Welcome to PatsFans.com

111th Congress Spent More Than First 100 Congresses Combined

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by State, Dec 29, 2010.

1. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

Source. How was it "productive" to add $10,492 of debt to every individual in the country? That's money well spent?

And notice the picture in the link of the little girl with the placard which reads how much debt adults are foisting upon her--$39,339. How is she going to pay for it? Thomas Jefferson had strong opinions on this, one or more generations passing on costs to future generations, considering the practice immoral. As they say in Spanish, "Yo tambien."

Be afraid for our children's future. Be very afraid. But maybe half or more of the posters here don't have children. So I guess they can still be naive and poseurs.

Remember how P.J. O'Rourke explained when he became a conservative--Dec. 4, 1997, at 11:59 pm--the moment he became a father. It is a common response to many to have to suddenly become responsible for another life.

Congress, though, continues to be improvident in the extreme.

And it's always easier to spend other people's money, esp. when one feels morally superior for having advocated it for others. I still view the insight I learned from Murray Rothbard as true: most of what I pay in taxation is a form of theft. In an organized, grand scale, taking from me to give to others in ways the Constitution does not grant power to do in its enumerated rights.
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

The easiest way to stop the out of control spending is to close most of the 600 overseas bases, stop the war in Afghanistan, close Guantanamo, withdraw from Iraq and control all of the DOD spending..

That would make a huge dent.. but as usual this conversation will revert to partisan blogs called "say anything" or "Spencer Tea Party"...
  3. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

We spend too much, but why are so many people only realizing this now? Funny how it was ignored by so many during the Bush years.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +664 / 2 / -9

We also need a "New Congress" replace them ALL, let them serve no more than eight years.
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

And then they will become them, who will be subsidized by the lobbyists.. nothing will ever change, the puppet masters do not want it to..
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010