Welcome to PatsFans.com

12 Billion Dollars of Fraud in Afghanistan by Defense Contractors..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Mar 4, 2011.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Reduce entitlements, reduce medicare is the battle cry in the rotunda.. all the while billions are stolen by the war profiteers.. and no one really cares.

With all the budge battles on state and local levels Fox, CNN or any of the networks seemed to have missed this piece..

http://www.wartimecontracting.gov/docs/CWC_InterimReport2-lowres.pdf

And in a related story Rumsfield claims that Karzai is not corrupt, guess the 52million dollars was chump change that they found in his pocket..

Donald Rumsfeld: I Have Seen No Indication Hamid Karzai Is Corrupt - Fox News Watchdog

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  2. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I have a new and emerging theory.

When I heard reports that they sent money via CASH, by loading up crates of money in order to pay people abroad... that instantly sent up warning flags...

So my theory now is, they are purposefully losing money in order to "flood" the money markets with Dollars, without actually releasing more money. Kind of a way to ensure the dollar remains the default world currency. As well, they could propably increase the money supply, send 1 billion over there, and hand it out, and we just inflated the currency without any real effect of inflation becuase there is no official accounting of the additional money in circulation.

That's really the only explanation I can come up with for sending cash... any large contract would have no problem accepting money via a wire transfer... no contractor worth anything, would only accept cash.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

I'm glad YOU and FOX NEWS are reporting this Darryl, I commend you, when Bush was running things this Contractor stuff was front page daily in all of the Democrat Left Wing media.

Good for you keep it going and remember "OBAMA IS BUSH"

Hope And Change Was All A Bunch Of Lying Sh!t

STOP THE WARS
    CLOSE GITMO
    FIX THE ECONOMY YOU DIRTY BASTARDS

:bricks:
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  4. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

No one is reporting it, not Drudge, Fox, CNN or any other news feed, they let you know what they want you to know.
  6. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Maybe because this is a non-story?

From the article:

So that means the general assumption is that 7% of revenue is lost to fraud anywhere and everywhere? Is that the assumption underlying the $12 billion figure? If it happens everywhere, what is so surprising about it happening in Afghanistan?
  7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

We Need Egyptian Riots In America.

God Damn America (uncle jeremiah)
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Why isn't the administration all over this?
  9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

12 Billion?

That is like a booger in a flea to these guys....

with all the budget BS going on, the "lost" and or "Defrauded" money managed by our pentagon is astounding.

YouTube - Rumsfeld 2.3 Trillion Dollars missing Pentagon 1 DAY b4/911

Rumsfeld 2.3 Trillion Dollars missing Pentagon 1 DAY b4/911

2.3 TRILLION

none of you care....

This is all Teachers fault, and unions..
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Why isn't the government all over this?
  11. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I think something happened the day after Rumsfeld's announcement....and we have been blowing through trillions on credit ever since.

makes you wonder....
  12. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

It has credibility it is authored by.. you make my point, that as a society that we are completely desensitized to the continued fraud of the war profiteers.. perhaps for you it is no big deal. But for some, 12 Billion dollars can close a lot of gaps...

Congress seems more focused on the chickenshyt issues, than the really big issues.. the reality is as long as our tax dollars are supporting the lobbyists, and the palms of the politicians are getting greased nothing will be done.

Did you ever think about some of these companies who exist solely on government contracts, then use that money to influence congress.. not that anyone cares.

13. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

The report doesn't provide a complete citation for that "survey-based estimate", so it is hard to make any judgment about what it represents. Most of the content on the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners site requires membership for access so you can't read any of their surveys, but I did find this:

ACFE Publications - Fraud Reports & Other Materials

So the 7% figure is not based on audits of defense contractors, but represents their estimate of the frequency and cost of fraud nationwide (public and private sector).

In other words, no one has identified $12 billion in actual fraud...the figure is based on the assumption that every organization experiences that level of fraudulence.
  14. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Gentlemen, may I remind you I made an actual decent post near the beginning of this thread...

:beatingcoming:
  15. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Without regard there is rampant fraud in afghanistan; from Karzai carrying around 53 million of US dollars, to the stolen fuel.. my point is made, is that somehow that this type of practice is acceptable.

The War Profiteers continue to get fat off of our dollar, and in reality congress deals with their own targeted issues, instead of the really big stuff.

If they put into effect standards that would eliminate any defense contactor who has been found to be committing fraud.. that might be a good step. Instead they fine the company, the company pays the fine with the money from their profit margin and do not miss a beat. Many of these companies rely solely on the US Government for cash flow, thus everything that they steal and have to repay via fines is all out of our tax dollar.

As a society there is no outrage, as we have come to expect this type of behavior amongst defense contractors.. even now some of these companies are moving abroad, avoiding their tax responsibility, and still getting defense contracts.

Unfortunately the lobbyists who are essentially paid by our tax dollar, continue to influence congress have done a very good job. Bernie Sanders has an interesting take...

Fraud should disqualify U.S. contractors | livingstondaily.com | Livingston Daily

Most recently Boeing just got a huge contract for Air Force Tankers, despite committing fraud..

Boeing's good news to lift N.C. - Economy - NewsObserver.com

Congress does not care, as long as their pockets are lined with lobbying money and perks the beat will go on, and the shot callers in the Military Industrial Complex get richer and more powerful.
  16. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

But if we are to believe that estimate fraud is endemic in every organization. Those who have been caught should be fined (no question), but I am not sure how the Pentagon can avoid doing business with Boeing.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

They don't want to offend President Jug Ears
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

I actually thought Haliburton went out of business, I haven't seen a thing about them since Jug Ears took the throne.

During The Chimp's time on The Throne this is what we saw daily HALIBURTON HALIBURTON HALIBURTON HALIBURTON HALIBURTON HALIBURTON HALIBURTON

GITMO GITMO GITMO GITMO GITMO GITMO GITMO GITMO GITMO GITMO

WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR WAR

What happened, why aren't we hearing this anymore................:rolleyes:
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The fact is that they do not even want to try, fraud is expected amongst the War Profiteers.. imagine if we were this tolerant for every organization who defrauded the government??

If Boeing defrauds the government, they should not be allowed to bid on or participate in any future contracts for a specific period of time.. if they do it twice they are banned forever. Someone will fill their shoes...

Is it to much to expect honesty???

This is one of the major reasons I find the Tea Party so hypocritical, they focus on chump change issues(driven by the corporatists) but ignore the greatest fraud committed on our government..
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

What Time Is It Clyde

It's Howdy Doody Time

:bricks: