PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 Players who will never win a ring - Dumbest article of the year nominee

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8478194?MSNHPHCP&GT1=39002#sport=NFL&photo=8454162

I am scratching my head over this one - Namely...

Tomlinson,T.O. and Moss on this list of 10 players who will never win a ring?

Does this ****** realize he is not only assuming this for years ahead and that there are other players on those teams but he is putting Dallas,New England and San Diego on the list - Is he aware that these 3 teams are all expected to be near the top of chances to win the SB this year?

Someone explain this to me,Did I miss something here? - Who wrote this?

Owens is 34 years old and LT has publicly said he may retire within the next 2-3 years.

Not to mention they are coached by Wade Phillips and Norv Turner respectively.

The article was written solely to create debate. The writer found the ten most well known veteran players who have yet to win an NFL championship, but never once mentioned what flaw any of these players had that would prevent them from winning the Lombardi. Perhaps the original title was "10 biggest players who have yet to win a ring", and then the editor changed the title to "10 players who will never win a ring" in an attempt to increase readership. As we saw last year, controversy sells.

I'm thinking the odds are fairly high that the Super Bowl winner will be either the Pats, Chargers, or Cowboys; for that reason alone the story has little or no merit.

Last edited:
Owens is 34 years old and LT has publicly said he may retire within the next 2-3 years.

Not to mention they are coached by Wade Phillips and Norv Turner respectively.

Even still, the author is basically betting that the Cowboys, Chargers and Pats will not win the Superbowl in the next 2-3 years. That's not a very smart bet.

Without the top 3 selections he'd be criticized for being too obvious though.

Regardless, I don't think it's insane to list TO/LT though the odds against the writer aren't good.

I saw this article yesterday and I agree that it is a little bit odd.
The writer seems to really dislike several marquee teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes