PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

17 point lead in the 4th quarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
We keep talking about a depleted Colts team, NE wasn't exactly a model of health this game, so many guys are out on the NE side. Hopefully this team gets healthy and they can make a run. We didn't lose the SB yesterday, let's move forward and try to get the 2 seed in the AFC. Quite frankly, I want to go into the Lucas Dome and beat the Colts in the AFCCG this year, it would make it all the sweeter.

No clue, we had the game all but wrapped up then started giving up 15 yard chunks - consistently. It was sad and predictable and once it started you knew it wasn't going to end.

Yup.

Its truly depressing how far it's come. I now expect this team to blow leads in the big games, and I expect the defense to fall apart in the 4th quarter. I really thought this was a different defense this year. Maybe it will be by postseason.

Last edited:
I have the same concerns about the D as everyone else, but OTOH...we had no buisness winning that Bills game. We had no buisness losing this Colts game. Either way our record is still 6-3.

That being said, I DESPISE the crappy BBDB abomination we throw out there every time a game is on the line, and I really don't get it. I know TBC was hurt, but do a Safety Blitz, Blitz a CB...do SOMETHING besides rolling over and dying like we do in every big game we've played ever since Pees took over as DC.

That's a good question and one that I think Pees should have to answer. The Pats D looked like it just couldn't stop Manning from picking it apart at the end of the game last night. Were they gassed? Or was Manning just that much better than they were yesterday? Fair question.

I have arrived at the conclusion that Manning is much much better. It was difficult to come to terms with it but he has now consistently shredded our D during the second half for the last five games.

Hats off to him!

I also now realize what Dungy meant when he said Manning can one glance at the pictures during the first half and make fantastic adjustments.

Though it was depressing to watch us fold in defeat again in the second half against the Colts, I got over it quickly because hopefully the stinging loss makes us deliver a KO against the Jets and not be complacent.

27 of those 51 rushing yards came on one carry (Faulk I believe).

What I don't understand is how everybody is talking how worn down the Pats D was at the end. If the Pats D is so worn down, why isn't the Colts D worn down - they were on the field just as much as the Pats D.
The Colts had more subs on the defensive line. The Pats only had Ron Brace; TBC and Ninkovich were injured in the first half, which left Burgess, AD, Wilfork, Wright, and Pryor on the field for the entire 2nd half. Also explains why our pass rush failed so miserably in the end.

Exactly. This defense hasn't been championship caliber since Crennell left.

There is no way that the offense could have played better last night. Despite two red zone turnovers, they still had a big lead in the fourth quarter, that the defense wasn't good enough to hold.

We've seen this many times over the past few years. BB has to put the ball in the hands of his best player, Brady, against all instincts, because he knows his defense can't get the job done.

Ironically, the play to Faulk worked, except for the Colts defense stepping up and driving him back. If the Colts defender had been just one step later, Faulk would have been tackled over the thirty.

No doubt about it, their defense was better, and they deserved the win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back