Welcome to PatsFans.com

15 year old girl gets threatened for making peace statement on the internt...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Apr 27, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +563 / 15 / -29

Ava Lowery, a 15 year old peace activist, produced several short takes on the internet promoting her beliefs...her work has then been circulated on the internet and she is getting vile responses to her effort..this is a 15 year old girl who has done this and apparently has raised the ire of some extremists with nothing better to do than threaten kids. So many issues here 1st amendment, tolerance, use of the internet...one thing for sure the response of the people responding border on criminal..

http://progressive.org/mag_mc042406

Ava Lowery is a fifteen-year-old who lives in Alabama. She calls herself a peace activist, and for the past year, she’s been producing her own short animations on her website, peacetakescourage.com. All in all, she’s made about seventy of them, she says, and most of them oppose Bush and his Iraq War.

She says she’s received a lot of positive feedback in short messages back to her site. And she understands that the fact that “people are on the web, and they just let loose.†But she was unprepared for the viciousness of the negative feedback—especially the ugly sexual slurs similar to those that Cindy Sheehan has faced. (If you can’t stand foul language, stop reading now.)

“It’s people like you who need to ******* die and get raped while your corpse rots in the sun,†said one e-mail Lowery shared with me. “**** you, I would jack off on your parents if I could. If you don’t like the team, get out of the park. That means take ur small dick and get the **** off of my homeland you faggot chocolate gulper.â€

“You are a TRAITOR to your country and should be executed for treason,†another one said. “All you do is ***** about the US. If you hate it so much, why don’t you GET THE **** OUT.â€

“Why don’t you go masterbate [sic] to a pic of Sheehan and **** off,†said a third.

“Are you a muslem [sic] terrorist?†asked another.

Here is her web site, I watched on it is pretty mild in the grand scale of things.

http://peacetakescourage.cf.huffingtonpost.com/

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I agree it's vile and stupid, but where's the criminal aspect? I also agree that it pushes the envelope of legality, but it doesn't quite go too far. What does her age have to do with this? Either way, these people need to get some of what they suggest - if not all of it.

3. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +563 / 15 / -29

The criminality may come from adults threatening her laced with profanity to a minor... not sure of all of the legal aspects as it depends on state statutes, perhaps it is more of a moral issue... whatever it is, a person expresses their belief in any forum should not be threatened to have their parents masturbated upon..

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +391 / 15 / -14

The poor girl is a victim of the attack mentality that the Republicans have fostered since Gingrich. The Republicans have pulled a lot of cruel people into their activist ranks.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

Are the people that are attacking her Republicans, how did you know that, did they get letters from Newt Gingrich saying "get that little b!tch"
    :singing: :singing:

Hey look at the Republican beating up that old lady in the wheelchair.

Did you see that, a Republican just had a bowel movement right on the church stairs.

I ain't going in there the place is filled with Republicans.

"Jesus Christ, can you smell that", "yeah, what the hell is it" "it smells like a Republican"

"Mommy"
    "Yes dear"
    "Am I a Republican"
    "Oh no dear your a wonderful kind and caring beautiful Democrat"
    "Oh"

6. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +111 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Since she is from Alabama maybe so she can take her mind of these threats. A nice trip to Aruba would be a nice gift for her.

7. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Or we could send her to the Alaskan Wildlife Preserve to drill for oil! Wait, that didn't make sense either.

8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +111 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

I guess you didn't get it than, sorry.

9. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Geez, Aruba... what's happened in Aruba that's been all over the news recently, golly - I just can't think of it since it's not a Democratic talking point.

No, PFIEL, I usually get what you're saying, I just don't get why you're saying it.

10. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +111 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

I wish nothing but bad things to people associated with Ariana Huffington or Lawrence O'Donnell. These 2 did something to a friend who is in my unit that should never of happened, they can rot in the ground along with anyone associated with these 2 pricks.

11. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ahh, well, I'm sure this teenage girl is best friends with Ariana Huffington and knows all about what she did to your friend, and she wasn't just submittng something because she had an outlet for it. So I guess it's not only Rush Limbaugh that's going to hell, it's all of his callers too.

12. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +111 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Rush never did anything personally to me or anyone I know, so I really don't care what happens to him.

This little ***** ,her parents ,Huffington, O'Donnell and anyone associated with the Huffington Post on the other hand, nothing to painful or deadly could be inflicted on them for me to even think of giving a crap.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  13. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I see, and ignorance of whatever Huffington did is no excuse? You're an idiot, man, you don't think things through.

14. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +111 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

No you just have different set of rules for people who agree with you and those that don't.

15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

Huffington is slime, filth, scum, she is a "nothing".

16. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yes, and I'm red, so what do I know anyway.

17. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And so this teenage girl who submitted a something to her column deserves to die? I don't even think you'd make that connection, Harry.

18. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Funny thing is, I remember she used to be a guest on Poltically Incorrect.

She seemed conservative to me in her comments. I hear she is now a lefty.

Isn't that what they call a Media Whore? LOL

19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +563 / 15 / -29

Pretty strong stuff for something that exists in print on the internet, still cannot imagine anyone feeling it is ok for people to criticize a 15 year old girl to the extent of threatening to masturbate on their parents, yet another example of compassionate conservatism...