PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10+ wins per season-10 years in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With the win on Monday night this will make the 10th straight year that the Patriots have won 10+ games.

I tried to google to see if this was some kind of a record since the merger of the NFL/AFL. I hate it when they include the old NFL or AFL records that mean nothing in the modern era of football.

To me, being a fan of the Patriots for 40+ years, this is a big deal. I understand that because the streak has lasted so long that many fans consider that to be he normal. I assure it is not.

We have been blessed.

In the Niners run of 16 straight winning seasons from '83 to '98, all 16 had at least 10 wins

That is the record.

The Cowboys had 20 straight winning seasons but had some 8 and 9 game winning seasons in the middle.

Ten of those 16 SF seasons occurred prior to the adoption of FA and the salary cap. Since 1993 I believe the Colts were the only team to approach this level with 9 consecutive 10+ win seasons . I believe something else to watch going forward is our 10 seasons have all occurred under one HC. 10 of SF's were on Walsh's watch, then 6 on Seifert's - in the salary cap FA era. Indy's 9 were split between Dungy and Caldwell.

NE now holds the record in the salary cap/free agency era. And that is quite a distinction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes