PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10th Final appearance in last 11 years for Boston Sports team

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonBlackmon55

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Unbelievable run for a city in last 11 years, 2001-2012, to have 4 major sports teams be in 10 finals/title games !!! So far we are 7-2, pending SB 46

Patriots - 5 SuperBowl appearances
Red Sox - 2 World Series
Celtics - 2 NBA Finals
Bruins - 1 Stanley Cup Final

For comparison I pulled 1975-2000...14 appearances between the 4 major sports teams and 4 titles(all Celtics)

Patriots - 2 Superbowl appearances (0/2)
Red Sox - 2 World Series (0/2)
Celtics - 6 NBA Finals (4/6)
Bruins - 4 Stanley Cup Finals (0/4)

Enjoy it...We are likely to never see this again, infact unlikely to happen for any city !!!

Last edited:
It truly has been amazing to be a Boston sports fan during this time! AMAZING!

It's crazy. The future is set up well around here as well. The Pats will obviously be great in the next few years, the Bruins are #1 in their conference, they have a chance to start a mini-dynasty of their own. The redsox will always be good, due to them buying half the talent in the league. The Celtics are the only bad team for the future... :(

Last edited:
It's a dream come true for us die-hards who remember the dark ages of the 90's. :D

We are the envy of the sports world, and we are hated because we recognize that. Relish all of it!

Really a good run by Boston teams! I like every team except for the Bruins. As far as I'm concerned, nobody won the stanley cup in 2010-2011. The thing was staged and it was VERY obvious.

Really a good run by Boston teams! I like every team except for the Bruins. As far as I'm concerned, nobody won the stanley cup in 2010-2011. The thing was staged and it was VERY obvious.

Oh bull****....bitter I see? the Bruins destroyed your team on the way. Must be.

Wait what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing