PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

11 Personalities Guaranteed to Ruin Your Super Bowl Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superbowl parties are fine...if the Patriots aren't involved! I'll just be watching it at home with the family (first time in HD for a Pats' superbowl). The wife, son and I will watch it, my two girls (8 and 11) will be hanging around, probably watching Hannah Montana in the other room not bothering us, it will be nice and peaceful. No annoying people trying to start up a conversation about god knows what right when the Patrtiots are going for it on 4th down. No other family, friends or anyone (like when I tried to watch the week 17 game against the Giants at a family gathering and was ready to kill my nephew because he kept asking stupid questions, obviously he doesn't watch much football). If someone calls (and I recognize the caller ID), there better be someone dying or I'm hanging up)!

I'm the exact same way, I only go to SB parties if the Pats arent involved. I'll be watching the game at home with my girlfriend. I'm so keyed up for this game that if some dimwit started asking me stupid questions in the middle of it I might end up strangling him/her.

. .. ... ....

That is cool. I answer his questions all season long and he knows his stuff. But he likes to go into the whole "imagine if" scenarios and I can't take it during the playoffs. I'm a bad parent I guess :D , but we are coming to an understanding.:)

Maroney dollars, I like that.

I'm the exact same way, I only go to SB parties if the Pats arent involved. I'll be watching the game at home with my girlfriend. I'm so keyed up for this game that if some dimwit started asking me stupid questions in the middle of it I might end up strangling him/her.
One will ask me such question(s), but I don't think I'd better strangle her (my wife). Oh, she's not a dimwit except in sports.

What, you aren't impressed with stale pepperoni pizza that you can fling like a frisbee?

LOL! Same goes for the "Dip Of Unidentifable Ingredients", the "Turkey Chili Because Beef Isn't Healthy" (FU - beef is healthy, especially in large quantities!), the Buffalo Wings of Incredible Sogginess, and "The Communal Bowl of Festering Disease Snack Mix".

As you can see, there's just a wee touch of Monk about me...

The wife and I ran into a loud-mouthed Charger fan yesterday at the Laguna Hills, CA Claim Jumper lounge. After telling me umpty ump times the Chargers were the better team than the Patriots then telling me if I liked Boston so much, why do I live in California...he began to let us know how gay was Brady and how crooked was Belichick. Claim Jumper is a fairly nice restaurant/bar, and this guy was really getting upset...liberally sprinkling his loud voice with four-letter words and getting up off his bar stool to point his finger and emphasize how much the Patriots sucked. We paid our tab and left. Jerk.

That reminds me of the time I was watching the Pats/Bears Superbowl in a bowling alley bar. At the start of the game, someone hit McMahon so hard he did a flip prompting me and a few friends to give a hardy yelp. Hours later.........the game ends and this drunk comes over and starts giving me this nah-nah type taunt. I slowly turn to one of my friends for his reaction which fortunately was a blank stare, otherwise I'm sure I would have punched that guy's lights out.

I need to check with the friend I planned on watching the game. I'm usually over amped for Pats games and even moreso for SB's including the pats. I'll need to see what kind of "SB Party" they are having tomorrow. I wouldn't want to burn any bridges with friends lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes