PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

12th man Willie Mcginest

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats to Willie Mcginest - what a great player he has been for us. Nice to see he is honored as the 12th man

Willie rocks! I have supported him since USC--glad to see some recognition #55! :rocker:

Almost had a triple post here - but I'm glad to see Willie getting some recognition

some might remember that back when he was re-signed during the Carroll years some questioned whether he had the durability and desire to be a premier player

Willie has quietly (as if a 270 lb. linebacker can be quiet!) proven any doubters wrong and has had an outstandingly consistent career - and more than the stats - he's always seem to be making the big play when his team needs him the most.

A great honor for a true Patriot! Let's hope he finishes his career where it started!

Last edited:
He may not be Bruce, or Reggie or LT
But he's our Willie and he's O.K.by me
:rocker:

Willie is one of the best Patriots Linebackers of all time. Good for him.

I just watched the Pats video of Willie getting the award. Man, that guy is huge!

It is going to be a really sad day when players like Teddy and Willie retire. The Pats will lose a bit of their soul I think...until the next generation comes along.

slade messed with parcells

PatsRI said:
Herald piece on Willie:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=119079

I remember him and Slade being touted as this force to come many years ago. It's funny how Slade just faded away but Wille got better.
he got into some personality thing with parcells. you know who won that.
willie is supposedly an offseason workout warrior. it's likely he kept himself in shape whereas slade did not.
it's really only in the last 5 years that willie has become a #4 overall draft pick-type player. he was injured most of his first 5 years, then ran into ppete carroll. since BB, ha's stayed on the field and become someone opposing offenses have to address in game plans. he looks huge on the field, much bigger than 6-5, 270.

willie ray mcginest

abejarano12 said:
Willie is one of the best Patriots Linebackers of all time. Good for him.
i will always remember his stop of edgerrin james, in indy, 4-yard line, on the last play of the game. on replay i can see each step willie takes but i still can't figure out how he got there so fast.
ol' peyton's body language as he watches the edge get smothered iis priceless.
but a question:

how is it that a starter wins a 12/6th/10/ player award?
i don't get that.
my vote would have gone to russ hochstein.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back