly replaced him, only that "he helped to make the transition much easier," which Jackson certainly did.

And yes...just like every year, there are posters who overreact to players from other teams leaving in free agency, and Pot Roast was brought up on a regular basis when it came to Denver. Hell, there were some who were trying to convince themselves about how bad DeMarcus Ware had fallen off, and that was only about 6-8 weeks ago!!!

As was pointed out, only 6 players played in the SB from two years ago on the DEN team last Sunday. Turnover is expected for any team.

How'd Pot Roast do this year by the way? I would have loved to have him in the middle of the defense.

I honestly don't even know, @Froob. That's a good question. Where'd he end up? Jacksonville, maybe? I can't even remember.

How'd Pot Roast do this year by the way? I would have loved to have him in the middle of the defense.
I can't speak to his individual performance, but the team numbers don't paint a very good picture. The Broncos went from 3.7 YPC allowed last year to 3.3 without him this year, while the Redskins went from 4.1 without him to 4.8 in 2015 with him.

He didn't get close to the $8M/yr long term contract he was supposedly looking for, but he got $4 million on a playoff team where he could play next to his best friend. That's not an awful way to spend the last few years of his career.

It's as if people think Miller does his work in a vacuum. It was Miller - Ware - Wolfe all staying reasonably healthy this year that did the damage. The Broncos D hit 7 total sacks against Carolina. As good as Miller was, he wasn't an island.

People will think this is a Pats homer being salty but Miller seems to have more games where he is invisible than he has games that he dominates.

Didn't show up in the '11 playoff game against NE
Didn't show up in the '12 playoff game against Baltimore
Didn't show up in the '14 playoff game against Indy
He really wasn't a factor against Pittsburgh in the divisional game.

Had two great games in the AFCC and SB and now people are acting like he is Lawrence Taylor.

He had one good postseason that happened to be in a contract year. He's been invisible in every other postseason.

Yep.. Just came into post that. He has had more games where has been a complete non-factor than he has where he has dominated..

People will think this is a Pats homer being salty but Miller seems to have more games where he is invisible than he has games that he dominates.

Had two great games in the AFCC and SB and now people are acting like he is Lawrence Taylor.
That's blantly untrue .

Yeah but Miller is tempting. At worst such a move would keep him off denver's roster and they would take a fatal hit imo. It would guarantee NE a spot in SB51.

He is good if he has a bookend pass rusher to complement him. He had that this year with ware and that combination was lethal. If he is by himself teams will just double team him.

Yeah but Miller is tempting. At worst such a move would keep him off denver's roster and they would take a fatal hit imo. It would guarantee NE a spot in SB51.

What if the Pats are devastated by injury again in 2016? Nothing is a guarantee, as we found out in 2015. NE was the best team in the league this year, but the season was derailed by injuries.

We don't need Miller or the gigantic contract he would come with. Fix the OL and add a RB and perhaps a LaFell replacement. Do that and we have a good shot to win SB51. We'd have a much better team than Denver even if they were to keep Miller.

He is good if he has a bookend pass rusher to complement him. He had that this year with ware and that combination was lethal. If he is by himself teams will just double team him.

Eh he still went invisible in games that Ware played in these last 2 years and he also went invisible when Dumervil was playing on the other side...

He had two outstanding games in Denver's two biggest games this season and people are now using that as their basis for him and ignoring the past 5 seasons of him being a good to very good player..

I mean 10-11 weeks into the season Chandler Jones had as many sacks and more hits and pressures than Miller and Ware combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back