Welcome to PatsFans.com

10+ wins per season-10 years in a row.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATSNUTme, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +104 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

With the win on Monday night this will make the 10th straight year that the Patriots have won 10+ games.

I tried to google to see if this was some kind of a record since the merger of the NFL/AFL. I hate it when they include the old NFL or AFL records that mean nothing in the modern era of football.

To me, being a fan of the Patriots for 40+ years, this is a big deal. I understand that because the streak has lasted so long that many fans consider that to be he normal. I assure it is not.

We have been blessed.
  2. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#93 Jersey

In the Niners run of 16 straight winning seasons from '83 to '98, all 16 had at least 10 wins

That is the record.

The Cowboys had 20 straight winning seasons but had some 8 and 9 game winning seasons in the middle.
  3. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Ten of those 16 SF seasons occurred prior to the adoption of FA and the salary cap. Since 1993 I believe the Colts were the only team to approach this level with 9 consecutive 10+ win seasons . I believe something else to watch going forward is our 10 seasons have all occurred under one HC. 10 of SF's were on Walsh's watch, then 6 on Seifert's - in the salary cap FA era. Indy's 9 were split between Dungy and Caldwell.

NE now holds the record in the salary cap/free agency era. And that is quite a distinction.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.