Welcome to PatsFans.com

10 Dangerous Toys - Riotous

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by PatsWickedPissah, Dec 16, 2006.

1. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,701 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

Man, the commentary on each of these ten dangerous toys is freakin' priceless! You gotta read it.

http://www.radarmagazine.com/features/2006/12/toys.php

Brings back great memories

(Ignore if you find kids geting hurt unfunny)

MODS - please move this to the Patriots Pub section - my bad!
  2. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -1

Ah the good old days. When I was a kid, you didn't even need the cap gun (which often didn't pack enough punch anyway). You would go out to the edge of the street with your roll of caps, find a big rock or piece of asphalt and bang the heck out of them, with the object being to light the whole roll on fire if possible. After that you would climb in the station wagon with 10 family and friends (and no seat belts of course) and go for an ice cream. There's something to be said for living dangerously.
  3. psychoPat

psychoPat Role Player PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Sure it's out of place.
    But i loved it ... and sent it on.
  4. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

Ah, the good old days. When parents were expected to actually supervise their children. Now, its everyone else's fault but the parents when their kids get hurt.
  5. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,701 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

I remember really dangerous toys like those deadly JARTS. We lived with our daughter next door to some complete losers who let their outa control kids play with them. Even I who as a kid grew up building rockets and firing (literally) them off felt that those things were an impaling ready to happen. Fortunately, nobody was hurt.

Gotta agree with the sentiment that it was great fun to detonate an entire roll of caps at once by banging with a rock. Ears would ring.
  6. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +362 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

When I was a kid, we played with the Jarts. My cousin got hit in the chest with one because my younger brother wasn't paying attention.

However, the sky dancer thing is just pathetic. My step kids have them and they've never been hit with them.

All this reminds me of the stupid woman who put a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee between her thighs while she was doing make-up in her car and she broke the cup, spilling it on herself. She then sued Dunkin Donuts for the coffee being "too hot".

Today's sue happy society is just wrong.
  7. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

http://www.lettersfrombadsanta.com/toy1.html

Yeah I know it's OT but..........don't shoot the messenger here and please don't drink any beverages while reading it.....or it may end up on your keyboard.

Just my warped $0.02,
  8. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wow, what bad parents. We bought my daughter Sky Dancers a few years ago, probably off eBay, because she really liked the show. And to think she's still alive today!

My favorite "toy" was a few old HotWheels or plastic car models, a coffee can full of gasoline and a book of matches. That'd keep us amused for minutes!

That mini-nuke kit looks like it would have been fun.