PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This out today from Tony Pauline at CNNSI:

2010 NFL Draft: Top 50 prospects, including Ndamukong Suh - NFL - SI.com

I generally respect Pauline, but some odd picks:

- Sean Weatherspoon at 34 and Derrick Morgan at 44
- No Jason Pierre-Paul or Everson Griffin
- Jonathan Dwyer at #9. I'm a big Dwyer fan, but wouldn't rate him that high.
- Brandon Spikes (14) ahead of Rolando McClain (18) - not at this point.
- Sam Bradford (8) the #1 QB prospect and Jevan Snead at 23. Umm ... no. With Jimmy Clausen at 43 and Jake Locker not in the top 50? With Tim Tebow (40) ahead of both and Colt McCoy (47) ahead of Locker? No. No. No.
- Corey Wootton at 22. Maybe last year, but so far this year Wootton has struggled to regain his pre-injury form.
- Trent Williams at 16 and Bruce Campbell at 46? Williams is a pure RT, Campbell a pure LT prospect.

Seems like a lot of rankings are based on old news and last year's play. Just like people keeping William Moore a top 15 pick all of last year.

I did not see Selvie on the list. He play appears to have fallen a ton from his sophomore season, but I thought he would rank based on reputation.

No Jake Locker..... HAHAHAHHA. There is a possiblity he goes #1

Exactly. Bradford's out for the year with surgery - he'll either stay another year, or if he does come out there will be obvious injury questions which would likely preclude him going #1 (and personally I don't think he ever merited that high a draft spot). Snead has played terribly this year, and probably needs to come back for his senior year to prove that he's worthy of a 1st round pick. If he comes out this year he certainly won't go in the 1st round. Meanwhile Locker looks like a sure top 15 pick if he comes out this year, probably top 10, and very possibly top 5, with #1 not out of the question, as you note.

I can't make sense of some of these rankings. They seem based on pre-season hype rather than on actual performance.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back