Welcome to PatsFans.com

10 Best Moments in Patriots History

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by jmt57, Jul 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0

The 10 best moments in Patriots history, by someone who's seen them all by Jim Donaldson of The Providence Journal:

Nice retrospective by Donaldson as we await the start of training camp. Donaldson lists his five top off-field Patriots moments as well as his top ten on-field moments (plays, not games) in this column. The number one moment is a no-brainer though some of the others may be a bit of a surprise.

continue reading ...
  2. italian pat patriot

italian pat patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

i liked too this article: it was nice and more or less i agree with him

expecially on the top 2 of the off-field and the top 3 of the on-field
  3. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +233 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

An excellent article, written with a nice little bit of humour. I particularly appreciate number 4, the celebrations after SB XXXIX. That was the one with the group hug with Charlie and Romeo and BB, as well as BB and his dad (see sig.!) Very good choice. Ditto the love for Chuck Fairbanks.

My only quibble: I don't recognize the name of the guy who features in moments 1-3. :rolleyes:
  4. Bartmac36

Bartmac36 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think this is a very good list and probably the same picks I would have made...I would also throw in the goal line stop in INDY in 2003...
  5. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +450 / 5 / -6

#75 Jersey

Very good overall. I hate 3 field goals as "moments" though. I'll give you the snow bowl one, but any kicker makes the others.

How about we substitute the short pass Troy turns into 23 yards and out of bounds? There's no "I keek a touchdown" without that play.
  6. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +158 / 4 / -1

#12 Jersey

I'd put the Snow Bowl kick #2, since that was truly amazing, but for #1, as corny as it sounds, I'd probably put when the Pats came out onto the field together against the Rams rather than being announced individually. As strange as it sounds (although I'm sure a lot of you guys felt the same thing), I suddenly felt about 10x better about our chances of winning when that happened.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  7. RayClay

RayClay On the Roster

Ratings:
    +450 / 5 / -6

#75 Jersey

Another great "moment".

Still. I have to hype this. Even bigger than I remember. Without this, third and 10, way out of field goal range with about 25 seconds.

Maybe they don't even try to score and go into OT.

I distinctly remember Troy quietly turning 10 (14?) into 23 and stopping the clock and thinking "wait a minute, that's going to win it, I can't believe it."

Sorry, first and ten and one set up pass for six yards to the biggest upset in history.
  8. Absurdly Metro

Absurdly Metro Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Feel bad for Drew but Mo Lewis' hit in 2001 has to be right up there. :D

[​IMG]
  9. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0

On the same theme, our own Christopher Price of WEEI writes Simply The Best: Our List Of The 10 Greatest Moments In Pats' History

continue reading ...
  10. SmokeShowin

SmokeShowin Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

That was a great article by Donaldson.
  11. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -13

His #1, #2, and #7 were all from the Pats' first Super Bowl run. So guess it's OK that he didn't also include yet more from that postseason. :) My next two from that run, however, both involve Troy, but aren't the one listed above. Rather, they're both from from the Pitt game. :) (FG blocked for TD, Bledsoe relief pass.)

I'm glad he included what he called the "Snow Fireworks" and I call the "Snow Globe" game. That was AWESOME.
  12. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +858 / 8 / -10

Disable Jersey

I had exactly the same thought as you did when Troy caught the pass, made bonus yards and got out of bounds. That one play summarized his clutch, smart thinking, key contributor career with the Patriots. Clearly a Top 10 moment to me.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.