Welcome to PatsFans.com

18,000 more to unemployment - MERGED

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Triumph, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +170 / 35 / -13

#32 Jersey

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

Re: 18,000 more to unemployment.

Just one of the many "funny" things about this board is when a member accuses a poster of news like this as being a "Doom & Gloomer".

We are SUPPOSED to be aware of and discuss negative economic news....for most members, it is THE most important topic we could possibly discuss.

Regarding Hostess....funny that the workers went out on strike thinking Hostess was bluffing....now they're all out of jobs.

Note to unions....sometimes you have no choice but to concede or be out of work.

D&G
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

Oh my god a junk food maker is going down the drain, perhaps people are getting more intelligent about the crap they put into their bodies..

From the glass is half full crowd.. but somehow the "ain't it awful crowd" will find fault in this good news..

Automakers Bet on Pickup Surge - ABC News

4. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

Economy in death spiral over Obama re up. Unemployment soars.
  5. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +322 / 4 / -9

18,000 jobs is 18,000 jobs

I guess it's different when your hero is saving the worst carmaker in the world
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 9 / -26

This is just a union busting activity, to add to their bottom line, they will whine and bytch mightily, but in reality you will get your twinkies and wonder bread... the same management team that drove them into the ground will reemerge as a different company..

What they want to take away.. keep squeezing the 99%.. rotten bastards..

For those who want to make some money go out and buy a few cases, and in twenty years they will still be edible and twinkie addicts can get their fix..

[​IMG]
  7. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -1

But no, unions shouldn't ever strike ever!
  8. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

All due to Obamas scorched earth policies.
  9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

PUBLIC corporations MUST earn higher profits every single year. That is just a fact.

They have no choice but to fulfill their obligations to their share holders while you seem to believe they can do "what is right" by their employees. If they did that, they'd go bankrupt very quickly.

Now if they were a private company, then you'd have a point.

I'd LOVE to see Hostess employees get what they want. But it's up to them to take action...not anyone else's responsibility but theirs. So they DID take action but didn't get what they wanted, did they?
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +496 / 2 / -9

Your America is going to change drastically in the next four years (if there is no impeachment)
    Good Luck
  11. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Those people will find better jobs in the long term, on the brighter side of things, people are gonna start loosing weight!:D

I'm with the union on this one, its just more of the same from the top 1-5%, cut everything as much as you can, offer as little as you can, pay as little as you can and in the end the stock will go up .02 cents.

The best thing about American, is in a few years another company will start up and start selling twinkies this will all be forgotten, every business is replaceable....

None of this would of happend, if management in hostess wasn't ran by apes....In the end the little guy pays for the mistakes of their bosses.
  12. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -1

Scorched earth is trying to make Obama a one term president your primary goal above all
  13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm sure the 18,000 people who are now unemployed appreciate your attitude towards the matter.

Another example of liberal compassion, I guess.
  14. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +181 / 7 / -24

This is just another example of why over the years unions are declining in the private sector (except in captive indutries) and can only function in non-competitive environments like the public sector.

Unions are like a virus or parasite that eventually kills its host. The sad thing is that unions never learn. Much the same as the takers in our society who think that the rich owe them anything for being successful.
  15. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +170 / 35 / -13

#32 Jersey

Democrats hate the truth.

They want everyone to believe that Obama is turning the economy around.
  16. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Triumph, don't make me laugh it goes both ways....ignorance isn't confined to a party or a political view, its varies from person to person.

Well don't you? Don't you want things to be better? Or are you so selfish that you want us to do bad so people like you can be right?

Dude, if Romney would of gotten elected I would of wanted him to succeed, I don't like the man but I love my country...Jesus, this is why things are so bad in the USA, you care more about yourself then your country.

You put party infront of people, you wage war on the poor instead of a war on poverty, this isn't about Obama, this is about us all working together for the greater good!

Either get on the same team, or GTFO! This isn't about me or you, this is about all of us! No matter what party rules, we need to work together and solve our problems. If Obama's way doesn't work, you live and you learn and you get back up and try something else.
  17. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Funny but c'mon man. Both parties are the same, they both hate to admit defeat or the truth.

The same can be said about Romney and his "Obama won by giving out free gifts" spaz when he knows his campaign, all in all, sucked. Republicans have forgotten how to connect with people and it shows through the remarks and continous gaffes. They also never admit when the truth.

This is coming from someone who voted for Romney but I also understand that both sides have their faults, you can't play that game.
  18. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +307 / 3 / -13

Everyone WANTS the ecoomy to improve. But you don't only look at the positives or even think positive just because we want it to improve.

You, me....everyone should look at it objectively and be honest about it. And if reports seem shaky, we should question them all the time.

I'd have to be an A-#1 DOPE to just believe the economy is getting better just because that's what I want. Wouldn't you agree?

Also, it is far more important for us to save our middle class than to wage war on poverty. If the middle class dies, then we'll have plenty more poor people.
  19. Ilikehappyppl

Ilikehappyppl Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Really? You could of fooled me by your post history! lol....w/e

Right, and you just don't look at the negative either.....:bricks:

Practice what you preach PR...:cool:

Well of course, I never said you should just blindly follow the words of others...

But see it is getting better, unemployment is down, jobs are up stock market is up, housing is up....What more do you want, a big box with a bow on it, that says we are doing better? lol...

No its not, we need to take care of our poor and get them educated because if they do that, they can become middle class. We don't need to save the middle class we need to empower them! We need to get more people out of poverty and more people making a fair wage.

You can't build a house without a foundation PR....:bricks:
  20. Triumph

Triumph Rookie

Ratings:
    +170 / 35 / -13

#32 Jersey