Welcome to PatsFans.com

100 Troops to Africa

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Leave No Doubt, Oct 14, 2011.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Obama:

"Although the U.S. forces are combat equipped, they will only be providing information, advice, and assistance to partner nation forces, and they will not themselves engage LRA forces unless necessary for self defense."
    U.S. Assists with Hunt for Lord's Resistance Army Leader | The Rundown News Blog | PBS NewsHour | PBS

Sound familiar? It should:

"...During this period -- from 1955 through 1960 -- the U.S. had between 750 and 1,500 military advisors assisting the Diem government to establish an effective army, organized as the Military Assistance and Advisory Group (MAAG), Vietnam. By 1960 MAAGV was training more than fifty ARVN (Army of the Republic of Vietnam) Ranger units. At almost the same time, from 1954 to 1959, the Navy Section of MAAGV, worked to develop a viable navy for South Vietnam. Lt. General Samuel T. Williams served almost five years (1955-1960) as chief of MAAG, based in Saigon."
    US Advisors in Vietnam 1955-1965

What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  2. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yup I used to have a thread of the Honor Roll but the HR segment disappeared off PBS :( No wonder, too many wars in too many countries, the logistics of thr HR would be crazy. One show for Iraq, one for Afghanistan, one for Pakistan, one for Africa...and so it goes.

3. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +385 / 6 / -4

#75 Jersey

The LRA are a nasty bunch of f**kers. They kidnap children and turn them into soldiers and/or sex slaves. I don't see the parallel with Vietnam, unless you are saying that you consider people who want to continue such stuff to represent nothing more than an alternative vision for the future of Uganda.

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

If there was no oil in Uganda... wonder if we would have the same level of "compassion".. never trust the sabre rattlers, we have gotten burned so many times by the Masters of War we should all know better by now.

This will only escalate, and more innocents will be slaughtered and the US will have blood on their hands again..

This is the role of a multinational force, the US cannot continue to be policeman for the world's trouble spots..

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -9

This "new war" is all the work of George Clooney & Barack Hussein Obama, Clooney has wanted this war for years, it makes the silly bastard feel all warm and fuzzy, in his little mind he is now a genuine bonafide
    Do-Gooder.

6. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You are making a false choice. There can be a comparison of parallel by looking at the similarities I pointed out in the form of a long-term agenda that is entered into gradually, an especially with the use of humanitarian motives.

I know the LRA are bad. Is this what we're going to beusing the military for?What is the purpose of the US military? What happens if all 100 troops are slaughtered while they sleep? It's a door opening for escalation. Even if there's no such act that might cause instant escalation, escalation in one form or another will come. I hope I'm wrong. I hope we assist in the public flaying of this POS and his Holy Christian warriors. Just another religious nutjob.

Check out the crazy bio of the president of Uganda and our supposed ally, Yoweri Museveni. What a crazy kid:
    Yoweri Museveni - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +357 / 7 / -4

This is something I'd like all presidential candidates asked.

8. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Seems this news cycle has run out.

NEXT!

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +717 / 20 / -30

Next step imbed reporters who sanitize the details and only allow "nice" pictures to be shown to the american public..

10. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

¬Ľ Obama‚Äôs Great African Military Safari Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Another war we'll never get out of.Barack Obama’s New War in Central Africa?
    And just to stay in keeping with War America, US Troops Amassing on Afghan-Pakistan Border
    [/QUOTE]
    .[/QUOTE]US forces 'massing on Afghanistan-Pakistan border' - Telegraph

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +995 / 2 / -9

Obama is a War Monger just like the rest of them.

How quiet the Bush Hater War Protesters are, Bush had Two Wars going, Obama has 4 or 5 but the war whacko's and toy drum beaters are dead silent.

What a tribe of f-cking phony's.

12. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +916 / 14 / -7

Including if you have a patch that says you're among the 3% planning to mutiny under certain circumstances?

Wait, so you have to wait until the enemy misbehaves first? What does this even mean in war, when proper behavior has been defined, to use one oft-quoted phrase, as "organized murder"?

I'm taking it that subordinate is somehow the verb, and compelling modifies surrender... i.e., you're subordinating (whatever is meant by that) a surrender that can be described as compelling???

Does this mean making the guys under you give up? Or what?

Wow, does that Navy Federal Credit Union come with strings attached or what?

Again someone please translate this?

Now this is pretty straightforward, thank God.

13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +514 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Hey!! I should start a new thread on this very topic. Oh boy, am I wicked smaht or what?!

14. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

.[/QUOTE]US forces 'massing on Afghanistan-Pakistan border' - Telegraph[/QUOTE]

...Haqqani Network fighters will be pushed over the Afghan border from North Waziristan and then "encircled, arrested or killed" by American forces lying in wait.

Sounds like we're going into a zone defensde with some pressure from the defensive ends...Football metaphors are so fun with real-life war and mayhem, or is it the other way around?

This tactic is BOUND to work! Why didn't we think about this sooner? Fakrissakes! I swear I saw the Lions pull this the whole third quarter in week three!