Welcome to PatsFans.com

13% of Americans: "Bush is hero of 2006"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Seymour93, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

yes, now consider that he won villain of 2006 in the same poll by a landslide... but hero of the year by a small margin...

Bush won the villain sweepstakes by a landslide, with one in four respondents putting him at the top of that bad-guy list. When people were asked to name the candidate for villain that first came to mind, Bush far outdistanced even Osama bin Laden, the terrorist leader in hiding; and former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein, who is scheduled for execution.

The president was picked as hero of the year by a much smaller margin. In the poll, 13 percent named him as their favorite while 6 percent cited the troops in Iraq.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

The troops should be the heroes hands down. Anyhow, polls are what they are. There are some truly dumb people in this country. Instead of margin of error of 5% which is typical, I'd use a "retard factor" and bump it up to 20%.

:D
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

ah... so anyone who participates in a poll is a "retard" by default?... so much for those pre election polls, or presidential approval ratings... i mean, they are what they are...
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

Well, I had people like you in mind when I concluded the 20%. :D
  6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

that's interesting... i had praised you for your debate style in an earlier thread, because at least you were the rare Righty here who provides support for your argument and doesn't resort merely to childish insults... perhaps i was wrong...
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

Righty? I'm merely objective & independent. See that's the problem with most in here. You pick sides, and always think left or right. People need to be objective. You may have personal beliefs that affiliate you to one side of center, which is fine, but there is no way that one party, person, or group could ever represent your every view. Sorry if I've offended, but as some know in here, I tend to dislike posters who can never give credit to the "opposing" side. I don't like people with preconceived agenda's. I tend to think you may have one. Again, if I am wrong, I appologize. It's never personal, especially when i put a green smiley. That more or less means I'm being a brat. :D
  8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i can give credit to the other side.... there are a number of noble Conservative thinkers, both in Washington, and on forum blogs.... however, this new breed of imperialist, nutty religious conservativism is what i loathe...
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +320 / 4 / -2

As do I. It's the very reason why I laugh at people (like my brother) who blindly support a party. Democrats & Republicans are no longer driven by principle. They are each driven by party. It's party 1st, principle 2nd. Dems used to be for a good wage, families, and equality. The GOP used to be for accountability, small government, and low taxes. Tell me where either is now? The Dems have become a loon group, and the GOP has been overtaken by the evil empire. It extremists on both sides who run the show. It's sad. The most recent elections, which the Democrats deservedly took by default (the repubs were so bad someone had to win), have given me a shed of optimism for the mere reason that alot of moderate Dems were elected. What I am afraid to see, is whether or not the new moderates in the Dem party hold firm to principle, or wilt to party needs. We shall see.
  10. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Dont you understand Real World? The people are only water headed retards when they vote AGAINST the liberal agenda.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 1 / -9

Thats me :bricks: :eek: