PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 Things I Love About the Patriots So Far This Season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDeb

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Geez people, in case you didn't get the memo, WE WON! I come on here expecting at least some positive threads, but finding none, I'll start one myself.

1. We're 4-1 heading into the bye and everyone one else in our division lost today!

2. We've beaten everyone in the division so far, so we are 2 games up in the win column, but really 3 since we have beaten the Jests, Buffoonalo and the Fish once each.

3. Even though the offense wasn't stellar, we had no turnovers (except for bonehead Faulk on special teams) and scored 20 points against a defense that always gives us loads of trouble. We also could have scored more if need be as we took a knee with over a minute on the clock in chip-shot field goal range.

4. Troy Brown is still an awesome player and hasn't lost the knack for the big play at the right time despite the fact that he is ancient by NFL standards.

5. The lousy field condition worked the way it was supposed to today, that is to our advantage. The Gost didn't miss, but Miami missed one, possibly two FGs because of the lousy conditions.

6. Our ball hawking defense, which was woefully absent last year at this time, has started to show up in the last two weeks.

7. Our "bend but don't break" defense, which was also woefully absent at this time last year, has also shown up the last two weeks.

8. Even when Tom Brady plays mediocre, he still wins, and he will strive to get better going forward.

9. The Patriots almost always play better as the season goes on, and we're 4-1 during a time when except for the Cincinati game, all three phases of our game haven't clicked at the same time. Imagine what will happen when they do!!

10. We have two weeks for our boys to rest up and get things clicking going forward. I love our chances!!

I could post more, but these are the ones that came into my head. Feel free to add, although I hope it will be more positives rather than negatives. There are other threads for that already. :)

That's quite an Odyssey, Homer.:D

RayClay said:
That's quite an Odyssey, Homer.:D

Getting through all the negative threads is more of an odyssey (or maybe it makes me Il(iad) :)

I agree with most of your conclusions...
We are doing well so far given the circumstances.
We are definately a Playoff team.
There is room for improvement...

PatsDeb said:
Getting through all the negative threads is more of an odyssey (or maybe it makes me Il(iad) :)

Well quit illin' and start chillin'. It's bye week and we're 4-1.:D

11. It seems like Junior is starting to stay home on those stretch and cut back runs, resulting in less big gainers on the ground.

12. Hawkins seems to be the real deal at safety.

11. We have another crazily productive draft class (the best in recent memory.) Oh no!!! The Dolphins stopped Maroney!!! OH MY GOD!!!! He'll never rush for another yard again!!! Uh...no.

12. Anybody notice how the annointed new guard in the AFC East has crumbled? We own the East... the only downside is getting ****y. The upside is, we will be tuning up, not fighting for a spot, in December (as it looks right now.)

13. Denver's over.

14. Depth: No one guy, or no one string, is necessary for the Pats to succeed, except (we think) Brady. Sure that depth's a Belichik hallmark by now... but at least this year seems to be no different.

15. We've seen the passing game go in and out of phase. When the passing game is mediocre, we can win against the Miamis of the world anyway... and that's most of what we face in the regular season. A long long time before it HAS to be all three phases every game. Reasons for concern? Yeah. Have we seen reasons for hope? Um, remember Gabriel before this week? Even Caldwell's flashes of competence? Watson's good days? Brady can hit the open man (especially when we're telling him to pass.) The big fear was nobody could get open. Wrong and incorrect.

(By the way, I am really really missing Branch and Givens' production. Look what they've made happen in Tennessee and Seattle.)

This place is nuts. They're a good team with problems, not a mediocre team struggling to look like what they're not.

Call me crazy, but I don't see the Pats getting "demolished" by the Bears, like most other teams have been.

I certainly don't see that happening in February, Bears or whoever.

PFnV

Add:

1. Rodney Harrison is already back on the field (close to a miracle in itself) and he has started to lay the wood like his old, awesome self.

2. Laurence Maroney. (Say no more.)

3. We have played one great all-round game.

4. We have got fantastic contributions from a whole range of contributors -- Mike Wright, Jarvis Green, the Hawk, dear old Hank Poteat, Kevin Faulk (remember that touchdown catch?) and many, many more.

5. No game is beyond us -- none can be taken for granted.

Really starting to like Chad Scott-

Special teams coverage is the best it's been in 3 yrs.-

O-line pass blocking much improved over last yr. Not so many late hits that aren't called--New RT's are all better than Gorin.

Run D is improving--Ty Warren coming into his own.

3rd down D is improving--good team defense.

Good job, PatsDeb. Sure the Pats have work to do, but its also nice to see a realistic thread started here.

Good job, for me it is the play of the D line, this defense starts in the trenches and they have done a fine job clogging it up, keeping stuff inside, hurrying the passer.. getting a lot of tipped passes.. some sacks.. they will never be sexy, but after it is all said and done they are the strength of this defense.

1. Rodney is back.

2. We started the season 4-1.

3. We have won 3 division games.

4. Despite all the injuries in the secondary, the defense continues to play strong, only allowed 10 points yesterday and caused turnovers resulting in points.

5. Seymour, Warrren, Wilfork, Green.

PatsDeb, you need to add that the good karma coming out of Gillette is allowing you to kick butt in the predict the score contest ;)

PatsDeb said:
Geez people, in case you didn't get the memo, WE WON! I come on here expecting at least some positive threads, but finding none, I'll start one myself.

1. We're 4-1 heading into the bye and everyone one else in our division lost today!

2. We've beaten everyone in the division so far, so we are 2 games up in the win column, but really 3 since we have beaten the Jests, Buffoonalo and the Fish once each.

3. Even though the offense wasn't stellar, we had no turnovers (except for bonehead Faulk on special teams) and scored 20 points against a defense that always gives us loads of trouble. We also could have scored more if need be as we took a knee with over a minute on the clock in chip-shot field goal range.

4. Troy Brown is still an awesome player and hasn't lost the knack for the big play at the right time despite the fact that he is ancient by NFL standards.

5. The lousy field condition worked the way it was supposed to today, that is to our advantage. The Gost didn't miss, but Miami missed one, possibly two FGs because of the lousy conditions.

6. Our ball hawking defense, which was woefully absent last year at this time, has started to show up in the last two weeks.

7. Our "bend but don't break" defense, which was also woefully absent at this time last year, has also shown up the last two weeks.

8. Even when Tom Brady plays mediocre, he still wins, and he will strive to get better going forward.

9. The Patriots almost always play better as the season goes on, and we're 4-1 during a time when except for the Cincinati game, all three phases of our game haven't clicked at the same time. Imagine what will happen when they do!!

10. We have two weeks for our boys to rest up and get things clicking going forward. I love our chances!!

I could post more, but these are the ones that came into my head. Feel free to add, although I hope it will be more positives rather than negatives. There are other threads for that already. :)

I absolutely loved your post.

Alot of people look for the smallest reason to complain about anything, including a win. Some others here realize that every team has flaws. And every team makes mistakes within each game. And that the fact that you can still come out of the game with a W is ALL THAT MATTERS.

Many of these same people were complaining on the way to each SB championship. So I'm sure they'll complain at every given opportunity this season, even if we go 12-4 and head into the playoffs with home field advantage.

It's just in some peoples nature. They always think they could do it better, and thusly can't enjoy anything about a W because they'd have done it PERFECT. Righhttttt. That's why we're on the couch, and they're getting paid to bring home the Lombardis. Right?? :D

1. Colts and Bears are at home.

2. Last 8 games include Jets, Texans, Titans, Lions, and Packers.

3. Save 2002, The team always plays better down the stretch, and that should happen again as the team improves offensive chemistry

Another thing to like about the Patriots this season - they consistently prove NEM wrong, though he does give them a big assist.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Another thing to like about the Patriots this season - they consistently prove NEM wrong, though he does give them a big assist.

Haha. I needed a good laugh.

Starting with this post I will respond only to intelligent posts.

I really like this team. I like the points you made.
I sum up the team this way.

Best running game we have had, not perfect every week but the best we've had.

Best offensive line we have had along with quality depth

Very Good tight end corps with different strengths.

Very good defensive line whether 3-4 or 4-3

Good linebackers with more depth than expected at beginning of the year.

Good secondary with good depth.

Adequate receivers, but a good upside, should continue to improve.

Best QB in football, still hasn't hit his stride for the year, will continue to improve along with receivers.

Best HC in football. Emerging DC and OC (sorry, I think he does ok).

Great ownership and Personnel management.

The season is a marathon not a sprint and I think our legs are strong and our breathing is good. I think we will be in the finishing group in February.

This team has seldom been the best in talent but its alway been the best in knowing how to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back