PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

12/8 Revised Possible Pats Offseason

Wait...now we're praising draft sites' accuracy on the players the Patriots would want? Don't we ridicule them every year on their choices, with the exception of Gosselin and maybe Nawrocki? Don Banks is ludicrous...Belichick has gone to the UCONN pro day numerous times....and UCONN has a bunch of players he had to be at least a little bit interested in besides Butler...Beatty, Lorenzen, Williams, Brown...

Stacked as we were at corner, and with pretty obvious holes at safety and the offensive line....and defensive line looking toward the future, spending a 1st rounder on a CB seemed foolish.

However, I did like Butler, and I believe he was in my mix for one of the second round picks.

Edit: After checking my board, I had him as my #3 corner, with a mid-2nd round grade.

I'm not praising their accuracy. But Butler to the Pats was a popular rumor in the press, on draft boards, and on this sites, and I don't think it would have been (a) shocking or (b) poor value if we had taken him at 23. That's all. You might have been shocked, but I think you would have been in the minority.

I didn't want Butler at 23, but I wouldn't have been shocked or disappointed with the value. I was thrilled with him at 41 along with Tate and a 2010 2nd round pick. That's all.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back