Welcome to PatsFans.com

1st and 10: Late Hit on Tom Brady is the key for the chargers.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by ddotderek, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ddotderek

ddotderek Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

anybody watching 1st and 10? they are saying that the chargers need to do a bunch of "late hits" on Brady and knock him out of the game, make the backup quarterback have to come in" it wasnt skip bayless, or greg anthony..it was some other black dude with a beard, dont know his name..but they are saying that the chargers should take the 15yd penalties over and over and have Merriman knock him out of the game..are they actually serious?

2. Nordy

Nordy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ESPN lost its credibility a long time ago.

3. Fixit

Fixit In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +187 / 3 / -2

This has been the only consistently talked-about "blueprint" this season. Talking about cheap-hitting the other team's QB in order to beat them really makes me proud to be a football fan.

4. Satchboogie3

Satchboogie3 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

WOW. I wonder what Goodell woud do if they made it obvious they were going to break the rules over and over in attempt to injury Brady.

5. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

No they're not serious. They are never serious. The whole point of that show is to say the most outrageous thing you can. I also always felt that the Von Oelhoffen hit on Palmer was a total accident, but Skip Brainless is now trying to make it seem like it was intentional and that's what the Chargers should do. He also said that the Steelers only got to and won the SB because of that which is just dumb.

6. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +715 / 6 / -2

#95 Jersey

i was watching when they said that too....people on that show are idiots

7. slymer

slymer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's horrible that sports talk has come to this. The majority of these talking heads are complete idiots.

8. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If SD comes out blitzing like no tomorrow, Brady will 3-step-drop all day and slice them up with the short passing game or screens. I would prefer that type of passing game on a day like Sunday anyways.

9. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 0 / -3

It's Rob Parker from a Detroit newspaper.

I find it a bit ironic that he's suggesting San Diego injure Brady, and then in the very next segment he's being all righteous in the Golfweek - Tiger Woods - lynching magazine cover controversy.

10. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

I have always believed the Von Oelhoffen hit was dirty. The reason is that in the previous Cinci Pitt matchup, a devastating home loss for the Steelers which gave the division to Cinci, currently suspended MLB Odell Thurman hit Ben low, late and dirty and forced him to miss a few games with a knee problem. Pittsburgh has a long history of dirty hits on Qbs under Cowher, with Greg LLoyd a principle culprit. Also remember the low hit on brady in the 2001 AFCCG. I feel strongly, knowing the way Pittsburgh historically played under Cowher, the bada$$ culture in that locker room, the Pittsburgh culture established by Lambert et.al. of nasty dirty defensive football, and the late hit by Thurman, that hitting Palmer low as retaliation was in the minds of many Pittsburgh players, an example of eye for eye on-field justice Steeler style.

Cowher probably only had to show a video of the Thurman hit to his team a few times, say nothing, and sit down for the message to get out and plausible deniability to rule the day. I also feel that people who believe that hit was an accident are very naive. it was no accident that the Competition committee changed the "roughing the QB" rules that offseason, in part to put a halt to an escalating Hatfield McCoy vendetta between those teams.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  11. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I didn't hear him suggest that they injure Brady, I heard Skip say that. Also, those two issues are apples and oranges. Call it PC if you want but what the golf magazine did was totally clueless, and the issue is the racial provocation not the actual threat of violence suggested by the noose or the word "lynch"

Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  12. ddotderek

ddotderek Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i just dont understand how espn can allow them to say stuff like that, wouldnt it be a ***** if something like that did happen?

13. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +53 / 1 / -4

Huh were you listening? Rob Parker said, go ahead and take the 15 yard late hit penalties. Do what you have to do to knock Brady out of the game. If that's not encouraging hurting your opponent's QB to get an advantage, I don't know what is.

14. neuronet

neuronet In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +11 / 2 / -0

#87 Jersey

That is really, really f*cked up. Chargers would still lose, and even if they won their players would probably end up suspended.

15. taltos

taltos Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Parker most certainly did say to hit Brady late until he was out of the game. Yesterday he called Tiger a disgrace because he did not flip out over the lynching comment. He might be the worst that I have ever seen on ESPN.

16. The-Beast

The-Beast Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You can't say it wouldn't be an effective strategy.

15 yards and a possible ejection for a Jyles Tucker to give your team a good edge to possibly go to the superbowl.

17. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

Ok, I guess I misheard then. But Skip was the one who brought up Von Oelhoffen and say they should go for his knees, which is different than suggesting being more physical and maybe taking some late hits to try and rattle Brady (yeah right). Anyway, I don't think that either one of these guys are saying what they really think, they're just trying to be outrageous so it's silly to give them this much thought.

18. Haterproof

Haterproof Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Talk about classless.That was totally uncalled for.I pray for an injury free football game on Sunday.Its only a game people.

19. marty

marty In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Given the Page 2 writeup on taking out Kevin Garnets knee's, I'd say that ESPN is bordering on MUST NOT SEE TV!!!!:mad:

20. primetime

primetime Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +349 / 24 / -22

#18 Jersey

The Von Oelhoffen hit was a little questionable because it was so low, but I don't think Kimo thought "oh, I think I'll destroy Carson Palmer's knee on this play so we have a chance."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.