Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
LMAO...who doesn't know of few of these "personalities"...:D

11 Personalities Guaranteed to Ruin Your Super Bowl Party
By DJ Gallo, Sean McGrane

Many folks agonize over throwing or attending the perfect party, but agony is futile because, really, all Super Bowl parties feature the same things: lots of nachos, lots of beer and the following infuriating cast of characters.

The Guy Who Hasn't Paid Attention to the NFL in a Decade
He won't be able to get over the fact that the 49ers aren't in it this year and may ask if Reggie White or Walter Payton still play football. If you're bored, it's fun to make football references to him all night so he feels like he is some sort of eunuch-like non-man.

The Guy Who's in It for the Commercials
He won't pay attention to the game, but he'll shoot to the TV like a laser when the commercials come on. He'll spend the first few minutes after each commercial break--important plays or not--analyzing what everyone else just saw, routinely mentioning that "that last ad was pretty good, but not even close to the George Costanza Rold Gold ad in '98 or the P-Diddy Pepsi truck ad in '04." This guy also probably loved the Bud Bowl and will get really quiet and attentive during the ads for E.D. drugs.

http://www.cracked.com/article_1584...es-guaranteed-ruin-your-super-bowl-party.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Hysterical! I know a few of these people! The Little Kid killed me. when my boys were smaller and a few of our friends had smaller ones too, we always had the designated kid bowls of chips and such. Affectionately known as, the Booger Bowls. I know it's gross.

So true. This is why I like to watch football alone most of the time.

The "Is it Cool If I Smoke in Here?" Guy

Even though people will be politely smoking in the backyard, at least one guy will pop up during a semi-important moment in the game and ask, "I don't want to miss this drive--is it cool if I smoke in here?" The answer, as always, is an awkward "I guess," although it's definitely not cool at all.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15846...owl-party.html

Oh man, I had this guy at my house for the AFCCG. He was a friend of a friend, and he thought it was the strangest thing that I smoke but don't smoke in my home :confused:

how about the guy that's just around to be annoying and root against your team?

Living in Illinois i'm surrounded by people who don't give a crap about any NFL teams, even the Bears. Then last year comes along and now i'm supposed to believe that all these guys are diehard Bears fans. Like nobody noticed them jumping on the bandwagon.

So while watching pats games, i get crap for every play the other team does or whenever the game is close, then finally if the pats win, you can't say anything back b/c they don't care anyways.

Bunch of losers.

They nailed them all right :imaginary applause smilie:

Nothing's more annoying than the Fantasy Football Guy. I have nothing against fantasy leagues if that's how you get your kicks, but I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT YOUR FANTASY TEAM!!! Nobody cares!

The Guy Who Hasn't Paid Attention to the NFL in a Decade
The Guy Who's in It for the Commercials

This is why I've ammended my plan. I'm going to leave at the half, go home, and focus on the game. I am guaranteed that there will be several drunks at this party that want to talk about everything but the game.

Listen to the game? Never. I can see it coming.

So I'm going to go party for a while and leave. Screw that. I'm not missing the last half because some drunk loudmouth wants to steal the show.

So true. This is why I like to watch football alone most of the time.

I am with you - well that is watching alone. After SB's against Rams and Panthers, I informed my lovely wife that any future SB's involving the Pats will be watched alone. You can have people over but keep them uptairs. The Eagles SB was a blessing not to have 'I'm going to root against your team, just because' guy there. That's the way it will be this Sunday as well.

So I'm going to go party for a while and leave. Screw that. I'm not missing the last half because some drunk loudmouth wants to steal the show.

Yes, I hate that. Nonfans sitting there talking about work, what computer language they are into now. I want to freaking throw them out or put on my headphones.

They forgot the clueless about football person (usually a girl but you never know) asking a never ending stream of questions like who's that guy? why is he doing that? why did he get in trouble for that? whats a down? why are they kicking the ball now? and so on.

Leaving at halftime is clutch. Works every time, and as a bonus you get to miss the ****ty halftime shows.

Thanks to George Thorogood for inspiration.

I watch alone. Yeah! With nobody else.
You know when I watch alone, I prefer to be myself.

Outside of my dad, who is the "The other team only scores when I watch" guy, I can not watch Patriots football with anybody unless I am at the game. I watched the last three SB wins at home alone and I am the son of the team curse guy so I do not mess with a working system.

Last edited:
that's a great list. i just turned down a "Guy who hasn't paid attention to the NFL in ten years" who wanted to come over on sunday...

LMAO...who doesn't know of few of these "personalities"...:D

11 Personalities Guaranteed to Ruin Your Super Bowl Party
By DJ Gallo, Sean McGrane

We need to get some ads like that web site:

adli4.jpg
:D

They missed the "overly nervous, way too intense, sweating bullets and freaking out" guy. That's me.

I was sitting at a local bar with a buddy tonight, watching TV and swapping our predictions for the Super Bowl, the lady sitting next to us is eaves-dropping the whole time and tells us she used to root for the Giants, but has a soft spot for the Pats. She goes on to say that it's too bad they can't just end it in a tie and in the end it's just a game, that's all. Who really cares about it anyways? I was very close to throwing a basket of peanuts at her head. These people suck!

Last edited:
They missed the "overly nervous, way too intense, sweating bullets and freaking out" guy. That's me.

Dad, is that you? It is your son, jgpatriot. :D

My father freaks himself out to the point where he can not watch the game. He will occasionally peek at the tv and the opponent will make a great play. Then he is back hiding until it is safe again to check the score.

Why can't D.J. Gallo fall into an incinerator or something? Aside from his awful humor and extremely weak attempts at satire, he's a Jets fan to boot. What a failure.

I've got a plan to weed some of these people out. I've got the HD projector in my basement for a 90" screen with surround sound. The plan is to turn the sound up loud enough that you have to yell to talk to each other, meanwhile leaving the game on in the living room. This way the people who want to chat about anything and everything but the game have their room to do so, and I don't have to be the prick that kicked out the noisy half-interested people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes