PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 ways you know you're a diehard Patriots fan.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you could shut off the TV and walk away. I was AT the game. I left my seat along with all the other Patriots fans before the trophy presentation and was so dazed I forgot where the rental car was parked. Then came the three-hour drive back to the hotel. I don't regret my decision to go, which was completely logical. But it was the worst night of my football life, by far.

I managed to avoid crying until my husband and I had dropped off our friends and we were alone.

11. You're in a time share seminar in Indiana wearing a Patriots hat, and the speaker notices and says, "Is that a Patriots hat?", you say yes, the crowd starts to look at you dirty, and finally come back with, "Life could be worse for me, I could be a Colts fan."

When you hear the news talk about Patriots and you think they're talking about the Patriots.

My personal experience: When you shun ALL SPORTS for eight months after the Patriots are upset by an inferior team, and especially an inferior quarterback, that will never play that "light's out" for the rest of their careers.

Can anyone even find David Tyree? Is he even still in the NFL?

Last edited:
Did they try to sell you 3 seats for the game? :)

No, but I did get to use the "family" bathroom on its inaugural night! The guy tried to deny me admission at first, but I told him there was no way I could make it down to the lower level to use the facilities (there are NO bathrooms on the 2nd level of Gillette), but he finally said, well I guess you qualify as there are two of you. When I said, "actually there's three of us!" he looked at me kind of funny then stayed WAY out of my way for the rest of the evening (a typical guy reaction to a very pregnant lady, in my experience ;) ).

#1. You attend, watch on TV, or listen on radio every Pats regular season and playoff game from mid 1966 through today. Oh yeah, and about 95% of the pre-season games.

#2. You schedule a critical open heart surgery after the 2004 SB so you can be sure to see it, even though it is 5 weeks later then the Doctors want. You also get to meet TB in MGH while in recovery.

#3. Get married, go on your honeymoon, and get back before the 1988 regular season starts.

That's my story.

Last edited:
Ah yes. I have a whole closet full of shirts, and jerseys that don't fit. I just keep telling myself that i should keep it all because someday i might lose weight, and then it will all fit. :(

I just can't bring myself to discard them due to the logo. I have given up shrinking.

The Chicago Bears shuffle--the lamest video ever--makes you froth at the mouth.

11. Steeler fans have tasted your A-hole

I actually delayed Heart Surgery until after Superbowl XXXIX. I just couldn't bear to miss that game. My doc was terrified I wouldn't last that long, or the excitement would kill me.

I told him point-blank that if New England managed to lose to the Eagles, then life wouldn't be worth living anyway.. :)

I was joking, but he obviously didn't catch on. Jej.

Everything worked out fine, though. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back