Welcome to PatsFans.com

100% chance of rain Sunday

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by QB12, Oct 4, 2013.

1. QB12

QB12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

All-day, according to Accuweather.com. How does this affect the game plan? Does this work to the Patriots advantage or not?
  2. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Change 'Rain' to 'Win' and it's a better title :)
  3. BSR

BSR Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Are you sure you were looking at Cincy because I saw 60%. As for who it helps, probably neither.
  4. MrNathanDrake

MrNathanDrake Rookie

Ratings:
    +79 / 4 / -3

#95 Jersey

Brady throws very well when it rains or snows.... Not sure how Thompkins/Edelman/Dobson catch when the ball is wet.
  5. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +209 / 3 / -1

#95 Jersey

We do know how they catch in the rain...aka the jets crap fest. Please no rain
  6. patfanken

patfanken On the Roster

Ratings:
    +260 / 14 / -8

#91 Jersey

Its NOT the rain that effects the passing game, its the wind. So what's important to that forecast is how much wind there will be.

BTW- Brady is the best bad weather QB in NFL history. Even Joe Montana isn't close in this narrow arena. That's going to be a huge advantage to the Pats should they make it to this year's superbowl in NJ
  7. Bravo777

Bravo777 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I just hope there is no lightning. I'm tired of game delays because of that.
  8. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Rookie

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Weather Underground says 100% probability; could be pretty heavy. Looks like very little wind, but chance of t-storms.

Cincinnati, OH Weather Forecast from Weather Underground
  9. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 2 / -0

I agree, but that "title" counts Brady throwing to Troy Brown and Welker over the years - as well as a handful of pass catching RBs all of whom ran nice short routes in the rain that gave them an advantage over defenders.

As far as his current crop of WRs Edelman is the only one I'd be counting on to be on the same page as Brady running routes in the rain.

That being said, since they've been using the run effectively to set up the pass, I'd expect that to continue in these weather conditions.

It won't be flashy but they can be effective, and if the weather limits the Bengals in the same way I'm still confident they can grab yet another ugly win.
  10. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +193 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

Really, Ken. I love your homerism and if you'd confined it to wind (he drills the ball in, doesn't overreach and doesn't rely on long, arced touch passes) or snow (a slippy field makes the pass rush much harder and, if you give him time, Brady will kill you) I'd not have objected. But I've watched him totally outplayed in the rain. My first NFL game he lost at home to Pennington in the driving rain. And who can forget the "glove/no glove" debates around his poor rain performances in early years?
  11. JMC00

JMC00 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +297 / 5 / -7

He wasn't saying he is unbeatable in bad weather, just that he was the best.