Welcome to PatsFans.com

10 Liberals, uh I mean Russian Agents Arrested

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

10 Russian Agents have been arrested for attempting to "search and develop ties in policymaking circles in US". Here's the funny part... one of them, Vicky Pelaez, has the same name as a very prominent pro-illegal-immigrant activist. Anyone who reads Pelaez' works would find someone very much in line with the writing of this forum's left-leaning members.

Another arrested agent, Anna Chapman of Manhattan, has the same name of a woman who is dating a billionaire supporter of Barack Obama. Allegedly, this billionaire also once hosted a fundraiser for McCain but it seems that was done as a personal favor to a deceased friend and he steadfastly maintained his support of Obama.

Now we don't know if it's the same Vicky Pelaez or the same Anna Chapman, but it sure as heck makes you go hmmmmmm.

It will be very interesting to see in which direction these Russian agents were trying to "influence" our nation's policies.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/06/a_network_of_ru.html

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,114 / 3 / -10

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, they don't want to talk about this, these spys aren't supposed to exist.

3. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +907 / 6 / -9

I heard one of them is a third cousin twice removed of Barack and Michelle's midwife's daughter's college roommate's accountant.

Is Wolfpack actually Cartman? You decide: Sneaky Butthole - Clips - South Park Studios

4. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The Cold War's still hot? :D On the news this morning they said these spies were using the old-style stuff like invisible ink and the like. They also said these spies became so mainstreamed that nobody would've known the difference between them and any other typical suburban neighbor. Kids all played together, etcetc. Weird how the names are the same tho.

Maybe Putin let the news slip to Obama over that cheeseburger;)

5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,114 / 3 / -10

I think a couple of them are from my old home town Cambridge, they fit right in there, almost everybody that walks through Harvard Sq looks like a friggin spy.

There are still many Loons living in Cambridge that won't have Cable TV in their homes because they think the CIA is watching them through their TV sets.

"mommy"
    "yes dear"
    "why is that man hiding behind that tree"
    "he's a spy"
    "oh"

Al Gore Building Brick Massage Parlor>>>>>>:bricks:

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,114 / 3 / -10

Spy's In Cambridge

Comrades, where is the ACLU when you need them? The CCA should be all over this one like flies on you know what. What’s next, Christmas trees allowed in Cambridge City Hall? What time does the candlelight vigil begin, like the one they had for the Mexican freeloader at Harvard last week

Alleged Reds nabbed in Cambridge? What went wrong? - BostonHerald.com

7. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +421 / 8 / -4

The ACLU... you mean that group that fights for people's Constitutional rights?

I love that so many righties hate the ACLU and target it as some fringe left group when, in theory, people who favor individual rights and limited government should be most aggressively supporting it. Of course, that just points out how little the right generally cares about individual rights and limited government.

8. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,468 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Russkie spies probably got to Cambridge and fit right in with the pinko commie, America-hating ways.

BTW, one of the people above in my original post (the illegal immigrant supporter) was exactly who I said she was. The other one ended up being some hot red head, but not the girl of the same name dating that billionaire.

10. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +421 / 8 / -4

interesting -- thanks for pointing that out

do you know if the distinction b/t individual rights and collective rights is a common one?

11. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +1,468 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

It's actually one of the emerging political debates going on not only in this country, but in dozens around the world. Unfortunately, it seems that the more totalitarian governments around the world that are nominally "liberalizing" their political society lean toward "collective rights" that can be better controlled by the government. Egypt and China come to mind as the best examples of nations that are willing to promote collective rights at the expense of individual rights.

Inevitably, the argument becomes a debate between individual rights and the "common good". The sticky question then becomes, who defines the common good? As you can imagine, a government can take away a significant number of individual rights and, in the case of China, Egypt, and the US, even property, for the "common good". It's a bit of a slippery slope, and as you can probably tell, I'm not a fan of the concept. I find it counterproductive to the ideals of freedom and liberty.

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,114 / 3 / -10

True they have done some good but they lost any respect from me when they Represented NAMBLA.
    ACLU To Represent NAMBLA

Any person or organization that associates themselves with a Sick Perverted Monster group like NAMBLA should themselves be sodimized repeatedly until they are dead then their bodys should be hung from a bridge and left rot.

The filthy Pony Tailed ACLU lawyers that represented NAMBLA should be the first sentenced to death by Sodimization.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Agree with you on the NAMBLA thing and that's an easy group to hate. No one in their right (or left) mind would support those animals, but don't forget that when you draw lines of discrimination when it comes to defending the Constitution, you get on a very slippery slope. I know the former head of the ACLU in this area, and he has told me how much it sickened him that his organization had to represent the freaks, but, at the same time, he would have been disturbed if they hadn't. To this day, that case bothers him because he still wonders if it did too much damage to their reputation nationally, but then again, the ACLU is not interested in its reputation.

John Adams defended the British troops who committed the Boston Massacre, which, as you can imagine, was as unpopular a position as you could take at that time. He is still considered a patriot and a great American.

14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,114 / 3 / -10

I agree and the ACLU has done some really good things but as with everything "when is enough enough" "where do you draw the line in the sand"
    there has to be a time when somebody will stand up and say "thats it"

15. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That works for me and you in ordinary life, but there has to be groups that push the debates in every direction. For every ACLU action there is the government and police who want to advance their agenda or religious fundamentalists who want to make America a religious state. You will miss the ACLU when the Islamists take over America and you need someone to defend your right to fornicate with your neighbor's wife in the barn.

16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +1,114 / 3 / -10

I don't have a right to fornicate with the neighbors wife in the garage, if I got caught I would have to face the music.

Nobody has a right to sodomize a 9 or 10 year old boy, I hope and pray that every member of NAMBLA is stricken with Penis And Stomach Cancer This Afternoon.

17. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

No but they have a right to be defended here in this country, as loathsome and noxious as that can be sometimes it protects all of us just as wis explained. That's the ugly beauty of our justice system, just ask any defense atty.

I agree with your last statement.

18. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

But you wouldn't have to face the music from the police (assuming the neighbor's wife consented).

Strongly agree with the last sentence.

19. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +1,468 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

I had forgotten about NAMBLA.

Ugh.

20. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +421 / 8 / -4

in addition to everything wistah wrote, it's critical to understand that the ACLU in no way said that child molestation is OK