Welcome to PatsFans.com

1985 AFC Title Game on YouTube for Hardcore Pats fans

Discussion in 'New Member's Area' started by loxienouis, Jul 29, 2010.

1. loxienouis

loxienouis Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I found a copy of the most famous game in New England Patriots history before 2001. I sliced it into 19 pieces, edited out the commercials(save one) and posted them on youtube. The quality gets a grade of C, and the 2nd half is about a D+(it gets choppy :eek:).

So for you die-hard fans especially age 30 and over. Here is an old, small diamond in the rough from 'Patriots past'. Remember the late Mosi Tatupu?

I have double-digit numbered them from 01 to 19. Looks like the links are posted in order on the side....except for the last 2.

Part 1:
    YouTube - 1985 afc title game 01 Patriots at Dolphins

Part 18:
    YouTube - 1985 afc title game 18

Part 19:
    YouTube - 1985 afc title game 19

If anybody wants the real full vid. PM me and we'll can chat about it.

If a moderator wants to squash this thread or promote it to a different thread I will understand either way.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I watched a few parts yesterday when I had some down time. Really awesome to watch. I was born in 1985 so I was obviously too young to experience this great year so it's fun to see. I'm going to watch the rest this weekend. Thanks for posting.
  3. Rascus

Rascus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow what a Diamond it is! I know you said the quality gets bad...but no matter I'm for sure gonna be checking it out. Would love to have a HD copy for my Sony set-up but if only I had thought about it back then I'd have recorded the game.I can remember watching it though, the 1st and long awaited Championship!! I thank you very much for sharing.

Rascus
  4. Off The Grid

Off The Grid On the Roster

Ratings:
    +285 / 5 / -0

#3 Jersey

Heh!! That WAS, by FAR, my best Pre-Imperial memory as a Pats fan!! The Curse of Miami died a VIOLENT death, that day!!

Better than destroying the Raiders in 1976, and better than beating the Jags to get to the Super Bowl ~ though Parcells dedicating that game to Sam Gash was IMMENSE!!

I was actually stationed in Mainz at the time, watching the game in a little side room at the PathFinder...and when Marino scored in the 4th to cut it to 24-14, some Fish Fan in the room starting making noise about "Here comes Marino!!"

I just laughed in his face. We KNEW. As Brian Holloway said: "We have some Magic."

It was worth EVERY bruise The Greatest Team Ever put on us, two weeks later. :cool:

SQUISH...the FISH.
  5. Al_Keane

Al_Keane Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

nice thanks
  6. sarge

sarge Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

5 years later I was stationed up the road in Weisbaden at Camp Perrie.

I actually put that game on DVD. My uncle found it a few years back on VHS and I tranfered it over. Quality really sucks but it is still good enough. Really enjoyed that game.