PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

19-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With last night's win, the Patriots are now 19-0 regular season in their last 2nd half season games, dating back to 2010.

8-0 2010

8-0 2011

3-0 2012

*****Now, the goal is to be 3-0 or 4-0 in the POST-season!

Personally, my goals are to (1) make the playoffs (seems pretty much done), (2) make the playoffs healthy, and (3) make the playoffs peaking at the right time (seems like the team is beginning to hit another gear). Anything else in the regular season is secondary (pun partly intended).

But it's still pretty cool. If the Pats do run the table the rest of this season, I wonder if any team has ever had 3 consecutive seasons going 8-0 the second half of the season? Given that BB always talks about the real season starting after Thanksgiving, that would be an amazing indication of how adept BB is at getting the team focused and tuned up.

Personally, my goals are to (1) make the playoffs (seems pretty much done), (2) make the playoffs healthy, and (3) make the playoffs peaking at the right time (seems like the team is beginning to hit another gear). Anything else in the regular season is secondary (pun partly intended).

But it's still pretty cool. If the Pats do run the table the rest of this season, I wonder if any team has ever had 3 consecutive seasons going 8-0 the second half of the season? Given that BB always talks about the real season starting after Thanksgiving, that would be an amazing indication of how adept BB is at getting the team focused and tuned up.

This (undefeated in half a season) is a rather obscure (not obvious in record books or tracked clearly) stat; so (to me) pretty irrelevant although it says a lot about BB's preparation. Not terribly concerned one way or the other.

That said; I thought they showed a table on broadcast last night about teams that went undefeated in last 8 gms and there were only about 10-12 and 2-4 of them were Pats teams. (not sure if that was over modern era, last decade, or since 16 game season) So I think it is likely they are already alone with back-backs, and safe to say it would be a record to do it back-back-back.

That said; I thought they showed a table on broadcast last night about teams that went undefeated in last 8 gms and there were only about 10-12 and 2-4 of them were Pats teams. (not sure if that was over modern era, last decade, or since 16 game season) So I think it is likely they are already alone with back-backs, and safe to say it would be a record to do it back-back-back.

I didn't see the graphic but off the top of my head the Pats teams on '03,'07, '10 and '11 all won the last 8 games of the regular season....That's 4 right there...

I like your posts, but this title is cruel.

Didn't someone once say, "it is how we play in November and December"????

With last night's win, the Patriots are now 19-0 regular season in their last 2nd half season games, dating back to 2010.

8-0 2010

8-0 2011

3-0 2012

*****Now, the goal is to be 3-0 or 4-0 in the POST-season!

Yeah I brought this up in the 'we won't run the table, lower your expectations' thread. Cool stat.

This (undefeated in half a season) is a rather obscure (not obvious in record books or tracked clearly) stat; so (to me) pretty relevant . . .

Fixed that typo for 'ya

Last edited:
As long as they make the playoffs and win their last game, I'm fine.:)

Winning the division at 10-6 would be just fine if we get the SB... get the SB, everything else is less important.

The pats seems to be very injury prone right now. I think injuries will be the deciding factor in the two tough games we have left (texans and 49ers) and in the playoffs.

Since 2000, 9 teams have ended the regular season with 8 straight wins. The Pats have 4 of them: 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2011.

Since the start of the 16-game season, it has happened 16 times, and never back to back, much less three in a row. The 06 and 09 Chargers did it, as did the 84 and 92 49ers. Other than those two and the Pats, no other team has done it more than once.

Belichick has actually done it 5 times as a coach, if you count the 1986 Giants season when he was the DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes