PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2 1st Rnd picks for Deion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
According to Hugh Douglas out of Phili am610 radio, the Pats are asking for 2 first round picks for Branch.

Ha ha ha ha ha that's a good one - I guess they're asking for the price to sign a franchised player. Obviously they aren't getting two #1s.

Last edited:
Guess that means he's staying for sure.

Digger44 said:
According to Hugh Douglas out of Phili am610 radio, the Pats are asking for 2 first round picks for Branch.
Did he play the rimshot sound effect after that tidbit?

Digger44 said:

First round picks in which sport?

Last edited:
I don't believe that. If he was worth that much, they would meet his salary demands.

NEM said:
If the Pats asked Deion to NEGOTIATE his own trade, how can THEY be asking for 2 draft picks?

Why not? Deion believes he's a franchise player, so why not ask for franchise compensation. The Pats are not going to give him away for nothing.

He won't be going any where.

NEM said:
If the Pats asked Deion to NEGOTIATE his own trade, how can THEY be asking for 2 draft picks?

Pay attention, NEM.

Because the team is doing nothing more than allowing Branch to see what he's worth in salary to otehr teams. This all seems a major waste of time. If this is even close to true, don't expect to see Branch for 11 weeks.

NEM said:

Last edited by a moderator:
p8ryts said:
I don't believe that. If he was worth that much, they would meet his salary demands.

What demands? Our illustrious local media has reported that the agent has not been in contact with the FO for months. If this is true, how are they supposed to come to terms on the new deal? :confused:

NEM said:

this is a dumb statement. believe it or not, the Pats need to be ok with the value of the trade.

Wow, no good is going to come from this. :eek:

If you hope to settle for one
you have to begin by demanding two.

NEM said:

err...no, that's never how it works, because you'd get a 7th round pick and a can of spam. The Pats are allowing him to talk to other teams to work out a SALARY agreement, and the Pats and the other team would then have to work out the trade deal. That's why this is very complicated, and nearly impossible to achieve in a week.

"The New England Patriots have given Deion Branch permission to seek a trade and negotiate a contract with other clubs. This permission will extend until September 1, 2006."

They'd probably take a #2 for him. #3 is the compensatory pick they'd get next year.

I doubt they'd want to franchise a malcontent like him.

mcbee said:
They'd probably take a #2 for him. #3 is the compensatory pick they'd get next year.

I doubt they'd want to franchise a malcontent like him.

As far as I can guess, the Pat's are allowing him to seek a trade simply to prove to Branch that their offer is more then fair and he WON'T be offered the kind of money he wants my anyone else.

I really think they have no intention of letting him go unless another team is crazy enough to pony up a ridiculous set of pics or players for him.

i wonder if it is true, if it is a shot fired so he will know what he is facing if he gets franchised next year. another way to make signing and playing this year to look a lot better.

So...If the article is correct.... The Pats FO is saying Branch is worth two number one picks. Yet they won't pay him number one money.

Doesn't make a lick of sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey