PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

12 men in the huddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I'm trying to avoid thinking about last nite's game at all costs.

But of all the mistakes we made and all the things I envision being done over, the one that I'm sure is haunting this team most right now is that 12 men in the huddle call.

Those 5 yards very well might have cost us the game. If we get a first down there, it's not quite game over, but very close.

I don't know who is to blame and I don't care - making that mistake in that situation is so absurd, it's beyond belief. There's no excuses, there's no sugar-coating it, it's just horrendous. I'm about to vomit just thinking about it. What the hell happened?

Last edited:
I'm trying to avoid thinking about last nite's game at all costs.

But of all the mistakes we made and all the things I envision being done over, the one that I'm sure is haunting this team most right now is that 12 men in the huddle call.

Those 5 yards very well might have cost us the game. If we get a first down there, it's not quite game over, but very close.

I don't know who is to blame and I don't care - making that mistake in that situation is so absurd, it's beyond belief. There's no excuses, there's no sugar-coating it, it's just horrendous. I'm about to vomit just thinking about it. What the hell happened?

Yup, it's a crappy thing to think about. But the series ended at 3rd and 4, so you gotta think that penalty cost us the game. Had we not had that penalty, we likely would have won...

As much as I want to vomet right now, that fact right there is a testament to exactly how great from an objective standpoint the game really was.

McDaniels was asleep at the wheel. The buck stops with him.

I don't really think you can put blame on anyone on this. It was just a gigantic brain fart on behalf of all.

Last thing I'll say before I try and fail to sleep, and I'm not trying to make excuses - the ref didn't throw the flag until Evans was off the field - does that make a difference? To me, it seems to late at that point. Before he began running off the field, Evans was not really in the huddle, but hanging around - he then ran off - how is this different than a team with 12 men on the field and the last runs off at the last second before the play starts?

I posted a thread on this topic last night. I think that penalty really lost the game for us. When i think about it i can litterally snap in anger, that something that stupid really happened. Like someone said, this was really like a rebuilding season and still made it to the afccg. So i guess thinking about next year is giving me some serenety.

I posted a thread on this topic last night. I think that penalty really lost the game for us. When i think about it i can litterally snap in anger, that something that stupid really happened. Like someone said, this was really like a rebuilding season and still made it to the afccg. So i guess thinking about next year is giving me some serenety.

SERENITY NOW!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing