PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 Reasons why we will get to our Destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEPettyOfficer72

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
1. Tom Brady - Perhaps the greatest QB of all time, regardless of Era.

2. Danny Woodhead - I say him and not Law Firm because he adds that extra threat out of the backfield that demands attention. He is extremely fast, elusive and dangerous in space. Not only that but he is great at draws, screens, coming off the edge and receiving balls out of the backfield. Like having Kevin Faulk, but closer to Marshall Faulk, because of his more dynamic and more dangerous running ability. Allows BenJarvus Green-Ellis to be even more effective than what he has already become and takes alot of attention away from receivers with peaking defender's eyes in the backfield

3. Rob Gronkowski - Yes, both Tight Ends are of ours are dynamic but I believe that Rob Gronkowski has really separated himself from other top Tight Ends in this league. With the size, speed, hands, ability to separate, as well as breaking tackles .. oh and by the way, he can block makes him about as dangerous if not more than Antonio Gates. And I say that because not only do defenses not have an answer for him, but he elevates Hernandez's game as well. He simply changes the game and the way his opponents have to adjust, and reminds me alot of Mark Bavaro. My projection of the next perrennial probowl TE in the NFL along with Witten, Gates, Clark and Gonzalez.

4. Logan Mankins and Brian Waters - Logan Mankins is the best Offensive Guard in football and does a great job of anchoring that line but I think that Brian Waters can still do close to the same as a savvy Vet. Extremely solid pick up and because of those two, makes for one of the most effective O-Lines in the NFL

5. Wes Welker - Simply too much to handle. He is too quick, too smart, too tough and has very good hands. A definite top playmaker at his position in the NFL who demands attention all the time. The greatest "Slot" receiver ever, putting Brandon Stokley to shame. Free's up alot of space taking alot of attention Deion Branch, Danny Woodhead, Chad Ochocinco and the Tight Ends.

6. Vince Wilfork - Impact player who is simply the best around not name Haloti Ngata. Defenitely one of the most athletic, and dynamic defensive tackles around in years.

7. Albert Haynesworth - As he gets settled back into football, and into a healthy season I believe you can only keep a player like this down but for so long. With new motivation and drive, you have to believe that eventually, the giant will awaken and create some issues along with Wilfork for Offensive Lines. His presence and play should free up alot of space for the Linebackers, Mayo and company to roam. Not only that but his potential play and presence can also cover the secondary, and improve pass rush as well. He will be main engine to making the Andre Carter, Mark Anderson and Shaun Ellis rotation work by wearing OLineman down, taking up double teams, freeing up space and making it easier to come off the edge for those defensive ends.

8. Jerod Mayo - Playmaker, and not much more to be said

9. Devin McCourty - Still do not believe a rookie season like last year was not a fluke. Extremely gifted athlete who can make all the plays and sometimes can fall victim to trying to maintain everyone else around him playing at a high level. And still manages to impact a game in one way or another.

10. Patrick Chung - Even though alot is still remained to be seen, he is still observed as an ultra-aggresive player who can blitz as well as anyone at his position, and is steadily improving in coverage. Wants to be a playmaker, can be, will be and is becoming a playmaker and a sure tackler. Like an extra Linebacker when he's in the box who will I think become an all around good safety. Has all the tools neccessary to develop into a very good and consistent cover guy like Rodney Harrison and Lawyer Milloy. And they started out the same way he did.

"Still do not believe a rookie season like last year was not a fluke."

Wait. What?

You forgot the most important reason: Bill Belichick. :rocker:

"Still do not believe a rookie season like last year was not a fluke."

Wait. What?

You forgot the most important reason: Bill Belichick. :rocker:

You beat me to it!

Last edited:
The great thing about the NFL is it could be a guy like Matthew Slater making a special teams play, or Julian Edelman returning a punt, or Dan Connolly returning a kickoff for a TD :rocker:

Or even some obscure Tuck Rule :eek:

You just never know!

Might want to add #11 to that, being as to who the Head Coach is

Top 3 Reasons...

1. Bill Belicheck - No coach puts their team in a better position to succeed.

2. Tom Brady - No QB gives their team a better chance to win

3. Dante Scarnecchia - Without him, reason #2 doesn't work, I've said it before, Dante is much more valuable to this team then Bill O'Brien.

Reason # 11: Adam Seward will come out of retirement and lead the patriots to the superbowl

Yet our system is easily defeated by targeting the key element in it, the quarterback, as the Jets did in our last playoff game.

When you successfully neutralize #1, all the options are useless. What about the running game, you ask? Good question! Let's ask BOB that.

Gates is a good blocking TE? Gronk is most similar with Witten.

Yet our system is easily defeated by targeting the key element in it, the quarterback, as the Jets did in our last playoff game.

When you successfully neutralize #1, all the options are useless. What about the running game, you ask? Good question! Let's ask BOB that.

The run game is in its infant stage.

We saw a little bit of Ridely last week and both Ridely and Vereen are at practice. I believe the Pats will be a team that can run the ball effectively later in the season.

4 relatively fresh RBs and 5 if Faulk makes it back.

Clark is a perennial Pro Bowler? He made it once.

I agree with the greatest equalizer of all, Bill Belichick and his staff.

#2 wants to highlight Woodhead over BJGE, and there is always the subtlety that BJGE is not a good back.. what is not to like about a back who very seldom gets negative yards, very seldom if ever dances before he hits the hole, has a nose for the goal line and has never fumbled???

BJGE is the man, and he becomes more effective as the season progresses...

Don't forget about Lady Luck.

I'd say (with the possible exception of the 2007 Patriots) that every team needs a little bit of luck to make it to the big game.

The run game is in its infant stage.

We saw a little bit of Ridely last week and both Ridely and Vereen are at practice. I believe the Pats will be a team that can run the ball effectively later in the season.

4 relatively fresh RBs and 5 if Faulk makes it back.

It's not in its infant stage. We had 18 rushing TDs last year in the regular season. I can't remember the last time we got that many rushing TDs in the Belichick era.

BJGE deserves a mention. He might not make huge, highlight reel runs but he's crucial to the offense. Almost never fails to gain at least a couple of yards and never fumbles. Whereas other running backs around the league can be more flashy and spectacular few are as consistent and reliable as The Law Firm.

This continues to be one of our Achilles heels......like Billick is saying on eei right now...."you need to pressure Tom Brady EVERY down....and take your chances!....got to make him uncomfortable....otherwise he'll slice u up like a surgeon". Only other weakness is lack of pass rush...

This continues to be one of our Achilles heels......like Billick is saying on eei right now...."you need to pressure Tom Brady EVERY down....and take your chances!....got to make him uncomfortable....otherwise he'll slice u up like a surgeon". Only other weakness is lack of pass rush...

I believe the no huddle O will be BB's answer to the bull rush pressure tactics. Wear 'em down and the pressure will subside.
Did anyone notice the Pats pass pressure effort in the 4th qtr vs SD. Our boys were gassed to their limits and our DEs would make an initial move...then just rest if the play moved away from them. They were toast.

Tom Brady is unstoppable. I'm sure if he could, he would go out and play D as well.

Nice list, NEPettyOfficer72. I enjoyed your positive take on things.

2. Woodhead: I love Woodhead, but he scares the hell out of me when blocking (or trying to block) blitzers. Tough little bastard, but there's only so much he can do and he does get run over sometimes. And you know what that leads to.

I'm hoping for more Ridley.

Excellent thread, really enjoyed that read. Hoping for a result this weekend to justify sleeping at my desk at work monday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes