PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 straight on the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sivy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been brought up...but dont people realize that the giants 10 straight on the road winning streak that they boast about is only possible because they had to be bad enough to get zero home playoff games?

you know whats better? 18 straight games home and away.

Just saw nfln and the giants were showing their rings, and I had to post this.

Sorry if this has already been brought up...but dont people realize that the giants 10 straight on the road winning streak that they boast about is only possible because they had to be bad enough to get zero home playoff games?

you know whats better? 18 straight games home and away.

Just saw nfln and the giants were showing their rings, and I had to post this.

18 straight is better because it is longer but you can't deny that 10 straight road wins is pretty impressive. In this leagues wins can be tough to come by never mind winning on someone elses turf that many times in a row.

Just cause the SB win was Flukey doesn't mean we have to down play what they accomplished.

They won. We're much closer to the start of this season than the end of last season, so let's move on.

The Giants really came together at the end of the year, and I definitely can't say anything bad about that. Their defense was just unbelievable.

I'll be interested to see if they can carry it over into this season...

I'm not saying that when faced with it, they didnt rise to the challenge. My point is, that to even get to be able to win 10 straight on the road, they had to suck to begin with.

Here's another interesting factoid: the Patriots have won 14 straight at home (including playoffs) . . . for the second time this decade.

I think the Giants 10 straight road wins was pretty impressive especially since it ended with a Super Bowl win. Why do people want to try to minimize what they did? Good for them. I don't think they will repeat as Super Bowl winners or even win the NFC East this year, but I think they deserve their due.

How many people here were pissed when Rams fans minimized the Patriots 2001 season?

Here's another interesting factoid: the Patriots have won 14 straight at home (including playoffs) . . . for the second time this decade.

That's fun to think about. :D

Let's hope for another 14 in a row!

The bottom line is this: the Giants deserve all the kudos they get for that run last year. Call it a fluke, say they won the Super Bowl on a miracle catch that will never happen again, actually say whatever you want. The bottom line is the Giants ran the gauntlet to win the Super Bowl. They will always have my respect because of that. We barely squeaked by them in Week 16 then they went on to take out three division winners in a row to get to the Super Bowl. They had a defensive slugfest with another stellar defense in the Bucs. They then went INTO Dallas, whom had beaten them twice this year and won their division, and beat them there. Dallas is a very tough place to pull out a win but then the Giants went on the road again to an even tougher place to win in January and beat the Packers in weather favorable to the great Brett Favre. AFTER that, they then went on and held the greatest offense this league has ever seen to 14 points to win the Super Bowl. They beat, arguably, one of the most clutch QBs of all time in the big game as well. They have my respect and deserve it from all of you as well.

I'm not saying that when faced with it, they didnt rise to the challenge. My point is, that to even get to be able to win 10 straight on the road, they had to suck to begin with.

I don't know if you get in the playoffs and win the Super Bowl, you don't suck. You have to remember that they were in the division with the best NFC team recordwise and had the third best record in the NFC. The Giants didn't suck. They were just a Wild Card team because they were in a division with a team that had 13 wins.

And let's remember that luck played a big part in a couple of those 18 in a row for us. Luck is part of the NFL.

And let's remember that luck played a big part in a couple of those 18 in a row for us. Luck is part of the NFL.

Yea, but does that change or diminish the accomplishment?

And I only remember luck in one game, that would be the Balt. game where the Time out was called - That was lucky as hell.

Huh?

What the heck are you talking about?

Not at all. That's what I'm saying. The Vagiants deserve kudos. And to get decimated all year long. ;)

I don't know if you get in the playoffs and win the Super Bowl, you don't suck. You have to remember that they were in the division with the best NFC team recordwise and had the third best record in the NFC. The Giants didn't suck. They were just a Wild Card team because they were in a division with a team that had 13 wins.

The Giants played a great game in the Super Bowl but let's call a spade a spade, please.

They beat a 9-7 Tampa Bay Bucs team that had a solid defense but truly struggled to do anything on offense. They then went into Dallas and beat Dallas - a team whose quarterback can cough up a game pretty easily, whose head coach thought the way to beat the Patriots was to take away their running game, and whose mercurial WR was coming off of an injury. A Dallas choke in the playoffs was the easiest thing to predict last season.

They then went into Green Bay and won because Brett Favre became the Brett Favre we had all come to expect the last four years. They played terribly in that game and Favre handed them the ball in field goal range in OT.

They then won against the Patriots because of a miracle catch. I give them all the credit in the world for keeping the game close up to that point and playing lights out defense until the fourth quarter, but they won because David Tyree caught a ball on his helmet after Eli Manning squirmed out of at least two tackles.

In the end, being the worst Super Bowl winner ever is better than the best Super Bowl loser, but there is a reason why the Giants winning is the biggest upset in NFL history. Paying your respects to them shouldn't blind you of that fact.

Not at all. That's what I'm saying. The Vagiants deserve kudos. And to get decimated all year long. ;)

Bigger news here is that we will TIE that record on October the 5th and Break that record the next week. I mean, the Super Bowl loss is crushing and I'd trade ANY win for that Super Bowl - But that undefeated season is opening up so many records to this team that it's nuts.

I'm not saying the Vagiants (excellent name, by the way) sucked, but just because they made the playoffs in the NFC doesn't mean they didn't.

I'm not saying the Vagiants (excellent name, by the way) sucked, but just because they made the playoffs in the NFC doesn't mean they didn't.

Let's put it this way: if the Vagiants sucked, then we are pretty f'n terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes