PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 most important x-factors who will impact the 2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow .. there is one poster in this thread that is out douche bagging DIrae right now ... I never thought that could be possible ..

Last edited:
huh? you tell me

sounds like you're already convinced that it's brady's destiny to win another one........hope you're right, but logic says its not so

Are you very good at driving while looking out your back window?

Are you very good at driving while looking out your back window?

uuummmmm........yeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh

lumberg_disagrees.sized.jpg

Re: 10 most important x-factors whIIo will impact the 2012 season

highly productive QB's over the age of 35 are a dime a dozen over the course of time. thing is that none of them (at least the ones who were the most important offensive player on the team at the time) has won a thing. counting on older QB's (35 and up) in the same manner the pats depend on brady has produce zero superbowls. every year it is more likely that the QB is more beat up at the end of the year.

I mean it did not take a very hard hit to take brady out of his game in the SB.

just calling it like I see it.......finesse does not cut it in the postseason...I thought we learned that from the colts

Oh interesting, I like how Elway is brushed off because he had Terrell Davis. He also had an average at best receiving corps. All-around, Brady's weapons are superior to Elway's, even when we bow down to Davis (and that is not sarcasm- Davis was incredible.) Brady happens to have one of the most dynamic offenses ever assembled along with an amazing coach.

The Broncos had Shannon Sharpe and Rod Smith as their top options. Ed McCafferey was #3 and the great Willie Green #4. I'm pretty sure most QBs would choose the Patriots bland running game provided they had Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd, and Gaffney.

Also, it's funny that 35 is the new arbitrary number. Last year did have a stat that no QB 34+ had ever thrown for 5000 yards or over 38 TDs?

It's really too bad that Brady will be 35 and not 34. I'm pretty sure that on his 35th birthday, several Men-In-Black type agents of FATE will visit Foxboro and spray curse powder all over the team, preventing Brady from any chance of ever winning again.

Will Brady win the SB? I don't know. But I can certainly will not base my prediction or understanding of the game on a completely arbitrary line of reasoning that has been disproven in this thread multiple times using examples, logic, and statistics.

spin all you like, but the FACT is that only one QB has won anything at that age.

and there have been plenty of QB's who have been as good as brady over the course of their careers..

Really, name them.

This comment made it as clear as the rest of the crap you spew that you are only posting here to say stupid sh.t to try to piss people off. Enjoy the Tebow era for your jets, should be fun to laugh at for us. Good news for you, he's young, that means he will win the Super Bowl.

Re: 10 most important x-factors whIIo will impact the 2012 season

35 is not arbitrary......it's how old brady is

and elway is not brushed off.....he did it at 37 and 38 years old because he had the NFL MVP lining up behind him along with the best rushing game in the NFL. do the pats have anything remotely resembling that.

the pats offense is dynamic as long as it doesn't play the giants or tha ravens or the steelers.

stop with the drama.......nobody's hanging their hat on anything, but these are things to consider if you are planning to lay any money down on the ultimate outcome. even if you aren't using the same logic as though you are makes sense.

Oh interesting, I like how Elway is brushed off because he had Terrell Davis. He also had an average at best receiving corps. All-around, Brady's weapons are superior to Elway's, even when we bow down to Davis (and that is not sarcasm- Davis was incredible.) Brady happens to have one of the most dynamic offenses ever assembled along with an amazing coach.

The Broncos had Shannon Sharpe and Rod Smith as their top options. Ed McCafferey was #3 and the great Willie Green #4. I'm pretty sure most QBs would choose the Patriots bland running game provided they had Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd, and Gaffney.

Also, it's funny that 35 is the new arbitrary number. Last year did have a stat that no QB 34+ had ever thrown for 5000 yards or over 38 TDs?

It's really too bad that Brady will be 35 and not 34. I'm pretty sure that on his 35th birthday, several Men-In-Black type agents of FATE will visit Foxboro and spray curse powder all over the team, preventing Brady from any chance of ever winning again.

Will Brady win the SB? I don't know. But I can certainly will not base my prediction or understanding of the game on a completely arbitrary line of reasoning that has been disproven in this thread multiple times using examples, logic, and statistics.

Really, name them.

This comment made it as clear as the rest of the crap you spew that you are only posting here to say stupid sh.t to try to piss people off. Enjoy the Tebow era for your jets, should be fun to laugh at for us. Good news for you, he's young, that means he will win the Super Bowl.

LOL.....grow up

LOL.....grow up
.....And the hijacking is complete. :rollleyes: We can now watch sadly as this meritorious thread goes down in flames.

We can also see the futility of trying to discuss rationally with someone who's only interest is to irate rather than illuminate.

Last edited:
.....And the hijacking is complete. :rollleyes: We can now watch sadly as this meritorious thread goes down in flames.

We can also see the futility of trying to discuss rationally with someone who's only interest is to irate rather than illuminate.

what are you 'illuminating'?

my opinion is sincere and its not as off base as some of the rump-swabbers here will have you believe.

age IS an issue....some are wishing to ignore it.....I'm not ignoring it

my opinion is sincere and its not as off base as some of the rump-swabbers here will have you believe.

No one is ignoring it. We simply believe that the correlation between past performance (even last season) and future performance is stronger than the correlation between age and performance. Especially given the small sample size of QBs >= age 35.

Also, no one is saying Brady is "destined to win another Super Bowl." Hopefully, he will. And given that he is an elite QB despite being a geriatric, there is a good possibility that he might.

Last edited:
No one is ignoring it. We simply believe that the correlation between past performance (even last season) and future performance is stronger than the correlation between age and performance. Especially given the small sample size of QBs >= age 35.

Also, no one is saying Brady is "destined to win another Super Bowl." Hopefully, he will. And given that he is an elite QB despite being a geriatric, there is a good possibility that he might.

the small sample size is because so few QB's actually succeed at the top level at that age. the law of averages sort of dictates the theory

beyond the physical, I also think age is also a mental thing. I think he's taking a beating partly because the scheme is not shortening the field for him. the pats could buy themselves more years of brady by reverting to a game plan more like what weis had. for different reason, protecting a QB who is old can have the same positive effect as protecting a QB who is young and inexperienced.

Last edited:

No one is questioning your "sincerity" but your "sanity".

You stated that you think Brady is now too old to win another superbowl. Thereupon, several posters offer about a half dozen prominent examples that definitively disproved your opinion. Despite this you CONTINUED to restate your repudiated OP over and over despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. You might "sincerely" believe that 2+2=5 but just because you say it over and over again, isn't going to make it true.

....and choosing to "ignore" reality is a definition of "insanity". You are usually a better poster than that.

I wish the pats could count on brady the way most of those teams counted on their QB's

Another world class douchebag comment. Other than the year he suffered a major knee injury Brady has never missed a game in his career, and having some turd fan like you question his toughness is as ridiculous as it gets. It just shows what a douche you are and that your only purpose for posting is to say really really stupid sh.t like this to piss people off. Enjoy your jets douchebag.

Still waiting for you to name all those QB's who were as good as Brady?

No one is questioning your "sincerity" but your "sanity".

You stated that you think Brady is now too old to win another superbowl. Thereupon, several posters offer about a half dozen prominent examples that definitively disproved your opinion. Despite this you CONTINUED to restate your repudiated OP over and over despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. You might "sincerely" believe that 2+2=5 but just because you say it over and over again, isn't going to make it true.

....and choosing to "ignore" reality is a definition of "insanity". You are usually a better poster than that.

I'm questioning both, and his comment about the patriots not being able to count on Brady demonstrates there is nothing "sincere" about what he posted at all. It has no basis in reality and even a complete douche like him knows it.

In this thread he has said that there are plenty of QB's who have been as good as Brady and that the Patriots can't count on Brady, both comments are complete garbage and can only be made to instigate as neither has any basis in reality. This really is the kind of crap that only trolls can post.

Sad to say, you called it. Rest of the thread isn't worth bothering with. And it could have been a great discussion had people been allowed to talk reasonably.

Some people are the very definition of a bull in a china shop: what they don't break they sh*t on.

This is sort of like the argument that African American quarterbacks do not win Super Bowls. This is really a numbers game more than anything else. For whatever reason, there just aren't a lot of African American quarterbacks starting in the NFL at any given time. Looking around the league right now, you have Freeman, Vick, Newton, and now Griffith. 4 out of 32 starters, and that is what it's like most years.

This is a lot like the argument about 35+ QBs, as obviously since 95% of QBs are under 35, one of those guys will likely win the SB, especially since football is such a team sport which negates many advantages at specific positions in terms of being the last team standing out of 32.

So, these two myths are similar.

Next season, only Brady and Manning will likely be starters over 35, which is 2/32. The chances that one of them will win a Super Bowl, just based on probability that does not include their skills: 6.25%.

Much like the example of African Americans stated above: 12.5%.

Although fans have prejudices and irrational conclusions, it's clear that most owners don't agree. The Broncos sure paid a lot of money for Manning, and Mike Shanahan, knowing a lot about quarterbacks, sure paid a lot of draft picks for Griffith. I'm guessing that they know a little more about how the NFL works and are able to look beyond these unfounded myths and at the reality of the NFL.

So what do most fans do to justify their opinions? Come up with some pseudo-scientific answer that is not true.

For "old-age" QBs, they'll invent a reason about getting injured more often or not being able to throw as many passes (such as our little friend in this thread.) Completely false. Guys like Warner, Favre, Brady, and Manning throw as many passes as 26 year olds and are just as effective at the end of the season. Injuries happen. Brady has had tons of injuries over his career that have hurt the offense, but if it happens next year, every sportscaster will point to age as the reason.

For African American QBs, dumb nonsense about leadership, intelligence, accuracy, and other things that are not true. This is not said by mainstream media, but a lot of people think it privately, and several prominent black QBs have talked about these pressures and prejudices.

Last edited:
tom brady - how many QB's his age have won the SB?

Peyton Manning. John Elway. Lots of QBs over age 30 have won superbowls. That's just in recent memory.

X-factor. You forgot Dont'a Hightower.

LOL......you took the comments backwards. It was wishing that the pats did not have to count on brady so much that was the point.

any team that succeeded with an older QB did so because the QB was THE MAN. Elway was THE MAN in name only as it was terrell davis (the league MVP at the time) that was the difference for that team.

God....you are such an idiot

I'm questioning both, and his comment about the patriots not being able to count on Brady demonstrates there is nothing "sincere" about what he posted at all. It has no basis in reality and even a complete douche like him knows it.

In this thread he has said that there are plenty of QB's who have been as good as Brady and that the Patriots can't count on Brady, both comments are complete garbage and can only be made to instigate as neither has any basis in reality. This really is the kind of crap that only trolls can post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down