PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

19-0!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
The NFL doesn't need anything, the sport is at an all-time high for popularity and has surpassed baseball as the nations pastime.

As far as 19-0, it could happen and so could 9-7. That is the beauty of how competition throughout the league.

One more sleep to football, one more sleep to football, one more sleep to football, one more sleep to football......

Last edited:
I like the hate and vitrol in the "comments" :rolleyes:

I'd love to see it. Doubt it will happen. Doubt people would re-embrace the Patriots. It's one thing to see a feel-good team win it all, as we did in 2001. It's altogether another to continueally mystify the rest of the league with our genious, and man does it piss them off. :rocker:

None-the-less, Eff' the rest of em'...I hope take it all. Long way to go before we talk about that though.

good find, bad title. I almost dismissed this thread as something you'd find on a Jets board. It was an interesting article, almost as interesting as the comments below. ;)

As usual, the best part of these type of articles are the whiny comments by fans that accompany them. LOL.

eh, decent article. an undefeated NE run would make great press. the NFL doesn't need it the way other sports may need a big story, but it wouldn't hurt.

the NE hate intrigues me. It's undeniable that it grew a lot around the same time espn (and the mainstream media, but it's easier to just say espn) turned against them. did espn adapt to the trend in fan feelings, or did fans adapt to espn's negative portrayal? I have a feeling it's a bit of both, where the irrational hardcores will continue to hate NE but the more casual fans could see their perception of NE changed if positive portrayals started flooding the airwaves.

it's not happening anyway. there are just too many good teams out there, and sweeping the division is always very difficult. The farther we get from that run in '03-'04 makes me appreciate it a little more. That was one of the greatest all-time accomplishments and I bet few fans outside of NE realize it.

13-3 home field and #4.

Last edited:
I was going to bash the thread thinking it was another retarted prediction...19-0 thinking is just pure stupidity....never going to happen in our lifetime unless the 31 other teams become horrible teams.

If we're 14-0 Belichick rests the starters and the Pats lose game 15 or 16. So unfortunately not going to happen.

Well say what you want, I honestly think we have a good chance at 19-0.

2001 was about gaining respect
2003 was about proving it wasn't a fluke
2004 was about becoming a dynasty

This year is about laying claim to being the best team of all time, and there's only one way to do that. They won 21 in a row, 19 wouldn't shock me at all.

Last edited:
From the article...
>>>>Belichick's game plans for Super Bowls XXV (when he was defensive coordinator for the New York Giants ) and XXVI are in the Hall of Fame. <<<

I assume he meant XXXVI (Rams) and not XXVI (Wash-Buf)

Must have. In the season before Super Bowl XXVI, the Giants fell flat on their face with a 6-10 record, or something.

Well say what you want, I honestly think we have a good chance at 19-0.

2001 was about gaining respect
2003 was about proving it wasn't a fluke
2004 was about becoming a dynasty

This year is about laying claim to being the best team of all time, and there's only one way to do that. They won 21 in a row, 19 wouldn't shock me at all.

No chance at 19-0. To be honest, I'll be happy if they are 2-0 heading into week 3.

I would love it..but..it's one week at a time..and HARDLY the type of thing I wish to see someone writing about..
Anyone know the writer's background?
Not sure it would help the NFL though..really and I think the NFL (Parity league pushing) would hate it. I have no problem with wishing for that..and in an ideal world it may..BUT when so many GMS and coaches miss the boat..the cream rises.
But I would love to see those 72 Fins lose it..THAt would be great...but honestly I just wish to see FOUR!! Going for 19..is just too hard... difficult week after week..and every team will be going for them..Wish it could..BUT..not happening.

The way I look at it the Denver Broncos in the late 90s had a GREAT team
" " the Dallas Cowboys in the mid 90s had a GREAT team
" " the San Francisco 49ers in the 80s were a GREAT team
" " the Pittsburgh Steelers in the mid/late 70s were GREAT
" " the Chicago Bears in 1985 were an AWESOME team

This team appears to be an extremely good talented team.. But a better team than those above? - I am not so sure about that.

And even the best any of these teams could do is 18-1 and that was even with the luxury of no cap issues to worry about like we do today and all of those teams stayed pretty much intact.

The 1972 Dolphins record may NEVER be broken in our lifetime and I would be more than thrilled to see this years team be 15-4 or 16-3 at best in 2007

Last edited:
The Pats have as good if not better a chance to go 19-0 than any team ever has... but as fans and as an organization I think it's recognized that the Perfect Season is not the type of expectation you ever walk into a season with. Sure a team tries to win every game, but a SB ring is the true goal, and the Perfect Season puts too much focus on the regular season and not enough on the "real" season once the playoffs start.

We should look back to last year to remind ourselves of the mantra "we just need to make the playoffs - and peak in the post-season" that we continuously told ourselves when we recognized the 2006 team had some major flaws.

Unfortunately those flaws again came exposed in the post-season, exacerbated by the lack of home field advantage and a bye.

So I guess the mantra this year should be to secure the bye and homefield advantage, and just keep any other expectations out of mind and out of sight. That will be tough to do should they get off on a winning streak, but in my opinion, the pressure for the perfect season can only detract from the ultimate goal of winning the SB.

My hope would be that should the team "threaten" to have a perfect season late in the regular season, the team and coaches completely ignore that and keep their game and personnel plans focused on being healthy for the playoffs.

19-0 sounds good to me...wouldnt that be amazing....seriously though I don't see why this team doesnt have a chance but ild be happy with 14-2 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes