Welcome to PatsFans.com

15 beheadings a day of women in Basra..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Apr 30, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 10 / -26

Reminds me of the old Fish Cheer, and its one two three what are fighting for, this is what we have brought to this country, when I read this I can't help but think wtf have we done to this country and is it any better than when Hussein was in power??? Can't wait for 100 years from now(McCain's estimate) as to what will happen when we leave.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...weapon-to-subjugate-women-in-iraq-816649.html

At first glance Shawbo Ali Rauf appears to be slumbering on the grass, her pale brown curls framing her face, her summer skirt spread about her. But the awkward position of her limbs and the splattered blood reveal the true horror of the scene.

The 19-year-old Iraqi was, according to her father, murdered by her own in-laws, who took her to a picnic area in Dokan and shot her seven times. Her crime was to have an unknown number on her mobile phone. Her "honour killing" is just one in a grotesque series emerging from Iraq, where activists speak of a "genocide" against women in the name of religion.

In the latest such case, it was reported yesterday that a 17-year-old girl, Rand Abdel-Qader, was stabbed to death last month by her father for becoming infatuated with a British soldier serving in southern Iraq.

In Basra alone, police acknowledge that 15 women a month are murdered for breaching Islamic dress codes. Campaigners insist it is a conservative figure.

Violence against women is rampant, rising every day with the power of the militias. Beheadings, rapes, beatings, suicides through self-immolation, genital mutilation, trafficking and child abuse masquerading as marriage of girls as young as nine are all on the increase.
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 10 / -26

Sorry do not want to inflame, 15 beheadings a month in my rage I mistyped.
  3. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +72 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Their culture is stuck in the 14th or 15 th century. I don't have any words to describe how obscene the whole thing is. No maybe I do, Obscene would do their whole mindset is an obscenity.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +577 / 2 / -9

No "Waterboarding" for those Animals.
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 6 / -2

The whole idea is to change the ideology of these people, so that acts of savagery are eventually frowned upon. A self representive, and free people, don't tolerate such evil acts. That's the thinking. I totally understand why people don't agree, or think it's a waste. It's valid & justifyable to feel that way. History will determine whether or not the cost, and sacrafice, were worth while.
  6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +577 / 2 / -9

Where's George Clooney and Susan Sarandon can't they get some activists together and have a demonstartion over this, where's the little Weasel Jimmy Sissy Carter.

Bush went AWOL once------:eek: "oh jesus"

MY FAVORITE "YOU TUBE"----
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmcSXvBYSI8
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  7. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,473 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

Sarandon should have a naked demonstration in Basra... by herself. That only seems fitting.
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Almost as fitting as the average Con man poster having a demonstration in Basra.... by himself... But hopefully, for everyone's sake, not naked.
  9. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

so you propose do nothing? at least clooney and sarandon do something.
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +577 / 2 / -9

Anybody trying to do anything to stop "Muslim Beheadings" will eventually be branded as a Racist, we have helped millions of women by sending the savage Talibans scurrying like rats into their caves has clooney or sarandon ever said "Good Work America"

:bricks: