PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

19-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ do you think Coughlin was with Belichick enough to get in his head?

Of course, that works both ways.

I honestly believe that it was a tough, defensive game that saw one team take advantage of some good fortune, while they were able to make a very crucial 3rd down conversion with the "helmet catch."

I think that we could have seen that happen at any point in the 2007 season, as there were some close victories. Unfortunately, the Pats luck ran out at the wrong time. I honestly think it was just as simple as that.

I also believe that the gap wasn't necessarily as large as some would believe in terms of the talent with those 2 teams, and I think we saw that in the regular season finale when the Giants were winning by 10 pts at the end of the 3rd/beginning of the 4th quarter. Sometimes (often times, actually) it's not just about the record, and I think this was a prime example of that.

Some feel as though the pressure got to them as well, as it continued to build from about week 10 on. While that is probably true on some level, I just think it was a highly contested game that came down to a key play or two at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes