PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 Reasons why I think this rematch will be different and the Pats will win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gut feeling is that if we don't stay balanced it won't go well for us. Nothing would make me happier than establishing the run early and wearing that Defense down. Id like to see Gronk stay in and block plenty early on then start releasing. Our no huddle will be a huge asset as the giants pass rush does get winded often and their back end is suspect. We need to play a lot of zone against their receivers and prevent the big play. Most importantly,

PROTECT BRADY

I agree with you. My biggest concern was that, but it's gone now after Sunday. I was thinking about this being the biggest need in the off season because they have become so one dimensional it's scary.

But now I realize they are like that because they can be. Not because they can't run. Clearly they can run. The pass just works too damn well and most teams can't match up to take it away like Baltimore did.

I mean they weren't just running it, but running damn well. I missed it actually. It was like rooting for Tebow to complete a pass. First time I saw it I was like "wow..Pats can run the ball on the Ravens defense? Sahweet. This game is gonna be interesting" It was nice to see again.

I feel even more confident going into the Super Bowl after that and the way in which they won. Pats can win ugly too this time around and that's what they were missing in 2007. They made sure to have all their ducks in a row. Got the whole spirituality thing going too with MHK.

Not only do I like it, but I'm not going to let Giants fans have all the fun. You only get to the Super Bowl once in God knows when, and regardless of what happens, regardless of the fact Brady's one classy dude...it doesn't mean I have to be and am tired of this fan base being pushed around.

Pats don't have to prove themselves to other teams. They have to prove themselves to us. Call me an elitist snob. Pats are 15-3. I'm supposed to be d%#*!@t and even if you act reasonable, you still get treated like one....might as well play the role and have fun with it:D

1) No Michael Strahan - Mike was the leader of that defense and really gave it all and those around him played better just with him being in there.

2) No Koppen - Dan was a decent center but in that SB Tuck repeatedly came rushing between the tackles and got to Brady....I think Connolly and even Wendell are better at pass blocking than Dan was.

3) Gronkowski,Hernandez,Branch and Welker are arguably a better overall receiving corps than Moss,Welker,Gaffney and Stallworth and the Giants cant simply double anyone because that leaves at least one man open every passing play.

4) No dreck in the backfield like Phony Maroney - Teams respect a hard runner like BJGE more than the dancing fool we had in 2007..... BJGE made a statement yesterday to respect the run because he will burn you if you don't.

5) Red Zone Defense is much better than it was in 2007 - I think the way this defense is made,Eli doesn't get that easy toss to Plaxico to end the game

6) Our linebackers are younger,faster and likely not to wear down late in the SB like it looked in 2007

7) Tom Brady wants revenge over the Giants ruining what might have been the greatest season ever.

8) You don't beat a Belichick/Brady team 3 times in a row......I do not believe that a single team has ever had a 3 game win streak against the Pats since Belichick arrived and the Giants won the last 2 meetings.

9) No 9-7 team ever won the Super Bowl

10) Brady is well known to play extremely well in roofed stadiums...I don't believe the Cardinals stadium in 2007 had a roof.

any more reasons?...please feel free to add any or disagree with anything I posted

I like our chances in this game......A Lot...and this comes from a very Pessimistic sports fan. :cool:

11) Karma - The players dedicated this season to Myra Kraft, who was probably one of the most giving and caring person on the planet. In many ways, I think that the players all feel that deep in their souls and it touches them in a very special way.

Fate has brought this team together and made it gel at the right time through their hard work. The journey through this season has almost been cathartic as a fan. Sweeping the hated Jets, beating Indy (hated rival), Sweeping the Donkeys and ending their season (returning the favor from 2005), and beating the Ravens in stunning fashion to advance to the super bowl to avenge the horrible playoff loss in 2009.

....... And now we get to go back and right the single biggest loss in this franchises history by beating a mediocre regular season team that got hot during the playoff, but it really never was in the conversation of top-teams in the NFL this season (ala NO, GB, Pats, etc....).

This is the ULTIMATE sports mulligan and this scenario is the stuff they make cheesy sport movies about....... Seriously.

No way we lose this game.

Last edited:
No way we lose this game?

No wonder other teams fans hate us....

If Brady throws 2 ints and no TDs again...we will lose the game

No way we lose this game?

No wonder other teams fans hate us....

If Brady throws 2 ints and no TDs again...we will lose the game

Nope....... that won't happen......... Go ahead and rant on about "ways were gonna lose" this game if you want, but I don't think we will.

We certainly can lose.... Every given Sunday and all that crap.... I just don't think we will.

We were down to Tracy White at LB and no Chung on the last drive and it took a crazy TE catch to keep that drive going. That **** can't keep happening.

We were down to Tracy White at LB and no Chung on the last drive and it took a crazy TE catch to keep that drive going. That **** can't keep happening.

i hope the law of averages kicks in before it makes pats nation go nuts. how many fluky plays can they keep getting?

Wilfork has engaged beast mode as well. I like our Dline going against their oline, especially Wilfork vs Baas. They shouldn't be able to run the ball at all.

Chung has been horrid in coverage

I'm not sure if you're serious.

You don't think?

17 TDs in only his second season, a sure-fire mismatch, outrunning linebackers and abusing DB's, and a monster blocker to top it all. I think he's one of the biggest game-changers we've ever had.

Many of the things he does doesn't show up on the stat sheet. He just about beheaded Suggs yesterday and Suggs wasn't the same for the rest of the game.

1) No Michael Strahan - Mike was the leader of that defense and really gave it all and those around him played better just with him being in there.

2) No Koppen - Dan was a decent center but in that SB Tuck repeatedly came rushing between the tackles and got to Brady....I think Connolly and even Wendell are better at pass blocking than Dan was.

3) Gronkowski,Hernandez,Branch and Welker are arguably a better overall receiving corps than Moss,Welker,Gaffney and Stallworth and the Giants cant simply double anyone because that leaves at least one man open every passing play.

4) No dreck in the backfield like Phony Maroney - Teams respect a hard runner like BJGE more than the dancing fool we had in 2007..... BJGE made a statement yesterday to respect the run because he will burn you if you don't.

5) Red Zone Defense is much better than it was in 2007 - I think the way this defense is made,Eli doesn't get that easy toss to Plaxico to end the game

6) Our linebackers are younger,faster and likely not to wear down late in the SB like it looked in 2007

7) Tom Brady wants revenge over the Giants ruining what might have been the greatest season ever.

8) You don't beat a Belichick/Brady team 3 times in a row......I do not believe that a single team has ever had a 3 game win streak against the Pats since Belichick arrived and the Giants won the last 2 meetings.

9) No 9-7 team ever won the Super Bowl

10) Brady is well known to play extremely well in roofed stadiums...I don't believe the Cardinals stadium in 2007 had a roof.

any more reasons?...please feel free to add any or disagree with anything I posted

I like our chances in this game......A Lot...and this comes from a very Pessimistic sports fan. :cool:

8. Indy did it in 05-06

9. That does not matter in this game

Also, the Broncos did it from 2005-2006. They beat them in the 2005 regular season, 2005 divisional round, and 2006 regular season.

I forgot about the Broncos, but actually they won 4 in a row against TB/BB since they won the 09 game. Patriots won the 08 game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back