Welcome to PatsFans.com

14-year-old students ordered to sign "confidentiality" agreement to not tell parents

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -1

I came across this today when I was looking for the Boulder Co. article. We really need to look at what a public education should be. It truly is time for a voucher program. I don't care what people want to teach their own kids, or what they want their own kids to be exposed to, but to be forcing agenda driven crap (religion/sex/GW/abortion/etc.) on kids in a public school is unacceptable. I don't want anything but math, science, history, balancing a check book, economics, gym, etc...

My issue with the last line is extremely upsetting, and why we need vouchers. EVERYONE who pays taxes is paying for public education. The fact that private schools are so expensive, or unaffordable to the average Joe, is because we spend a half a trillion dollars on public education in this country. Simply put, Joe Taxpayer who sends his kid to private school is paying twice for his one child. Once to the private school, and a second time for the public education the government is hijacking from his paycheck. This is why a voucher program has to happen. Unfortunately, the Teachers Union, and the far left who dominate our education system, know that vouchers mean choice, choice means competition, and competition means a risk to the current monopoly they have on brainwashing kids, and manipulating an agenda driven ciriculum. So that judge can take his words about send them to private school, and stick them where the sun don't shine. :mad:

It's WND, so apply all the salt needed.

BRAVE NEW SCHOOLS

District gags 14-year-olds after 'gay' indoctrination
    'Confidentiality' promise requires students 'not to tell their parents'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: March 13, 2007
    10:39 p.m. Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    © 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Deerfield, Ill., High School, where officials required students to attend a "gay" indoctrination seminar

Officials at Deerfield High School in Deerfield, Ill., have ordered their 14-year-old freshman class into a "gay" indoctrination seminar, after having them sign a confidentiality agreement promising not to tell their parents.

He told CWA, the nation's largest public policy women's organization, that requiring children to sign the confidentiality agreement wasn't right and the district would be honest with parents in the future about such seminars. But CWA noted that even after the district was caught, parents still were being told they were not welcome to be at the "freshman advisory" and they were not allowed to have access to materials used in compiling the activist curriculum.

And, he said, since history "includes instances of … official discrimination against gays and lesbians … it is reasonable for public educators to teach elementary school students … different sexual orientations."

If they disagree, "the Parkers and Wirthlins may send their children to a private school …[or] may also educate their children at home," the judge said.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54683
  2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Re: 14-year-old students ordered to sign "confidentiality" agreement to not tell pare

I order you to be tollerant or we'll kick you out of school!:confused:
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Re: 14-year-old students ordered to sign "confidentiality" agreement to not tell pare

These are the same people that want CENSORSHIP for Talk Radio.

These are the same people that want Ann Coulter SILENCED then Hung By The Neck Until Pronounced Dead. (CENSORSHIP)

@#$%^%$#@ Scum
    (I'm not allowed to use filthy language on here)
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That's plainly wrong, and I hope the parents sue for access to the materials, which they're entitled to. What's the point of making students sign a confidentiality agreement? In most states minors can't enter into legally binding contracts (there are usually statutory exceptions for auto insurance), and even if they could, would the school sue them if they told their parents?
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -3

The purpose of secrecy is to avoid the outrage parents would express at their kids being brainwashed.
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Yes, it's obvious that the point was to keep parents from knowing so they couldn't object... I just wonder why the school thought such an idiotic idea would possibly work.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Unbelievable :mad:
  8. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

The same reason they want Talk Radio Silenced and Censored, they don't want the people to able to "Talk Back" to them, they know whats best for you and they want you to "SHUT UP".

It takes a Village :singing: :singing:
  9. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -1

LOL. We're talking public schools afterall, aren't we? :D

Anything to push their agenda I guess. People think I'm this or that because of what I post, or say. The bottom line is I'm a firm believer in individuality, freedom, and personal choice. I don't want to force people to do anything they shouldn't have to, just as I don't want to impose my beliefs on anyone who isn't interested. The smaller, and less restrictive, the better. A public education should be simplistic, basic, and devoid of controversy. If people want more, they should do so on their own time, or via a private school, thus not imposing their crap on those who don't want to hear it.
  10. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Are you sure it's the same people?
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Precisely, why would they ask kids to sign a contract with no meaning??What is interesting about this is that it is only be reported on RW sites, and there is nothing to refute any of this anywhere else. It is not reported in any regular or mainstream news site or on any left wing blogs.. there is some suspicion about the whole situation. Worldnet Daily tends to beg some issues.
  12. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I agree this seems wrong, but the article, at least what you quoted, lacked some pertinent information... who/what was this indocrination aimed at? This could range from the extremes "all students required to do this" to "intended only for gay students who volunteer".

If it's the latter, I don't have too much of a problem with it. They may be trying to protect those volunteers from parents who either don't know of or else don't tolerate their child being gay, and would otherwise be shy to seek out this group for fear of exposure.

But again... Need ... more ... information ...
  13. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -1

CLICK THE FUKCING LINK!

You didn't click the link in Harry Boy's post last week either. We have rules about how much of an article we can post in threads, because of copyright infringement laws. If you want to know more, CLICK THE FUKCING LINK I PROVIDED. That's why we all post the link in the first place. :D

BTW, www.google.com Type in some words of interest, and click either "web", or "news", and you'll get a healthy chunk of information on virtually and all topics. ;)
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

The link is a worldnet link which is suspect, I also googled it and came up with only RW links on both the web and news... there is no other report of this anywhere, so it is suspect.
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Sure, left wing looney liberals, they're all the same, they know what's best for you and they don't want you talking back to them or disagreeing with them.
  16. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Ahh, so you're mad at a caricature instead of any real people, must be confusing.
  17. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -1

The unaware, are unaware, that they are unaware. :D

The situation, according to district Supt. George Fornero, was partly "a mistake."

He told CWA, the nation's largest public policy women's organization, that requiring children to sign the confidentiality agreement wasn't right and the district would be honest with parents in the future about such seminars. But CWA noted that even after the district was caught, parents still were being told they were not welcome to be at the "freshman advisory" and they were not allowed to have access to materials used in compiling the activist curriculum

Here's a beaut, a quick Google of "Deerfield HS confidentiality" (paying attention godef?) provided me with a link to the actual confidentiality notice - pdf. This is priceless. Sounds like a Vegas commercial where it says "Bottom line: what happens in our classroom, stays in our classroom". :eek: :wha: So basically, these people know what's better for your child than you do, and they don't want you to know about it. You teach your kids to not do drugs per say, they say to do them, and then they tell the kids to sign a paper that promises they won't tell you that they said that. ROFL!

This country is so broken right now.

http://www.illinoisfamily.org/content/img/f33228/DeerfieldHSConfidentiality.pdf

EXCERPTS FROM “RAINBOW BOYS”
    Author: Alex Sanchez

1. “Fuck losing weight . . . maybe I should invite him to my house. What
    would I say? Tell him you want to suck his dick . . . I want to be his
    friend. I want to get to know him. So? Get to know him and then suck
    his dick.”
  18. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

And yet there are those who still wonder why so many parents want to home school their children, why parents and other tax-payers don't want to pay taxes to the hijacked school systems, teachers' unions, PTAs, etc.

Wonder no more, folks. It's all out for everyone to see.

//
  19. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

We will not tolerate intolerance.
    I hate hate. It's so hateful.
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

Once again your reference Illinois Family Organization, is a RW mouthpiece, there is no other reference to any of this anywhere on the internet. Not on any blogs, not on Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, not on media matters, not referenced anywhere except this site.. why did no one except World net daily pick it up, if it was a verifiable site why didn't someone either discredit it or play it up big time.. all I am saying it that this whole this is suspect, because of the lack of credibility of the source and no verification of it.

http://www.illinoisfamily.org/