PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

18-0; and the Disprespect Card is back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giants lost 5 at home (3-5) and on the road they're 10-1 including playoffs. The Giants have had a good run. I still would rather be 18-0. I am a Giants fan and I will admit that. The Giants have no more momentum than the Pats. They both have had two weeks off. Momentum is only as good as your last game. It will be a great contest. I expect a well played game and hopegfully the Giants win.

I will give the Gmen this: winning the close ones in the playoffs (Dall & GB games) the way they did really helps a team's confidence in their execution under any pressue situation. It can only help in a tight game in the SB since they have "been there before".
However, I don't see it being a tight game in the 4th qtr. I see the PATS with a 2 score lead (~ 10 - 14 point lead) which is a different kind of "pressure" on the Gmen. Belichick will really show Eli what a pass rush is at that point!!
Going down NY, how do u like them apples for the 'big apple'?!!??!!

You've made the point again. We're simply saying that no-one respects 18-0 and you're arguing about how hard your playoff wins were. You've win 3 in a row. We've won 18 in a row. Respect it.

Who doesn't respect 18-0? It is all we're hearing about. It is an amazing accomplishment. There is no one who can discredit 18-0.

I will give the Gmen this: winning the close ones in the playoffs (Dall & GB games) the way they did really helps a team's confidence in their execution under any pressue situation. It can only help in a tight game in the SB since they have "been there before".
However, I don't see it being a tight game in the 4th qtr. I see the PATS with a 2 score lead (~ 10 - 14 point lead) which is a different kind of "pressure" on the Gmen. Belichick will really show Eli what a pass rush is at that point!!
Going down NY, how do u like them apples for the 'big apple'?!!??!!

I am not going to argue with you who will win. At this point it is an opinion or a wish. The fact of the matter both teams have played well to be in the Super Bowl. I will not discredit the Pats. I think they're the best ever... I just hope they won't be so great Sunday. Go Giants!

Who is not respecting the Patriots?

There is another team who made the big game as well and deserve respect and attention. Can you stand the media taking 5 minutes away from slobbering over the Patriots to give the Giants some love?:rolleyes:

The Giants should be and are discussed. What should also be included in the discussion is the fact that they are probably the worst Super Bowl team, statistically, of all time. I haven't heard one single member of the mainstream media mention that. Maybe I just haven't been listening closely enough.

Last edited:
Who is not respecting the Patriots?

There is another team who made the big game as well and deserve respect and attention. Can you stand the media taking 5 minutes away from slobbering over the Patriots to give the Giants some love?:rolleyes:

For some reason they're dying for the Pats to be the underdog. Not sure why?

That would be . . . your team.

The Giants do respect the Pats you are just reading and seeing the parts that the media wants to show you. Eli, Strahan, and even Plaxico have said great things about the Patriots. Coughlin also says positive things. What should the Giants do? Say they're going to lose? Why should they. Joe Namath said the Jets would win and everyone applauded him for it.

I know there was a thread the other week about these f*ckin stupid 'facts' that Giants6TimesBullSh*T has in his profile yet he still 'wears it proudly' like a special schoolbus reject!:
NFL World Champions
1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990
NFC Champions
1986 1990 2000 2007
NFL Eastern/American/National Division/Conference Champions
1933 1934 1935 1938 1939 1941 1944 1946 1956 1958 1959 1961 1962 1963
NFC Eastern Division Champions
1986 1989 1990 1997 2000 2005
NFC Wild Card Winner/Playoff Appearence Without Division Title
1943 1950 1981 1984 1985 1993 2002 2006 2007

I mean 1927 / 34 / 38 were the leatherhead days when the best COLLEGE football team could easily beat the NFL 'chumpion' (this was a known fact) in those days (& about 400 people were in the stands give or take!)!! Kid, u would have to be a 100 to remember those days!! & nice wilcard appearances going back to 1943!
U look like a tool u know....funny / ironic a New Yorker hanging onto the past when it use to be the other way around ! too funny..

The Giants should be and are discussed. What should also be included in the discussion is the fact that they are probably the worst Super Bowl team, statistically, of all time. I haven't heard one single member of the mainstream media mention that. Maybe I just haven't been listening closely enough.

That is pretty disrespectful calling them the worse. You don't know how the Giants would do if they played in the past? Stats are meaningless. The Cowboys outgained the Giants in the playoffs? Where did it get them? The Giants are only concerned about the present.

The Giants do respect the Pats you are just reading and seeing the parts that the media wants to show you. Eli, Strahan, and even Plaxico have said great things about the Patriots. Coughlin also says positive things. What should the Giants do? Say they're going to lose? Why should they. Joe Namath said the Jets would win and everyone applauded him for it.

That's because he actually did it.

Right now the Giants are just running their mouths b/c they don't know what to do.

they are talking so much it seems like they are trying to convince themselves.....everyone has gotten the point... the are confident.

I know there was a thread the other week about these f*ckin stupid 'facts' that Giants6TimesBullSh*T has in his profile yet he still 'wears it proudly' like a special schoolbus reject!:
NFL World Champions
1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990
NFC Champions
1986 1990 2000 2007
NFL Eastern/American/National Division/Conference Champions
1933 1934 1935 1938 1939 1941 1944 1946 1956 1958 1959 1961 1962 1963
NFC Eastern Division Champions
1986 1989 1990 1997 2000 2005
NFC Wild Card Winner/Playoff Appearence Without Division Title
1943 1950 1981 1984 1985 1993 2002 2006 2007

I mean 1927 / 34 / 38 were the leatherhead days when the best COLLEGE football team could easily beat the NFL 'chumpion' (this was a known fact) in those days (& about 400 people were in the stands give or take!)!! Kid, u would have to be a 100 to remember those days!! & nice wilcard appearances going back to 1943!
U look like a tool u know....funny / ironic a New Yorker hanging onto the past when it use to be the other way around ! too funny..

The NFL Champions Giants played college teams then and defeated them look it up. My signature is one of pride for all the great Giants teams. No one is hanging on to the past. The Giants don't even have one banner or retired number displayed in the stadium. I have it in my signature because I enjoy all aspects of the Giants past and present. If it makes you feel better to be rude... enjoy it. I was trying to be pleasant and have a discussion.

The Giants do respect the Pats you are just reading and seeing the parts that the media wants to show you.
You don't get what I'm saying, do you ?

Do I think they respect the Patriots ? It doesn't matter.
Do you think they respect the Patriots ? It doesn't matter.

Do the Patriots think they respect the Patriots ? No. Regardless of whether it's due to the media, the Giants have opened their big mouths way too much and allowed the disrespect feeling to seep into the Patriots' players. Believe it, right or wrong the team feasts on it. That's all I'm saying - the disrespect card is in the Patriots locker room. What you or I think it irrelevant.

That is pretty disrespectful calling them the worse. You don't know how the Giants would do if they played in the past? Stats are meaningless. The Cowboys outgained the Giants in the playoffs? Where did it get them? The Giants are only concerned about the present.

It's not disrespectful at all, and you mischaracterized what I said. I didn't say the Giants were the worst super bowl team of all time, I said they were the worst STATISTICAL super bowl team of all time. Obviously you can't play teams from past eras, but if you compare how they stack up statistically then yes, they are the worst.

I don't get it also.

The Giants beat two freakin' NFC TEAMS the past two games by 3 points and 4 points.

The Pats beat two AFC teams by 9 and 11 points.

Why is it that the Pats are limping into the Super Bowl and the Giants are on some hot roll? The SB will be the first time the Pats have gotten a chance to play in perfect weather conditions since Week 9 of the season.

You're exactly right - - the media is beating that drum since last Sunday. It's incomprehensible.

I'm not hearing that. I'm hearing a few very sporadic reports of people giving the Giants a chance. Other than a few exceptions posted here, people are predicting a blowout in the Pats favor.

No one is hanging on to the past. The Giants don't even have one banner or retired number displayed in the stadium. I have it in my signature because I enjoy all aspects of the Giants past and present. If it makes you feel better to be rude... enjoy it. I was trying to be pleasant and have a discussion.

Isn't that mostly because another NFL team plays there?

I think your sig is fine (if a bit garish). I've seen worse from trolls. What I found funny is the "playoff appearances" category at the bottom.

It's not disrespectful at all, and you mischaracterized what I said. I didn't say the Giants were the worst super bowl team of all time, I said they were the worst STATISTICAL super bowl team of all time. Obviously you can't play teams from past eras, but if you compare how they stack up statistically then yes, they are the worst.

Do you think the Giants are a bad team?

That's a good point, but I think you have to adjust for home field.
Are you trying to say that home field advantage is worth more than 11 points? Yer nuts!

Do you think the Giants are a bad team?

No, I don't at all. They were clearly the class of the NFC this year when it came down to it. They beat the best teams in the playoffs, they earned the right to play in the Super Bowl and deserve to be there.

You'll find that I'm perfectly willing to admit the Giants have a shot in this game (no matter how small I might think it is).

Me pointing out the statistics that suggest they are statistically the worst team to ever play in the Super Bowl is not some slight to try and get under your skin, it's the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back