PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

11 Personalities Guaranteed to Ruin Your Super Bowl Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
They forgot the worst guy of them all. The guy who starts to think the world is falling one every first down given up on defense or any offensive run that only gets one or two yards. This is the guy who at the first sign of any trouble proclaim the Pats are going to lose and how pathetic the team is for blowing it at the wrong point.

So true. This is why I like to watch football alone most of the time.

Thanks for mentioning that. I to like to go the lonely root watching the Pats, Now I feel a little less strange, but still strange none the less.

I think I am at least 3 of those people

DJ Gallo is consistently hilarious.

As others have said, definitely reminds me why I watch alone or with one or two friends.

The wife and I ran into a loud-mouthed Charger fan yesterday at the Laguna Hills, CA Claim Jumper lounge. After telling me umpty ump times the Chargers were the better team than the Patriots then telling me if I liked Boston so much, why do I live in California...he began to let us know how gay was Brady and how crooked was Belichick. Claim Jumper is a fairly nice restaurant/bar, and this guy was really getting upset...liberally sprinkling his loud voice with four-letter words and getting up off his bar stool to point his finger and emphasize how much the Patriots sucked. We paid our tab and left. Jerk.

We will be watching from our living room...just the two of us with the phone off the hook and the cells turned off so my mother-in-law doesn't call after every score in the game telling us one team or the other just scored. She is always a fan of the other team, but the only time she has a football game on is when they play the SB(she doesn't know if a football is pumped up or stuffed)....she just waits until someone scores then calls. If it's the other team, she tells us the Pats are about to get creamed...if it's the Pats, she tells us they got lucky. We learned after the last SB.

This year we lied and told her we would be somewhere else.

How many SB parties will be ruined by the constant ringing of everyone's cell? Does anyone plan to tell their guests they need to check their cell phones at the door as they arrive?

Last edited:
I had a Can I smoke in here guy 2 years ago in my house, he was a friend of my brother. I told him he can smoke in here if I can go to his house and take a dump on his carpet. He actually started to light up...idiot

The wife and I ran into a loud-mouthed Charger fan yesterday at the Laguna Hills, CA Claim Jumper lounge. After telling me umpty up times the Chargers were the better team than the Patriots then telling me if I liked Boston so much, why do I live in California...he began to let us know how gay was Brady and how crooked was Belichick. Claim Jumper is a fairly nice restaurant/bar, and this guy was really getting upset...liberally sprinkling his loud voice with four-letter words and getting up off his bar stool to point his finger and emphasize how much the Patriots sucked. We paid our tab and left. Jerk.

I would have banged that guy in the head with a beer bottle. Stand up for your team and spend a night in the holding cell down at county. JK

They forgot the worst guy of them all. The guy who starts to think the world is falling one every first down given up on defense or any offensive run that only gets one or two yards. This is the guy who at the first sign of any trouble proclaim the Pats are going to lose and how pathetic the team is for blowing it at the wrong point.

Yes! It use to be old buddies (pats fans) from several years ago...now its non-pats fans! I live in PHilly area now & the obniouxous no nothing Iggles fans are in force..

LOL, talk about obnoxious!
Well it's 2 days to the SB and the cable at my house is still out, so I will probably need to go OUT to watch the SB.
Time to look up the sports bars!

The wife and I ran into a loud-mouthed Charger fan yesterday at the Laguna Hills, CA Claim Jumper lounge. After telling me umpty ump times the Chargers were the better team than the Patriots then telling me if I liked Boston so much, why do I live in California...he began to let us know how gay was Brady and how crooked was Belichick. Claim Jumper is a fairly nice restaurant/bar, and this guy was really getting upset...liberally sprinkling his loud voice with four-letter words and getting up off his bar stool to point his finger and emphasize how much the Patriots sucked. We paid our tab and left. Jerk.

We will be watching from our living room...just the two of us with the phone off the hook and the cells turned off so my mother-in-law doesn't call after every score in the game telling us one team or the other just scored. She is always a fan of the other team, but the only time she has a football game on is when they play the SB(she doesn't know if a football is pumped up or stuffed)....she just waits until someone scores then calls. If it's the other team, she tells us the Pats are about to get creamed...if it's the Pats, she tells us they got lucky. We learned after the last SB.

This year we lied and told her we would be somewhere else.

How many SB parties will be ruined by the constant ringing of everyone's cell? Does anyone plan to tell their guests they need to check their cell phones at the door as they arrive?

I watched the AFCCG with an entire family of these people. I wanted to kill myself. Not to mention,we all got there about 5 minutes late, and they were checking the tivo of the game for who won the coin toss, and were not watching the game live. I watched the first half about 6 minutes behind the actual game clock. It was BRUTAL.

Aren't THOSE guys busy posting on the game threads here?
Me, I only watch alone or with die-hard Pats fans and without Pats fans that get all their panties atwist under duress.

That's why I really enjoy watching with Zip & Co at his house. No quiters there.

Superbowl parties are fine...if the Patriots aren't involved! I'll just be watching it at home with the family (first time in HD for a Pats' superbowl). The wife, son and I will watch it, my two girls (8 and 11) will be hanging around, probably watching Hannah Montana in the other room not bothering us, it will be nice and peaceful. No annoying people trying to start up a conversation about god knows what right when the Patrtiots are going for it on 4th down. No other family, friends or anyone (like when I tried to watch the week 17 game against the Giants at a family gathering and was ready to kill my nephew because he kept asking stupid questions, obviously he doesn't watch much football). If someone calls (and I recognize the caller ID), there better be someone dying or I'm hanging up)!

Last edited:
All of those guys, and more, are exactly why I prefer to watch with just my wife and my two kids. The kids are young, so they lose interest after the first 10 minutes and then they go play video games or something till bedtime. I get to watch in peace, with my favorite spot on the couch all to myself.

I don't have to wait to use someone's dirty bathroom.
I don't have to engage in mindless banter with some idiot wearing a jersey of a team not even in the game.
I don't have to say how great the friggin' food is, even though it sucks.
I don't have to worry about someone drinking the good beer that I brought and having to settle for a goddamn Corona Light, Bud, or the like.
I don't have to talk about my life over and over to all these people who I don't know and will never see again.

That's why staying home and watching with just my wife is the best.

All of those guys, and more, are exactly why I prefer to watch with just my wife and my two kids. The kids are young, so they lose interest after the first 10 minutes and then they go play video games or something till bedtime. I get to watch in peace, with my favorite spot on the couch all to myself.

I don't have to wait to use someone's dirty bathroom.
I don't have to engage in mindless banter with some idiot wearing a jersey of a team not even in the game.
I don't have to worry about someone drinking the good beer that I brought and having to settle for a goddamn Corona Light, Bud, or the like.
I don't have to talk about my life over and over to all these people who I don't know and will never see again.

That's why staying home and watching with just my wife is the best.

amen.

10 chars.

that's a great list. i just turned down a "Guy who hasn't paid attention to the NFL in ten years" who wanted to come over on sunday...

Good move, dude, good move. I'm proud of you.

I don't blame them for wanting to jump on board, but they just are not ready to view the game from the same perspective. It's OK if you want to do social. I do, and I don't, so I'll leave at the half, skip the BS, and be home by the time the second half starts.

Of course that would be a guy who also doesn't know that a game is 60 minutes long, and this is a team that plays for 60 minutes, and that most other teams can't do that against this team.

And then you try to explain, and it's like talking Greek to a Chinese guy.

What, you aren't impressed with stale pepperoni pizza that you can fling like a frisbee?

My buddy has a SB party every year and he invites me every year. But I tell him the same thing, if the Pats are in it you don't want me there. I am the overly intense, standing up and yelling at the tv for the entire game guy. I am definitly not someone a casual fan would want at their SB party.

This year a buddy of mine, who isn't a huge fan is coming over but he knows how to act and when not to ask questions. My 10 year old will watch the entire game with me and I will have to tell him to shut up and watch at least 30 times (he is a question asking MACHINE)! My brothers and I are adding a twist for this game, normally during big games we call after each quarter and discuss the game (they are in Maine and I am in Virginia), but they recently bought a phone with speaker capability so we will be on speaker for the entire game. It should be a good time!

My buddy has a SB party every year and he invites me every year. But I tell him the same thing, if the Pats are in it you don't want me there. I am the overly intense, standing up and yelling at the tv for the entire game guy. I am definitly not someone a casual fan would want at their SB party.

Me, in a nutshell. I'll be home watching as well... hopefully Mom will have the kids out shopping or something :rolleyes:

My buddy has a SB party every year and he invites me every year. But I tell him the same thing, if the Pats are in it you don't want me there. I am the overly intense, standing up and yelling at the tv for the entire game guy. I am definitly not someone a casual fan would want at their SB party. That's me, too. I have some new friends who are sports fans and would like to watch the Super Bowl together, but I'm a little self-conscious about screaming at the TV til I'm hoarse in front of them.

This year a buddy of mine, who isn't a huge fan is coming over but he knows how to act and when not to ask questions. My 10 year old will watch the entire game with me and I will have to tell him to shut up and watch at least 30 times (he is a question asking MACHINE)! My kids are, too, but the end result, after awhile, is that they've become really knowledgeable about the Patriots. All numbers encountered in the outside world are referenced to Patriots uniform numbers. My 5-year-old recently said in a store, "Daddy, that costs Lawrence Maroney dollars." My 3-year-old surprised his big brother's kindergarten teacher (a man who's a Giants fan) who called to a student named Eli, and my 3-year-old asked him, "Eli Manning?"
. .. ... ....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back