PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

18 in a row is not the record anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 18 in a row is not the record anymore.....

I know it blows that we lost the Super Bowl but all this other "fluff" is serious resume building stuff for 20 years from now when we look back at this team. Nothing can possibly replace what could have been 19-0 but this is still really cool stuff - and the 19 in a row should easily get to 23 before the tough game at SD.

I know it blows that we lost the Super Bowl but all this other "fluff" is serious resume building stuff for 20 years from now when we look back at this team. Nothing can possibly replace what could have been 19-0 but this is still really cool stuff - and the 19 in a row should easily get to 23 before the tough game at SD.

except the SD game isnt going to be tough.

except the SD game isnt going to be tough.

That's a somewhat arrogant statement. San Diego is/will be a top 3 NFL team.

nope, they suck

Those teams in the 1920s had some hell of a defense.

Also, we win every road game and we tie the 49ers' mark.

Not even top 5.

NE
IND
DAL
PIT
NYG
MIN
SD

Not even top 5.

NE
IND
DAL
PIT
NYG
MIN
SD

Name a single position that Minnesota has an advantage over San Diego or the Giants in. Did Pittsburgh or Dallas make it to the AFCCG or the NFCCG last year? Did Indy lose to the Chargers twice? What is this based on?

Last edited:

Pretty impressive when you look at last season this way..

Name a single position that Minnesota has an advantage over San Diego or the Giants in. Did Pittsburgh or Dallas make it to the AFCCG or the NFCCG last year? Did Indy lose to the Chargers twice? What is this based on?

Peterson.

LT is done, what is he like 60 years old in RB years? and The Giants were a fluke.

What happened last year was last year, after all, the Vikings did manhandle the Chargers in 2007. I don't agree that the Chargers suck or that it won't be a tough game, but by no means are they absolutely one of the best three teams in the league.

Minnesota has Peterson and Chester Taylor, compared to Ladainian and... Darren Sproles? Jacob Hester? I'll take the first two over LdT and either of his backups. The Vikings have better DTs. I'd take Allen over Merriman as a pass rusher - but that's more personal preference. The Vikings have a better LG and probably the better offensive line as a whole.

But all that is pointless - we're talking about the team as a whole and it's all speculation at this point certainly not something to argue as if they are absolutes.

And they also had 21 Games Without Defeat this decade. The top 3 in that category made their records before my father was even born or during WWII.

I disagree with Peterson having surpassed LdT already. I mean, Peterson hasn't even played a full season yet, and while he may have ben outstanding in the time he did play, he could turn out to be made of glass, like Maroney:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back