PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 trades that need to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
That is the title of this article - I added the ?.

NFL - - FOX Sports on MSN

The Patriots are mentioned in 2 of them.

4. TE Ben Watson to the Bengals: This talented New England tight end has run into a numbers battle with Alex Smith and Chris Baker pushing for playing time. The Bengals, meanwhile, have a desperate need with Ben Utecht (concussion) on IR and Reggie Kelly hurt. Carson Palmer's new tight end is Daniel Coats, who played fullback last season. Palmer definitely needs some receiving help.

7. QB A.J. Feeley to the Patriots: It's amazing how many times Feeley has been traded for a non-starter. The Eagles don't need him anymore with Michael Vick and Kevin Kolb around — Coach Andy Reid can survive with Donovan McNabb and Kolb until Vick is eligible in October — and the Patriots are looking because 2008 third-round pick Kevin O'Connell was released. Luke McCown would be great behind Tom Brady, but he's too pricey.

Last edited:
great, what do we get back from the Bengals?

What is with these "experts" ? I know, I know... media you say... but seriously ? I don't go to my job unprepared. If I did, my superior would call me in.

Baker is #1. Smith is on the bubble at best. Thomas is probably #2 at this point. And Watson is there for reasonable dollars and has experience. As much as people put hi down, Watson is ahead of Smith, I'd have to believe.

Watson for Chad Johnson. Done deal.

1. WR Brandon Marshall to the Ravens: Baltimore GM Ozzie Newsome finally found his quarterback last year, drafting Joe Flacco. But the receiving corps is aging and always nicked up. The Broncos want a high pick or picks for Marshall and the Ravens can afford to deal a first-round choice, knowing it should be in the bottom of the round.

Remember when Terrell Owens was supposed to have been traded to Baltimore for a draft pick? 49ers get 51st overall pick in return - NFL - ESPN

I don't see this as a real possibility. Baltimore will have to be content with a healthy Mason and Heap and the emerging Rice as the main beneficiaries of Flacco's passes. Moreover, I don't see Brandon Marshall being traded to the Jets either. I read Denver is seeking David Harris and a first round pick.

Feeley also happens to a tie to Boston. His wife, Heather Mitts, is a defender for the Boston Breakers of the Women's Professional Soccer league.

Report: Patriots Front-Runners to Acquire Quarterback A.J. Feeley - New England Patriots - NESN.com

Look guys, i'm fine with walter. If the Raiders were content having him as their backup then I sure as hell will too :D

I posted that article because I thought some of his "trades" were interesting. However, when you "trade" you get something back in return.Maybe he could have given some idea of the values of the trades he is advocating.

Last edited:
Watson to Cinci could work, perhaps for a 4th.
I'm not sure that Belichick wants Feeley, but giving a TE makes sense or a 4th.

Would a 4th be too little for Watson in his last year?
Would 4th be too much for Feeley?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back