PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

18-0; and the Disprespect Card is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
*sigh*

Did the Patriots play any better in the playoffs than they did all season?

Did the Giants play better in the playoffs than they did all season?

The team that elevates their play in the postseason is normally the team with more momentum.

Yep, the PATS did play better in the playoffs: they played the best defenses and outplayed them: had 21 points and just KEPT THE BALL OFFENSIVELY IN THE LAST 9 minutes and 13 seconds of the game!(and easily could of scored another TD if they wanted or needed to) The defense stopped one team ALL game in the red zone only allowing FGs = no TDs allowed the entire game.
That's more impressive to me than what the Gmen did.

Wow. You don't have Watson's IQ. Your IQ is Watson's Wonderlic score.

You claimed that the Giants have the same chance against the Patriots as a team full of school girls has against the Giants. Even as a fellow Patriots fan, I'm not going to defend that kind of "logic". You can hurl all the insults you want, it won't excuse senseless homerism.

I agree wholeheartedly that the Patriots have an overwhelming advantage in this game, but you've brought nothing new to the discussion other than "oh, giants are lucky!"

The NFL Champions Giants played college teams then and defeated them look it up. My signature is one of pride for all the great Giants teams. No one is hanging on to the past. The Giants don't even have one banner or retired number displayed in the stadium. I have it in my signature because I enjoy all aspects of the Giants past and present. If it makes you feel better to be rude... enjoy it. I was trying to be pleasant and have a discussion.

Unfortunately for YOU, your sig is factually INCORRECT. Those early titles were not called WORLD TITLES at all. They were just championships.

As for the 1943 game, it was NOT a wild card game. It was a TIE BREAKER game because the Washington Redskins and the NY Giants finished with the same record. The same with 1950. It was a Tie Breaker game. NOT a Wild Card game.

I have no problem with you loving your team, but being an idiot and putting in all the MEANINGLESS garbage takes away from the true significance.

The only titles that mean anything are Conference Titles and League Titles.

Last edited:
*sigh*

Did the Patriots play any better in the playoffs than they did all season?

Did the Giants play better in the playoffs than they did all season?

This is an invalid comparison. Momentum isn't about how you PLAY, its about the RESULTS.

The team that elevates their play in the postseason is normally the team with more momentum.

Too bad the Giants really haven't ELEVATED their play. Sorry, but they haven't. They are playing no better than they did at any time during the year. In fact, one could say that they've played worse than they did in their last game of the season.

Now, if you think that the Pats haven't elevated their play in the aspects of the games that they've used, then you haven't been watching a damn thing. The running game is much better now than it was during much of the season. Its been elevated.

Also, contrary to Dragda, MOST pundits are picking the Giants in an Upset. Its been a running joke on the board about how many pundits have picked them. VERY VERY FEW have actually said that the Pats would win. And most, when they did say the Pats would win, they said it would be a very close game.

Something for people on the Giants Bandwagon to consider. During the warmer games, the Pats scored an average of 41.1 PPG. In the colder/inclement weather games, the Pats scored an average of 28.75 points a game. For Gameday, its supposed to be around 50 and I'll guarantee the dome will be shut. So, that favors the Pats.

And its being totally overlooked by MANY people.

Last edited:
Unfortunately for YOU, your sig is factually INCORRECT. Those early titles were not called WORLD TITLES at all. They were just championships.

As for the 1943 game, it was NOT a wild card game. It was a TIE BREAKER game because the Washington Redskins and the NY Giants finished with the same record. The same with 1950. It was a Tie Breaker game. NOT a Wild Card game.

I have no problem with you loving your team, but being an idiot and putting in all the MEANINGLESS garbage takes away from the true significance.

The only titles that mean anything are Conference Titles and League Titles.

I never said 1943 and 1950 were a wild card game. It was a playoff appearence. The Giants were setting the stage for the early NFL while your team didn't exist. The Giants helped make revenue sharing happen. That is another reason why your team exists. The Mara's weren't selfish owners. They believed that the NFL was first than the Giants. The Giants were vital to the success of the league. The early championships count. Ask any team that won them. You can't discount their efforts. That is like saying the 1918 Red Sox don't count. You are a moron. The reason I say that is because you insulted me. I am not an idiot. The quote saying the only thing that means something to you is league titles and conference titles is your opinion. I am celebrating all the good, great and bad teams. Don't forget where your coach came from and who he still adores. THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

See this link for proof:
http://www.giants.com/history/ChampionshipGames.html

Last edited:
This is an invalid comparison. Momentum isn't about how you PLAY, its about the RESULTS.

Too bad the Giants really haven't ELEVATED their play. Sorry, but they haven't. They are playing no better than they did at any time during the year. In fact, one could say that they've played worse than they did in their last game of the season.

Now, if you think that the Pats haven't elevated their play in the aspects of the games that they've used, then you haven't been watching a damn thing. The running game is much better now than it was during much of the season. Its been elevated.

Also, contrary to Dragda, MOST pundits are picking the Giants in an Upset. Its been a running joke on the board about how many pundits have picked them. VERY VERY FEW have actually said that the Pats would win. And most, when they did say the Pats would win, they said it would be a very close game.

Something for people on the Giants Bandwagon to consider. During the warmer games, the Pats scored an average of 41.1 PPG. In the colder/inclement weather games, the Pats scored an average of 28.75 points a game. For Gameday, its supposed to be around 50 and I'll guarantee the dome will be shut. So, that favors the Pats.

And its being totally overlooked by MANY people.

We'll see. I guess trying to have a conversation with people who only see one side is pretty hard. I am not here to change you arrogance. I was hoping for good conversation. I guess it is not possible.

That's why I'm a Patriots fan, not a player. I get to say it when I think it. Well, maybe there are other reasons I'm not a Patriots player: old, slow, flabby, etc.

Hey, we'll find out Sunday if the Giants belong. If they lose by one score or less, I'll give them props. If they lose by two or more scores, I'll expect the guy with the long sig to say that today's Giants just aren't as good as that 1888 or whenever team he is so proud of.

The teams that play in the Super Bowl are Super Bowl teams I hate to brake it to you. Don't be jealous because the Giants have tradition and the Pats don't.

I never said 1943 and 1950 were a wild card game. It was a playoff appearence. The Giants were setting the stage for the early NFL while your team didn't exist. The Giants helped make revenue sharing happen. That is another reason why your team exists. The Mara's weren't selfish owners. They believed that the NFL was first than the Giants. The Giants were vital to the success of the league. The early championships count. Ask any team that won them. You can't discount their efforts. That is like saying the 1918 Red Sox don't count. You are a moron. The reason I say that is because you insulted me. I am not an idiot. The quote saying the only thing that means something to you is league titles and conference titles is your opinion. I am celebrating all the good, great and bad teams. Don't forget where your coach came from and who he still adores. THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS.

See this link for proof:
http://www.giants.com/history/ChampionshipGames.html

WOW.. You have a real issue with reading comprehension. I didn't insult you. I gave a factual opinion of you. YOU, sir, are an idiot. I never said that the GIANTS didn't matter. I said that talking about "play-off" appearances didn't matter.

BTW, I know where my coach came from. He started with the Baltimore Colts and Ted Marchibroda. NOT the Giants. Again, you don't have your facts straight.

OH, btw, you don't celebrate the bad because you conveniently ignore the bad with your sig. But you clearly can't be bothered to know what you are talking about. It must come from your lack of reading comprehension.

We'll see. I guess trying to have a conversation with people who only see one side is pretty hard. I am not here to change you arrogance. I was hoping for good conversation. I guess it is not possible.

There is no arrogance. That is the problem with ignorant people like yourself. You weren't here to have a conversation. You were here to troll. Plain and simple.

I see reality. Unlike yourself. Your pathetic claim that I only see one side is laughable. But, you've already proven how stupid you are. So I am not surprised to get another idiotic comment from you.

You are right about one thing. Its impossible to have a good conversation with you. Since you are a troll and even more guilty of "only seeing one side" than anyone on this board.

Plenty of people around here would be willing to have a discussion with you. I've had discussions with plenty of Giants fans so far this week, some good some bad.

You've got to be able to see the other side too. I for one am willing to concede the Giants have a chance this week, but what no Giants fan yet has had the stones to do is acknowledge the vast disparity in talent between the two teams playing this Sunday.

I have plenty of nice things to say about the Giants, and others not so nice.

Plenty of people around here would be willing to have a discussion with you. I've had discussions with plenty of Giants fans so far this week, some good some bad.

You've got to be able to see the other side too. I for one am willing to concede the Giants have a chance this week, but what no Giants fan yet has had the stones to do is acknowledge the vast disparity in talent between the two teams playing this Sunday.

I have plenty of nice things to say about the Giants, and others not so nice.

I know the Patriots are good... Who doesn't think that? I think some of your posters are real disrespectful.

There is no arrogance. That is the problem with ignorant people like yourself. You weren't here to have a conversation. You were here to troll. Plain and simple.

I see reality. Unlike yourself. Your pathetic claim that I only see one side is laughable. But, you've already proven how stupid you are. So I am not surprised to get another idiotic comment from you.

You are right about one thing. Its impossible to have a good conversation with you. Since you are a troll and even more guilty of "only seeing one side" than anyone on this board.

That is not true. You can have a great conversation with me. Calling someone ignorant is rude. That is the only ignorance proven here. I think you guys have a fantastic team to root for and should be proud... at the same time you don't have to belittle your team's competition and fan base.

WOW.. You have a real issue with reading comprehension. I didn't insult you. I gave a factual opinion of you. YOU, sir, are an idiot. I never said that the GIANTS didn't matter. I said that talking about "play-off" appearances didn't matter.

BTW, I know where my coach came from. He started with the Baltimore Colts and Ted Marchibroda. NOT the Giants. Again, you don't have your facts straight.

OH, btw, you don't celebrate the bad because you conveniently ignore the bad with your sig. But you clearly can't be bothered to know what you are talking about. It must come from your lack of reading comprehension.

I do celebrate that bad... some of my favorite Giants team didn't sniff the playoffs. 94, 98, and 88. In case you didn't realize your coach once coached the giants.

I know the Patriots are good... Who doesn't think that? I think some of your posters are real disrespectful.

I think some of them are too, but there are plenty of disrespectful Giants fan as well. People in general, I guess, particularly on the internet. Hell, one of our own fans called me a moron a few pages earlier for disagreeing with his notion that the Giants have about as much chance against the Pats as a team of little girls would have against the Giants.

If you're trying to find a Pats fan to admit that the Giants are a good team and deserve to be where they are, I'll gladly say so. Whether we like it or not, they beat the NFC's best to get to the SB, they earned every inch of it.

That doesn't change my earlier assertion that the Giants are one of the worst statistical Super Bowl teams of all time. But that doesn't mean at all that I think they have no shot against the Pats.

I think some of them are too, but there are plenty of disrespectful Giants fan as well. People in general, I guess, particularly on the internet. Hell, one of our own fans called me a moron a few pages earlier for disagreeing with his notion that the Giants have about as much chance against the Pats as a team of little girls would have against the Giants.

If you're trying to find a Pats fan to admit that the Giants are a good team and deserve to be where they are, I'll gladly say so. Whether we like it or not, they beat the NFC's best to get to the SB, they earned every inch of it.

That doesn't change my earlier assertion that the Giants are one of the worst statistical Super Bowl teams of all time. But that doesn't mean at all that I think they have no shot against the Pats.

Thanks for being kind... Enjoy the Super Bowl! I think the Giants and Pats will be one of the better ones. You never know, but the Pats always play exciting Super Bowls.

I had this same Championship Game argument with an Otto Graham fan who claimed Graham was better than Brady because he was in the Championship Game all 10 years.

Well back then getting to the Championship Game consisted of winning a 5 or 6 (depending on the year) team division. That's it. Then winning the Championship consisted of one game against the other winner. Give me a break; those don't come close to counting compared to what they have to do now where you have to win 3 or 4 playoff games vs. 1.

Thanks for being kind... Enjoy the Super Bowl! I think the Giants and Pats will be one of the better ones. You never know, but the Pats always play exciting Super Bowls.

It's not just being kind really. I just don't think it makes any sense for people to be bullish about it, and call anyone who thinks the Giants have even a snowball's chance in hell a moron (particularly if they're a Pats fan, like me!)

I personally think the game is more likely to be a blowout than a close game, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was close. I'm leaning right now towards a game similar to the ones the Patriots have played the last two weeks, winning by 2 scores but not two touchdowns, so something in the 9-13 point range.

I had this same Championship Game argument with an Otto Graham fan who claimed Graham was better than Brady because he was in the Championship Game all 10 years.

Well back then getting to the Championship Game consisted of winning a 5 or 6 (depending on the year) team division. That's it. Then winning the Championship consisted of one game against the other winner. Give me a break; those don't come close to counting compared to what they have to do now where you have to win 3 or 4 playoff games vs. 1.

It is not their fault that the criteria to win a title changes. They accomplished the goal that was set. Using this criteria every team in baseball should not count the championship until the first year of the wild card in the 90's. We should also discount any team that won the NBA Finals before the First Round became best of 7. We should also discount any team that won the Super Bowl before the extra wild card teams were added to the playoffs in 89 or 90.

Last edited:
It is not their fault that the criteria to win a title changes. They accomplished the goal that was set.

In case your curious about the "one of the worst statistical SB teams of all time" allusion I made, here's the article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3210952

Aaron Schatz is the founder of Football Outsiders, and I think gives a great breakdown of the challenge the Giants face, while acknowledging like I do that they still have a shot.

It is not their fault that the criteria to win a title changes. They accomplished the goal that was set.

Remember to mention that to your fellow Giants fans when they tell you the Patriots 18-0 isn't as impressive because they played in the AFC East. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back