PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 ways you know you're a diehard Patriots fan.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
After SB XLII you went outside fell down on the ground and screamed to God..."WHYYYY!!!!"

:eek: Thats ballsy..I wouldnt even wear a Pats jersey in Philly. Nashville? no problem, they're ****ies. But Philly? I thought they shoot Pats fans there?:D

Cowboy fans and Giant fans, they shoot. There is better action in the stands than on the field when those teams come to town. for the Pats, it's grudging respect. As for the Pats jersey, I happened to be in the school for a class presentation by my other son and a teacher walked by and asked, " what kind of parent lets their kid wear a Patriots jersey?" I replied, "one who doesn't walk in lockstep with everybody else and thinks for himself" I think she figured out quickly that it was my kid and the concept of questioning authority doesn't always go over well in the educational environment.

After SB XLII you went outside fell down on the ground and screamed to God..."WHYYYY!!!!"

At least you could speak. I couldnt even utter a single word. I just shut the tv off and we all just sat there staring in a dead silence. Our friends got up and quietly left...no goodbyes...no discussion about what had just happened. It was surreal. I went straight to bed and didnt watch or listen to sports for a week. :cry2:

At least you could speak. I couldnt even utter a single word. I just shut the tv off and we all just sat there staring in a dead silence. Our friends got up and quietly left...no goodbyes...no discussion about what had just happened. It was surreal. I went straight to bed and didnt watch or listen to sports for a week. :cry2:

I came this close to crying: ' '

I guess I'm not a true Pats fan. :(

How do I know???

1)I still hate Don Shula

2)I'd kick Bob Griese in the knees today

3)Every day I draw breath and realize Done Noringo never won a Supe is a great day

4)Knowing 40 years of futility is what you get when you're a fan of the NY Rat/Stool pigeons

5)Hating the Jetmissioner and former Rat employee, spoiled little rich Long Island brat, with an eternal passion

6)Being proud to be a fan of Babe Parrilli, Jim Bo Nance, Bill Lenkaitis and all the rest of the AFL Patriot stars of seasons gone by

7)Taking anything that emanates from the mouth of Steve Grogan as gospel

8)Sitting in extreme weather with a sold out crowd braving winds below zero in the 300 seats and thinking "there's no place else I'd rather be"

9)Red nose, white lips, blue fingers

10)Freckles on my back that form a Flying Elvis logo

Diehard from the day I was born...

Last edited:
You have an old sweatshirt that you haven't fit into since the 1980s, but can't throw it away because it has the Patriots logo on it. The old one.

Ah yes. I have a whole closet full of shirts, and jerseys that don't fit. I just keep telling myself that i should keep it all because someday i might lose weight, and then it will all fit. :(

Are you saying that those Nashville guys would'nt beat the hell out of a fan wearing a Colts jersey to school down there?

Im not sure about in school (im out of the age group), but i seriously doubt it. A colts jersey in Nashville usually means you're a Manning fan. Everyone down here loves Manning because of the UT connection. As for a Pats jersey, hell, the most they do to me is yell "Belicheat", or "Steroid Harrison", stupid crap like that.

You can't eat anything off the grill unless it's cooked in a parking lot

You refer to SB42 as "The game that shall not be named"

You resist the urge to "flip-off" a driver that's cut you off just because they have a Patriots sticker on their car/truck

You throw snow in the air anytime something good happens

You wear your Patriots jersey around town and actually answer to the name on the back (i.e. "Hey, Brady")

A trip to the Patriots Hall of Fame makes you feel like a fifth-grader on their first field trip

Starting to drink at 7:00am on a Sunday and devising a way to sneak nips into the stadium is part of “your game plan”

You cringe at paying $20.99 for a case of beer, but at the game $15.00+tip for two 16oz Bud Lights is reasonable

Your alarm clock plays "Welcome to the Jungle"

You have been going outside in the winter without a coat or gloves on because everyday since the Titans play-off game seems warm

You never ever ever ******* EVER will watch a highlight or look at a picture from that awful game in Glendale.

You will try never to set foot in Arizona again.

A lifelong dream of yours is to run into a Pat in a bar and say "I'm buying."

You are going to college in kansas during the Super Bowl against the Rams. After the field goal is good you jump in your car with 2 buddies, drive to St. Louis with your Brady Jersey, pats pants, pats hat, pats socks, pats sandals on, your pats flag in your hands, stand in the middle of an intersection and wave your patriots flag while singing "We are the Champions" until almost getting hit by a car. True story by yours truly.

When you make a thread on Patsfans and keep a watchful eye on it to see if anyone responds

You beat the hell out of ANYONE you know is named either David or last name Tyree

You take your young son's favorite movie 'Little Giants' and throw it in the garbage

You go on the computer on Septernber 7th,2008 at 4PM and google 'Brady's injury' to check for updates 300 times that day (true story :))

Last edited:

At least you could shut off the TV and walk away. I was AT the game. I left my seat along with all the other Patriots fans before the trophy presentation and was so dazed I forgot where the rental car was parked. Then came the three-hour drive back to the hotel. I don't regret my decision to go, which was completely logical. But it was the worst night of my football life, by far.

11 - i go in the office with a red throwback jersey and a Pat Patriot logo on the helmet
(in a 'soccer country'...) and i start to yell :

Go Pats Go !

A few more:

1. You remember when Schaeffer Stadium existed.
2. When a dentist was the center.
3. When you were excited about the Texas DT, Kenneth Sims.
4. The tremendous let-down when the fourth pregame against Green Bay we lost both Ronnie Lippett and Andre Tippett.
5. When the gloves came off Johnson he'd throw a half-back pass.
6. Steve Grogan or Champagne Tony?
7. A guard pulling to seek and destroy: John Hannah.
8. Grogan lighting up the Jets.
9. Dan Pastorini throwing a TD pass in the playoffs when our defense let up when they heard a whistle (from the crowd, it turned out); Houston beat us that year.
10. You know who Howard Cosell described as the "All-World" TE--not the Seahawk's QB's father.

Sign me up for all of those. However, I think Michael Haynes falling on his butt had more to do with the TD pass than the fake whistle.

#11 You have a seat from the old stadium hanging on your wall.
#12 You know you are dressed formally if you aren't wearing anything that says "Patriots"

11. You watch "Boston Legal" re-runs religiously in the offseason because now and then they make an inside Patriots joke (Shatner: "I don't want to go out 18-1 if you know what I'm saying.") <- true story, aired tonight

12. You still hate Ditka, and you still really really REALLY hate The Fridge.

13. You couldn't even watch a news story about Sec. of Defense William Perry. <- true story

14. You're not so sure about that Admiral Perry character either. <- true story

15. You yelled at your TV "NOT SURE???" when the Pats played the Donks in 01, and Madden said "Two Michigan quarterbacks... and I'm not sure the best one is Brian Griese." <- true story... though it may have been someone other than Madden...

16. You still wonder to this day why SB42 was never played, and they decided to run a weird computer simulation instead.

17. You weren't really worried about the Soviets, and aren't really worried about Iran or Korea, but you're still concerned about the secondary and the linebackers.

18. You go through a turnstile and spontaneously burst into a prayer that Vollmer pans out.

19. Even 20 years ago, you'd rather have dinner with John Hannah or Darryl Stingley than Darryl Hannah.

20. You're in law enforcement, you're taking a guy's name, and he says "John Smith," and even though it's the most common name in the English language, he's way too young, and he doesn't have a British accent, you have to fight back the urge to ask for his autograph.

21. You spend hours in Avid videoshop sticking Patrick Chung's face on top of Neo's in "The Matrix" trilogy, then play every scene where they talk about him being "the one" until the early hours of the morning.

22. You're buying a razor, see a Schick and a Gillette, and regardless of price it's just hilarious that you'd even consider it to be a choice... not just because of the Shrine, but because of the whole Kiam thing.

23. You're convinced the question of life, the universe, and everything, was "Which SB will suck the absolutely worst in the history of mankind?" (wait for it... wait for it...GET IT!... laugh, inside, where it counts.)

24. you're not socially conservative, but convinced that a Bruschi is better than a Roach.

25. You have to go to court, but refuse to hire a Lawyer... then tell the judge you have no use for Law.

26. You rip the Book of Samuel out of your bible. I and II.

27. You watch old Star Trek The Next Generation shows where they talk to the Borg... and completely understand their society's weird philosophy about the "urge for perfection."

28. It's the middle of June and you're making up "You're a die-hard Patriots fan if..." lists.

11. If your FF teams resemble this:

QB - Tom Brady
WR - Randy Moss
WR - Wes Welker
RB - Sammy Morris
RB - Fred Taylor
TE - Benjamin Watson
W/R - Joey Galloway
BN - Laurance Maroney
BN - Benjarvus Green-Ellis
BN - Alex Smith
BN - Kevin Faulk
BN - Greg Lewis
BN - Kevin O'Connell
BN - Chris Baker
BN - Julian Edelman

11) You risk bodily harm wearing a BB Hoodie with the sleeves cut off on Second Avenue (i.e., near the bars) in Manhattan after the Pats beat the Jets on a Sunday afternoon.

Last edited:
11. You go to the 1st game of the 2002 season when you are 7 mos. pregnant with twins when you are on partial bed rest because you can't miss the opening of the new stadium and you can't wait to see the beatdown of Kordell Stewart you KNOW is going to be delivered that night. Then you proceed to the bathroom and to hit the people in front of you in the head at least 6 times each with your belly because it's 90 degrees and you had to drink 10 gallons of water in the parking lot to avoid dehydration and pre-term labor. And you still think it was totally worth it.

11. You watch "Boston Legal" re-runs religiously in the offseason because now and then they make an inside Patriots joke (Shatner: "I don't want to go out 18-1 if you know what I'm saying.") <- true story, aired tonight

You're a friggin' genius, do you know that?

11. You go to the 1st game of the 2002 season when you are 7 mos. pregnant with twins when you are on partial bed rest because you can't miss the opening of the new stadium and you can't wait to see the beatdown of Kordell Stewart you KNOW is going to be delivered that night. Then you proceed to the bathroom and to hit the people in front of you in the head at least 6 times each with your belly because it's 90 degrees and you had to drink 10 gallons of water in the parking lot to avoid dehydration and pre-term labor. And you still think it was totally worth it.

Did they try to sell you 3 seats for the game? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back