PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

12 predictions for '12

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanvamp

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm sure it's too early to post this, but what the heck..... Here are some random predictions for various things Patriots-related:

1. Brady will throw for between 4,500-4,700 yards. He will not get to 5,000 yards.

2. Brady will throw for 38 TD or more.

3. Gronkowski will catch "only" 11-13 TDs this year and will see his numbers decrease across the board from last year. IMO, this won't mean that he's gotten worse, just that the Pats will have so many other options and teams will really focus on Gronk.

4. Jones will have 8 sacks, which is fewer than Mark Anderson had last year, but it's a number that we'll be happy with. He will also bring a better all-around game than Anderson did and he'll be a force in both run and pass defense.

5. Bequette will have 6-8 sacks as well, in what probably will seem like a bit of a surprise.

6. Hightower will be #2 on the team in tackles, behind Mayo.

7. Vereen will finish the year with more combined rushing/receiving yards than Ridley, somewhere in the 1,200 range.

8. Demps will score three TDs on the year - two on returns, and one either rushing or on a little screen-type pass - and all three will be jaw-dropping.

9. The Patriots will finish with the #1 scoring offense and the #2 yardage offense in the NFL.

10. They will finish with a scoring defense ranked in the top 8, and a yardage defense ranked in the top 15 - both will be huge improvements over last year, but it will not put NE in the "elite" defense category.

11. They will win 13-14 games and get the #1 seed in the AFC.

12. The Patriots will play the Packers in the Super Bowl, and it will come down to the last drive of the game, either way.

Honestly, I don't even think its a lock the Packers win the NFC North. I predict either Pats/Texans vs Philly/ Bears.I think the defense will be better by a lot though!

Only things I predict. Patriots will win the superbowl in convincing fashion.

Brady MVP

Jones DROY +Defensive player of year

BB COTY

Cannon CBOYA

Patriots will win the superbowl in convincing fashion.

I'd hate to play this game in 2099 :eek:

3. Gronkowski will catch "only" 11-13 TDs this year and will see his numbers decrease across the board from last year. IMO, this won't mean that he's gotten worse, just that the Pats will have so many other options and teams will really focus on Gronk.

If this was to happen, I shutter to think how the sports news media will talk about it.

"Summer of Gronk", ankle injury, the contract, blah blah blah. That is what I foresee the blowhards on espn and nfln talking about if that's the case.

But yet never mentioning the fact about Welker, Lloyd, Hernandez and the renewal of the screen play to the offensive play calling. The Jeff Demps signing leads me to believe that will be a good part of the offensive plan this season.

Last edited:
I predict the Patriots blowing out the Panthers/49ers/Seahawks in the SB.

I predict Brady will have an MVP season like he did last season, but they'll give the award to their lover-boy Peyton Manning(if healthy) for no reason, like they always do.

I predict the Patriots will have a top 5 defense.

I predict the Patriots will be one of the top 2 offenses.

I predict the Patriots will embarrass the Jets twice this season.

I predict the Patriots will face SD/KC in the championship game.

I predict Hernandez having a huge year like Gronk did. I predict he'll probably will get an extension during the season too.

Last edited:
10. They will finish with a scoring defense ranked in the top 8, and a yardage defense ranked in the top 15 - both will be huge improvements over last year, but it will not put NE in the "elite" defense category.

But if only considered AFTER Thanksgiving, it WILL be a Top 5 defense, and it WILL be an elite and improving defense!

Last edited:
Only things I predict. Patriots will win the superbowl in convincing fashion.

Brady MVP

Jones DROY +Defensive player of year

BB COTY

Cannon CBOYA

Patriots will win the superbowl in convincing fashion.

You must be a Patriots fan? :D

Unfortunately, the Pats will have the record, two years in a row, for the most waiver claims on their cuts.

Just a few predictions because it's still so early:

1. Brady will win MVP, however it will be closely contended by Aaron Rodgers.

2. C-Jones will win DROY.

3. Pats win between 13-15 games, and get #1 seed in AFC.

4. Superbowl will be Pats/Texans vs Bears/Packers/Eagles.

But if only considered AFTER Thanksgiving, it WILL be a Top 5 defense, and it WILL be an elite and improving defense!

Ah...Brother Eight ~ With what pleasure have I noted your recent flurry of Activity, hereabouts!! :cool:

You address a very critical Point, one not nearly often enough focused on, and which is a Fundamental Truth intrinsic to every ForeCast I've scribed in this splendiferous Belichickian Era:

I am absolutely certain that the greatest reason that our teams have forged such an astonishing record of success in December ~ and in January and February!!! :D ~ over these incredible 11 years and counting...is because Coach Bill The Mad (Genius) is better than anyone that I know at Taking his Players Through The Gears ~ individually and within their Units ~ at the optimum speed to challenge without overwhelming and to ultimately get the most out of them ~ again: as individuals and within their Units.

Better than any other Coach in this Great Game, he has the Vision, the Discipline, and ~ above all ~ the Testicular Fortitude to see each Game as a Building Block for the next game, and to see the Season as an Organic Whole, even while paradoxically focusing his players ~ and his Tactical Genius ~ on The Game At Hand.

Consequently, he never gets engulfed in the Short Term Vision of so many of his peers, a great number of whom seem to sweat each loss ~ and even every bad Play ~ from September onward.

How many times have we stumbled and bumbled out'f the Gates, or taken a mid-season hit or two, eliciting legions of trepidatious fans ~ no one here, of course! ;) ~ to wail and gnash their teeth...only to see this relentlessly focused team drive onward...and finish the season with a strong ~ often dominant ~ surge??

And you picked the right Rally Point, as well, Brother Cassius:

The real story of the 2012 Patriots begins in earnest after ThanksGiving.

I'm going out on a limb with some outlandish predictions for 2012.

01. Tom Brady passes for 4,650 yards.
02. Tom Brady passes 38 touchdowns.
03. The Patriots collectively rush for over 2,000 yards.
04. The Patriots go 6-0 in the AFC East with Buffalo running them close at RWS.
05. The Patriots Defense will allow less than 20.0 points per game.
06. The Patriots will enjoy a +25 turnover differential.
07. Dont'a Hightower or Chandler Jones will win the NFL DROY award.
08. The Patriots special teams unit will contribute at least 3 PR/KR TD's.
09. Jerod Mayo has over 6 sacks this season.
10. The Patriots will finish with at least a 13-3 record and the #1 AFC seed.
11. The Patriots will finally win their fourth Superbowl at Superbowl XLVII.
12. The Jets will finish at or below .500 and we'll enjoy **** stirring them all season.

Last edited:
I'd hate to play this game in 2099 :eek:

98. There will be... some football played.

99. And finally... the Jets will suck.

I am absolutely certain that the greatest reason that our teams have forged such an astonishing record of success in December ~ and in January and February!!! :D ~ over these incredible 11 years and counting...is because Coach Bill The Mad (Genius) is better than anyone that I know at Taking his Players Through The Gears ~ individually and within their Units ~ at the optimum speed to challenge without overwhelming and to ultimately get the most out of them ~ again: as individuals and within their Units.

Better than any other Coach in this Great Game, he has the Vision, the Discipline, and ~ above all ~ the Testicular Fortitude to see each Game as a Building Block for the next game, and to see the Season as an Organic Whole, even while paradoxically focusing his players ~ and his Tactical Genius ~ on The Game At Hand.

Consequently, he never gets engulfed in the Short Term Vision of so many of his peers, a great number of whom seem to sweat each loss ~ and even every bad Play ~ from September onward.

How many times have we stumbled and bumbled out'f the Gates, or taken a mid-season hit or two, eliciting legions of trepidatious fans ~ no one here, of course! ;) ~ to wail and gnash their teeth...only to see this relentlessly focused team drive onward...and finish the season with a strong ~ often dominant ~ surge??

And you picked the right Rally Point, as well, Brother Cassius:

The real story of the 2012 Patriots begins in earnest after ThanksGiving.
Excellent points and key insights here. Belichick knows how to build a team's momentum to peak at the right time in the season while protecting the record in the early part of the season to be playoff eligible. This prevents early burn out and maintains a steady momentum for when it really counts. Patriots fans have been watching this orchestration since BB has been coach. He uses the PUP strategically to inject fresh players after the first 6 games to add depth and energy. It's a beautiful thing . . .

4. Jones will have 8 sacks, which is fewer than Mark Anderson had last year, but it's a number that we'll be happy with. He will also bring a better all-around game than Anderson did and he'll be a force in both run and pass defense.

5. Bequette will have 6-8 sacks as well, in what probably will seem like a bit of a surprise.

I'd be more than happy with 8 sacks from Chandler. Even though Anderson had 10, I remember at least a couple being in situations such as us being up double digits with little time left and the other team going pass crazy to get a score that probably wouldn't matter anyways. I wouldn't say they were completely unimportant but they weren't exactly crucial. If Jones can rack up 8 good sacks I'd say he more than makes up for losing Anderson's production. Then if Bequette and hopefully Carter can match Carter of last year (likely under your scenario) then we'll see an all around improved pass rush with Fanene and hopefully a healthy Pryor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye